The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before the season James Wisniewski was given a 12 game suspension on a play that didn't result in an injury or a penalty.

These punishments are being doled out by people with no educations, foresight, or rational thinking. OTGDNHL

PvO6ZWJ.png

Cue Morgo gloating, despite the fact that his team is on the brink of elimination...

I'm not sure what one has to do with the other, or how pointing out another user is productive here.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Before the season James Wisniewski was given a 12 game suspension on a play that didn't result in an injury or a penalty.

These punishments are being doled out by people with no educations, foresight, or rational thinking. OTGDNHL

What do you expect when the Comish is the biggest idiot in the history of sports.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

<------- Check avatar for Coyote troll face.

---

But in all seriousness, 3 games is pretty ridiculous with everything taken into consideration. All of these decisions are so enormously inconsistent. Absurd, really. Although, I think if the Weber thing wasn't the very first incident of the playoffs and it had happened in Game 2 or 3, he'd have been suspended. I almost have to believe these new suspensions are reactionary to everyone calling BS on Weber's fine. Shanahan is reacting to everyone calling low punishment in Weber and is now dishing it on everyone else.

And why the hell has there been so many more of these incidents in the playoffs? Whole league has lost its head or something.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

THREE :censored: ing GAMES?!?

So next time slam Smith's head into the turnbuckle at the end of regulation.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

After a quick Google search, that's some of the worst head hunting I've seen of any of those, and that seems pretty appropriate.

The analysis in Shanahan's video doesn't seem off at all; despite admiral's claims that it was barely a tap on the shoulder, he did make shoulder contact to the head and didn't make any attempt to avoid the goalie. However... three games seems harsh. He didn't pop the elbow up or anything like that. One game seems like it would have been better fitting as a message that goalies aren't fair game in the playoffs.

Most of the others seem in line... except for Weber. Seriously, I don't like the Red Wings, and I would have thought 2-3 games would be appropriate for that. Plus a bigger fine--but you can blame the players' association for keeping the limits on fines low so that the players aren't held accountable in that way.

POTD 2013-08-22

he did make shoulder contact to the head and didn't make any attempt to avoid the goalie.

He's a big guy in goalie pads blocking the whole lane, as well as the puck, for that matter. Shaw didn't really have anywhere to go, unless he was to stop on a dime and go back around the way he came. I don't know what recourse he had, really, and he didn't go out of his way to line him up for a headshot. I don't get it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Let's sacrifice Brandon Bollig and show the world what running the goalie really is. Smith will sell an actual headshot so hard he might pull a katana out of his blocker and sever his own head.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

But in all seriousness, 3 games is pretty ridiculous with everything taken into consideration. All of these decisions are so enormously inconsistent. Absurd, really. Although, I think if the Weber thing wasn't the very first incident of the playoffs and it had happened in Game 2 or 3, he'd have been suspended. I almost have to believe these new suspensions are reactionary to everyone calling BS on Weber's fine. Shanahan is reacting to everyone calling low punishment in Weber and is now dishing it on everyone else.

And why the hell has there been so many more of these incidents in the playoffs? Whole league has lost its head or something.

That's the thing: The decisions are so inconsistent because they're of a reactionary manner more than anything. Once they dropped the ball while dealing with the Weber incident (I'm pulling for the Predators to go far, but Weber should've sat a game or 2 for that one), it's been the wild west from that point forward. Seriously, that was the tipping point and it's been open season ever since in each & every series.

From the on-ice truculence to the decisions being made by the league office, the first round of this season's playoffs have been a hot-ass mess. Really embarrassing for the league right now.

he did make shoulder contact to the head and didn't make any attempt to avoid the goalie.

He's a big guy in goalie pads blocking the whole lane, as well as the puck, for that matter. Shaw didn't really have anywhere to go, unless he was to stop on a dime and go back around the way he came. I don't know what recourse he had, really, and he didn't go out of his way to line him up for a headshot. I don't get it.

C'mon. He had time and room to avoid that hit. Let's not play like he was completely innocent here.

POTD 2013-08-22

I kind of want to see someone slam a player's head into the glass again just to see if Shanahan would let them off again or suspend them for something that's already gone unpunished.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Jesse Rogers made a good point on twitter, Shaw is basically serving Weber's suspension.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

C'mon. He had time and room to avoid that hit. Let's not play like he was completely innocent here.

He's definitely not innocent, but Smith's ballet pirouette was a clear embellishment and the hit was worth a game misconduct and a one-game suspension, not more.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Jesse Rogers made a good point

Crap. Maybe the Mayans were right.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ever been hit in the head? Even with a helmet/mask on, it hurts like hell for a bit. I don't blame him a bit for having a reaction. Did you really expect him to just stay standing as if nothing had happened? Shouldn't everyone do that on every check, then?

POTD 2013-08-22

Just thinking: could Crosby's behaviour on Sunday have resulted from altered brain function (i.e. damage to the neocortex) stemming from his prior concussions? Damaged brains affect reasoning. Just thinking out loud.

It sickened me to say it, but technically he was hijacking that thought from a twitter follower, so it wasn't his. The Mayans still might be wrong.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Mayans still might be wrong.

Maybe, but that won't stop me from getting a stupid girl into bed using the world is going to end bit on December 20th.

Just thinking: could Crosby's behaviour on Sunday have resulted from altered brain function (i.e. damage to the neocortex) stemming from his prior concussions? Damaged brains affect reasoning. Just thinking out loud.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't think that a possibility. Although I think if that were the case we would have seen that earlier. He was doing less whining and hacking than ever when he first came back, it isn't until Game Three he switched to full ass mode.

I'll chalk Sid's actions up to the same thing I am blaming the rest of team's decent into insanity - intense frustration.

As much as they keep denying it, it's the only thing it can be, and they'd be better off just admitting it. The only other possibility is that there is no authority or leadership in the locker room, which would warrant more drastic measures. And in this day and age, that always starts with the firing of a coach. I'd hate to see Bylsma go, and I don't want to joint the ranks of panic-button-pressing pens fans who are calling for Disco to get the axe, because he did do an amazing job the past two regular seasons.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived