The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phoenix sadly choked. Now expect some Chelsea Daggers through Mike Smith on Tuesday.

excitedotel.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

tumblr_m2hwltCgDO1qlbhy1o2_400.gif

Recent graduate of the Carlos Zambrano School of Anger.

I'd be pissed, too, if I got booted for being third man in on a one-man fight.

What a strange slice of humanity. One guy is laying on the ice defenseless and taking rapid-fire punches while the ref, who is in charge of "law and order" on the ice, stands five feet away watching with his hand on his hip. Yup, it takes so long for Boyle to get pummeled that the ref gets bored, puts his hand on his hip and leans against the boards. Then the guy who tries to put a stop to this is thrown out of the game? And he was the third man in by literally a fraction of a second; it seemed like almost every player on the ice realized what a joke that "fight" was and was headed into the dogpile instantaneously. OITGDNHL.

For some reason, the embed link to a specific time is not working, but watch the ref starting at

Of course, since I'm sitting in the Jobber right now, why not play some OT? I'm excited.

And admiral, I agree with you most times, but not here. Did Smith flail? Yeah. But Shaw still came around and hit him full speed and hit him directly in the head. Not a fan of the full game misconduct either (mostly because I would like to have seen Shaw get the chance to have his ass kicked considering none of the Yotes jumped him on the spot.) I think your hate of the "clutchy, grabby house team" is in the way here.

Anyways. Here we go! Live, in person playoff OT.

I know I'm late and I'm also on my phone and didn't see the game because I was asleep, but why should the Coyotes have "jumped him on the spot"? The guy got a major penalty, right? I think the best way to punish them would be score as many goals as you can, then if you still want to "get him" a later time would be the time to do it because it would be counterintuitive to do it right there.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, because I didn't see the game.

Boyle deserved to get his ass beat.

Fu*k the Rags...

(i know i should be looking at things objectively, but seriously... fu*k those guys...)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Of course, since I'm sitting in the Jobber right now, why not play some OT? I'm excited.

And admiral, I agree with you most times, but not here. Did Smith flail? Yeah. But Shaw still came around and hit him full speed and hit him directly in the head. Not a fan of the full game misconduct either (mostly because I would like to have seen Shaw get the chance to have his ass kicked considering none of the Yotes jumped him on the spot.) I think your hate of the "clutchy, grabby house team" is in the way here.

Anyways. Here we go! Live, in person playoff OT.

I know I'm late and I'm also on my phone and didn't see the game because I was asleep, but why should the Coyotes have "jumped him on the spot"? The guy got a major penalty, right? I think the best way to punish them would be score as many goals as you can, then if you still want to "get him" a later time would be the time to do it because it would be counterintuitive to do it right there.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, because I didn't see the game.

He didnt get a major penalty till Smith stayed down for several minutes. As soon as they announced the game misconduct Smith got up and play resumed. They couldve gotten him before the ref did, but they didnt.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

So your saying Mike Smith didn't get hit? Seems pretty clear he did, embellishment or not. Still the right call.

The link to the HBK overselling was precisely the point. He took a hit, yes, but sold it as if he was struck by a passing Honda on the freeway.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Once again, I can't watch Pens-Flyers from my computer. NBC Livestreaming won't work because I live in Canada, and TSN isn't even offering a livestream; neither is CBC. You'd think they would be all up on this stuff.

I never said a word about it being a wrong or bad call. I simply wanted to point out that he was overselling the hit, and his pudwack status went up incrementally.

twitter

Archived