The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

Just admit that your team hasn't played up to expectations and the opponent is taking advantage of mistakes....the usual athlete cliche stuff. Instead he acts like a spoiled brat, whining about the Flyers retaliating for things HE STARTED! When your captain, alt captain and goalie have no answers on how to solve things, your team is in trouble.

Whining would be blaming the refs. He never complained the refs are why they lost 3 games. He barely talked about the game at all. He just said he hates the other team. I don't get why you're upset.

1zqy8ok.gif

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The postgame stuff from Crosby was great too.

"I don't like any of their players. Not one of them."

"Why did you push Voracek's glove away?"

"Because I don't like him. What else did you want me to do there?"

"Well, you could have just skated away..."

"Skated away? Yeah....well...I didn't..."

Whiny crybaby bullsh**. Stop acting like you're 8 and not getting your own way...

What do you want him to say? Oh yeah those Flyers their great, I love them all. It's playoff hockey, you're supposed to hate the other team.

Yes your supposed to hate the other team but you don't have act like a whiney, entitled brat. I would expect the above dialogue from a 5th grader, not the Captain of an elite hockey team...

Apparently Arron Asham and James Neal have discipline hearings tomorrow. If that doesn't speak to the wussification of the league, I don't know what does.

Yeah the league is messed up, but to say they're wussified because they have a process just isn't fair. We know they're going to be suspended but where's the harm in speaking with the players like men before anything is doled out?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Apparently Arron Asham and James Neal have discipline hearings tomorrow. If that doesn't speak to the wussification of the league, I don't know what does.

Yeah the league is messed up, but to say they're wussified because they have a process just isn't fair. We know they're going to be suspended but where's the harm in speaking with the players like men before anything is doled out?

Remind me again why they deserve to be suspended for clean hits?

LvZYtbZ.png

No, it's the wussification of the league that they're getting any discipline for their actions, as they were both clean. We need more players like them that actually show some fight.

willtrollis, back at it again...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

[mod deleted]

DO NOT FEED

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The postgame stuff from Crosby was great too.

"I don't like any of their players. Not one of them."

"Why did you push Voracek's glove away?"

"Because I don't like him. What else did you want me to do there?"

"Well, you could have just skated away..."

"Skated away? Yeah....well...I didn't..."

Whiny crybaby bullsh**. Stop acting like you're 8 and not getting your own way...

What do you want him to say? Oh yeah those Flyers their great, I love them all. It's playoff hockey, you're supposed to hate the other team.

Yeah I don't think that's so much a big deal. If he was a Flyer, I'd want him to say the same thing.

However, as one of the "faces of the league", you need to be more savvy there and not act like a baby (which he came off as, even if there's nothing wrong with his feelings there.)

Some third-line goon says that stuff - it's all fun. For the star who does nothing but instigate nonsense that others have to clean up, complains constantly, and acts as unprofessionally as any star player I can remember seeing, it's BS.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You know, with these early exits, we might see Crosby enter the Triple Gold Club this year.

In all seriousness, I don't expect Asham or Neal to get suspended mainly because the players that were hit didn't get hurt. That seems to be Shanahan's M.O. this postseason.

LvZYtbZ.png

I'm not even going to address the typical flayers fan :censored: that was your last post. Have fun trying to face anyone else with Bryz as your goalie.

save.gif

I don't trust him at all. Thank God the offense is bailing his a** out.

qPExw.gif

awwww...MAF couldn't stop Voracek's glove either... ^_^

And you wonder why your fanbase has the reputation it does...

Enjoy the victory the pens handed to you. Easy to win a series when the other team collapses. We'll see you guys talk when you have to actually defeat someone. And look at how many goals Bryzgalov gave up even with a defense in front of him. If you think that's gonna fly in the playoffs, you are sadly mistaken.

This is another chapter in the rivalry, and nothing more.

I don't really care about this series, as I've watched all of 3 Flyers games all year, but I happened to catch the 3rd period of yesterday's game, and if you can honestly come on here and not recognize what a disgrace Sidney Crosby is to himself, his team, his fans, and frankly even his family, then you are beyond having any discussions with about any topic at all.

I had heard about all the cheap shots and stuff like that but hadn't actually seen for myself until yesterday. The Penguins were the little kids who knew they were losing so just went after people, and Crosby, with his pushing of the glove, slaps to the backs of people's heads (then ducking behind teammates), pulling Hartnell back, etc., actually made me legitimately angry (and I'm not someone who gets riled up over sports.) I've never seen behavior like that from a "star" player, let alone one of the faces of the league. Utter disgrace. If you can honestly defend him or any of the actions that any of his teammates did yesterday, then you should just take a break from the boards for a while because you'll have proven beyond any shadow of a doubt how blind you are to the reality that exists outside of your little black and gold box.

Why don't you lay the :censored: off, eh? Did I once defend their actions?

No. Hell, if anything I wrote them off the moment Letang decided to try and take matters into his own hands and fight Timonen. It was apparent then all discipline was lost. If you're the top defenseman, you do NOT get yourself kicked out in the first period.

It was disgusting, disgraceful, pathetic, and embarrassing. Did I mention pathetic? That's why I was trying to explain to your friend there (who continues to prove every stereotype of Philadelphian obnoxiousness and classlessness with every post) that this is a situation of the Penguins throwing everything away far more than it is an example of the Flyers winning.

Okay, I'll give the Flyers some credit. Game One. And the beginning of Game Two. But even then, this penguins team has found every way possible to shoot themselves in the foot, and then the knee for good measure.

I did not once defend anyone's actions, as that would be totally asinine. What the penguins exhibited was selfish vendettas, frustration, and anger. The only guys actually playing hockey were Staal, Adams, a couple other guys, and Neal... well, until he decided to blindside a guy. They forgot what the playoffs is about. Playing hockey. Playing for the cup. They decided instead to do... I don't even know.

If I'm Mario, I don't wait for Shanahan's hearing and just boot Asham myself. Then I pull Sid aside and have a long talk to him about what it means to be the captain and a leader. Maybe the concussion fully activated the :censored: side of his brain, who knows. But the old cold and businesslike Sid alone would have done wonders last night. He was nowhere to be found. Hell, I'd even go up to Disco Dan and ask him why the :censored: he hasn't changed a thing and has let it get to this point. Where is his authority?

We can say it's the "Flyers bringing out the worst in them", which to a certain extent may be true, but this is nothing like I've seen from this team before. Believe me when I say, not a single person in the penguins fanbase is okay with anything that happened yesterday. If there is one, we don't want them around.

And honestly, the notion you'd even think I'd be okay with all of that (when I said nothing of the sort) is, whether you meant it that way or not, downright insulting. But if we want to make assumptions about people, I'll assume you were.

oBIgzrL.png

There are definitely more "Anaheim/Ducks suck" chants or Mighty Ducks/Gordon Bombay/Charlie Conway/Goldberg jokes than "Go Kings Go" chants when I've gone to Ducks/Kings games.

When you name your team after a Disney movie, you kind of have to expect this :P

1) Except when after 19 years, I think I've heard every different iteration of those jokes. They are really quite stale and unoriginal.

2) Your dead horse? It's this. Let it alone.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So Mike Gillis, ready to due over that trade with Buffalo?

Is Gragnani hurt or just a healthy scratch?

He's a scratch. For good reason, he's awful. But yeah, the Canucks could sure have used a guy with the talent to play in the top six like Hodgson right now.

Like I kinda understood the reasoning behind it at the time. Now, I think it was stupid to depend on a rookie, making his first playoff appearance to bring a physical tone and contribute, just not yet.

Obviously with the Dank injury, Hodgson's offense would be helpful, but what's Ryan Kesler's excuse?

I don't think he's been the same player since the hip injury. He's slower and his mental focus seems poor. He probably should have been held out longer before he came back this year to recover more fully.

I'm not even going to address the typical flayers fan :censored: that was your last post. Have fun trying to face anyone else with Bryz as your goalie.

save.gif

I don't trust him at all. Thank God the offense is bailing his a** out.

qPExw.gif

awwww...MAF couldn't stop Voracek's glove either... ^_^

And you wonder why your fanbase has the reputation it does...

Enjoy the victory the pens handed to you. Easy to win a series when the other team collapses. We'll see you guys talk when you have to actually defeat someone. And look at how many goals Bryzgalov gave up even with a defense in front of him. If you think that's gonna fly in the playoffs, you are sadly mistaken.

This is another chapter in the rivalry, and nothing more.

I don't really care about this series, as I've watched all of 3 Flyers games all year, but I happened to catch the 3rd period of yesterday's game, and if you can honestly come on here and not recognize what a disgrace Sidney Crosby is to himself, his team, his fans, and frankly even his family, then you are beyond having any discussions with about any topic at all.

I had heard about all the cheap shots and stuff like that but hadn't actually seen for myself until yesterday. The Penguins were the little kids who knew they were losing so just went after people, and Crosby, with his pushing of the glove, slaps to the backs of people's heads (then ducking behind teammates), pulling Hartnell back, etc., actually made me legitimately angry (and I'm not someone who gets riled up over sports.) I've never seen behavior like that from a "star" player, let alone one of the faces of the league. Utter disgrace. If you can honestly defend him or any of the actions that any of his teammates did yesterday, then you should just take a break from the boards for a while because you'll have proven beyond any shadow of a doubt how blind you are to the reality that exists outside of your little black and gold box.

Why don't you lay the :censored: off, eh? Did I once defend their actions?

No. Hell, if anything I wrote them off the moment Letang decided to try and take matters into his own hands and fight Timonen. It was apparent then all discipline was lost. If you're the top defenseman, you do NOT get yourself kicked out in the first period.

It was disgusting, disgraceful, pathetic, and embarrassing. Did I mention pathetic? That's why I was trying to explain to your friend there (who continues to prove every stereotype of Philadelphian obnoxiousness and classlessness with every post) that this is a situation of the Penguins throwing everything away far more than it is an example of the Flyers winning.

Okay, I'll give the Flyers some credit. Game One. And the beginning of Game Two. But even then, this penguins team has found every way possible to shoot themselves in the foot, and then the knee for good measure.

I did not once defend anyone's actions, as that would be totally asinine. What the penguins exhibited was selfish vendettas, frustration, and anger. The only guys actually playing hockey were Staal, Adams, a couple other guys, and Neal... well, until he decided to blindside a guy. They forgot what the playoffs is about. Playing hockey. Playing for the cup. They decided instead to do... I don't even know.

If I'm Mario, I don't wait for Shanahan's hearing and just boot Asham myself. Then I pull Sid aside and have a long talk to him about what it means to be the captain and a leader. Maybe the concussion fully activated the :censored: side of his brain, who knows. But the old cold and businesslike Sid alone would have done wonders last night. He was nowhere to be found. Hell, I'd even go up to Disco Dan and ask him why the :censored: he hasn't changed a thing and has let it get to this point. Where is his authority?

We can say it's the "Flyers bringing out the worst in them", which to a certain extent may be true, but this is nothing like I've seen from this team before. Believe me when I say, not a single person in the penguins fanbase is okay with anything that happened yesterday. If there is one, we don't want them around.

And honestly, the notion you'd even think I'd be okay with all of that (when I said nothing of the sort) is, whether you meant it that way or not, downright insulting. But if we want to make assumptions about people, I'll assume you were.

You're right. You're nonsense about "typical XXXX fan" must have been what I interpreted as sticking up for "your" team.

Seriously - every fan base teases the other when their team has the upper hand. Don't act like Penguins fans are the hockey equivilent of what the media thinks of the St. Louis Cardinals fans.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The NHL is a league where fighting on a regular basis is not only allowed, it's tacitly encouraged. With that in mind, I don't think there's a lot of moral high ground to be claimed by any fan base.

Just my 2 cents...

On topic: Go Rangers! B)

BB52Big.jpg

All I'm saying is the Penguins' current situation sucks enough that people acting like we're okay with the asshattery that happened yesterday pisses me off more than normal. Believe it or not, we're smarter than that. You want ignorant :censored: Pittsburgh fans, go to a Steelers game. Even we hate them.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived