The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that I'm noticing, especially in the east, is a lack of respect for other players. The complete bush-league of Matt Carkner punching Brian Boyle in the back of the head repeatedly was horrible, but to see the cross check to the neck of Brayden Schenn followed by a punch to the head, is utterly classless and both players need to be just plain kicked out of the league. I don't have a problem with playing hard, but their just plain no respect from some players, and these players need to be kicked out of the league. If there's truly a standard for targeting the head, then how does Matt Carkner not get 10-15 games for purposely targeting and punching Brian Boyle's head repeatedly?

One thing that I'm noticing, especially in the east, is a lack of respect for other players. The complete bush-league of Matt Carkner punching Brian Boyle in the back of the head repeatedly was horrible, but to see the cross check to the neck of Brayden Schenn followed by a punch to the head, is utterly classless and both players need to be just plain kicked out of the league. I don't have a problem with playing hard, but their just plain no respect from some players, and these players need to be kicked out of the league. If there's truly a standard for targeting the head, then how does Matt Carkner not get 10-15 games for purposely targeting and punching Brian Boyle's head repeatedly?

I would agree with you, but in Carkner's and Asham's cases, their actions were both retaliation for something Boyle and Schenn respectively had done to their teammates. Sure, both actions were a bit excessive. However, it's not a lack of respect for opponents, it's sticking up for your teammates.

From a Penguins perspective, I think they need to replace Fleury for the third. He has let in too many goals to warrant staying in net for the remainder of the game, and possibly the series.

Can't come back if you keep giving up penalties.

Or goals for that matter.

Which are a result of the penalties. They finally seem to get it together on the 5-on-5, and then they take penalties they cannot kill.

oBIgzrL.png

Claude Giroux has been like Batman this series, killing the Penguins.

Nice joke.

But Batman doesn't kill. It's not part of his crime-fighting philosophy. He doesn't have to save them, but he doesn't aim to kill them, just beat them up. Anyway, I think teams with goalies who are playing poorly should show the goalies this graphic.

goalierules.png?t=1334526244

What a cheap, absolutely uncalled for hit by Neal, can't wait to see Maz come here and defend that idiot again. Crosby backing down from a fight he tried to instigate again, what a shock. No wonder this teams about to be down 3-0. And this is from a someone who hates the Flyers, the Penguins just seem like they can't hang so they'll try to play the Flyers goonery game and it just won't work.

Archived