The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do people not like hockey? This is fantastic.

I don't mean people that don't like sports. I mean people who love the others and just dismiss hockey. I don't get it. This is worse than the NBA? Au contraire.

The most mind boggling thing to me was hearing a soccer fanboy say hockey was boring.:wacko:

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Out of all the overtime we've seen so far, somehow both Panthers games have ended in regulation. And the rats came flying onto the ice after the Panther win, pretty cool.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Make it rain rats Florida!

That brought back some memories, man. I sort of remember the run they had in '96.

What shocked me was that this was their first playoff win in 15 years (!)

I don't know, I think it's pretty lame to live in a 16-year-old past that consisted of gaming the system and losing, but then again I suppose what's old is new again in that respect as well. I'm glad the legacy of Scott Mellanby will never fade away, though, I guess.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That brought back some memories, man. I sort of remember the run they had in '96.

Yeah. That's a ridiculously insane long time!

I didn't think their drought was this long. No wonder we haven't seen the rats for all this time! The tradition has always been there since 1996, they just haven't won a game since back then. :wacko:

Apparently, Google Ads knows when we're talking about the Florida Panthers:

partycity.png

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I didn't think their drought was this long. No wonder we haven't seen the rats for all this time! The tradition has always been there since 1996, they just haven't won a game since back then. :wacko:

Actually I thought the rats were outlawed at some point in the late 1990s.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh, they're outlawed during the game (punished by delay of game) but nothing says they can't do it after the game.

LvZYtbZ.png

You know, even by hockey standards, this Kings team is really WASPy. There's someone on this team named "Justin Williams" who has been in the league for eleven years and put up 76 points on the '06 Hurricanes and 59 this year. I never would have guessed this person existed.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They used to get tossed on the ice as a goal celebration, so the NHL outlawed such a practice (hats excluded), punishable by a 2-minute bench minor. End-of-game rat tossing's still okay.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived