The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the Smith hit/embellishment, have none of you ever played any sport and got hit pretty hard or whatever and there's the inital shock of "HOLY :censored: " and you feel off/stung/woozy for a minute or so? Then as the shock subsides, turns out you're fine? It happens. Yes he did flail a bit more than expected with the gloves flying and what not, but I understand the staying down for a minute thing. And I do agree that the flail and the staying down probably bought the game misconduct at the very least, and maybe the upgrade from a minor or double minor to the full major. He was getting a penalty one way or the other.

To Eye regarding the jumping him thing, somebody just drilled your goalie full speed. No matter what penalty is going the other way, you still jump his ass. This was the same conversation from earlier in the year when Lucic drilled Miller. None of the Sabres jumped up to save him, and it made the Sabres look like a bunch of sissys. That they wouldn't stand up for their goalie if you drilled him, soo you could have your way. They fought Lucic in the NEXT game, but at that point it wasn't for retribution, it was an almost stage, "because we had to" thing. You stand up for your goalie. Always.

----

And holy hell this Flyers/Pens series. High scoring. Huge hits. Fights after every whistle. Fights after every GOAL. I love this.

Extremely impressed by Philly. And extremely unimpressed by Fleury. He's having an awful series.

EDIT: Holy hell, Asham. Something's coming from that, no doubt.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Regarding the Smith hit/embellishment, have none of you ever played any sport and got hit pretty hard or whatever and there's the inital shock of "HOLY :censored: " and you feel off/stung/woozy for a minute or so? Then as the shock subsides, turns out you're fine? It happens. Yes he did flail a bit more than expected with the gloves flying and what not, but I understand the staying down for a minute thing. And I do agree that the flail and the staying down probably bought the game misconduct at the very least, and maybe the upgrade from a minor or double minor to the full major. He was getting a penalty one way or the other.

To Eye regarding the jumping him thing, somebody just drilled your goalie full speed. No matter what penalty is going the other way, you still jump his ass. This was the same conversation from earlier in the year when Lucic drilled Miller. None of the Sabres jumped up to save him, and it made the Sabres look like a bunch of sissys. That they wouldn't stand up for their goalie if you drilled him, soo you could have your way. They fought Lucic in the NEXT game, but at that point it wasn't for retribution, it was an almost stage, "because we had to" thing. You stand up for your goalie. Always.

----

And holy hell this Flyers/Pens series. High scoring. Huge hits. Fights after every whistle. Fights after every GOAL. I love this.

Extremely impressed by Philly. And extremely unimpressed by Fleury. He's having an awful series.

What should happen is Schenn should get a game misconduct for diving there. That was a clean hit.

LvZYtbZ.png

What should happen is Schenn should get a game misconduct for diving there. That was a clean hit.

I know you're being willmorristrollbot, but Asham cross-checked him in the throat, then punched him in the back of the head while he laid on the ice.

"You're an idiot. Stop posting."

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

----

Unfortunately, the NHL rulebook doesn't have a specific penalty for being a :censored:.

They're calling too many penalties on the Penguins and not enough on the Flyers. Have they forgotten who Sidney Crosby plays for?

Entitlement, much?

They're calling too many penalties on the Penguins and not enough on the Flyers. Have they forgotten who Sidney Crosby plays for?

Entitlement, much?

Do not feed.

Anyways, HOCKEY!!!! If only Jersey and Florida can live up to this. :P

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived