The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't like the similar ads on the dasher boards (not sure if that's the accurate term) for the NHL playoffs. Especially the Pepsi ads at Madison Square Garden, Staples Ceneer and the other arenas that sell Coca-Cola beverages. Yes, for the playoffs, Pepsi is a "proud corporate partner" but the Pepsi advertistment seems out of place.

Really, after THAT game, thats what you have to say about the playoffs?! Dude, watch the games.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I really don't like the similar ads on the dasher boards (not sure if that's the accurate term) for the NHL playoffs. Especially the Pepsi ads at Madison Square Garden, Staples Ceneer and the other arenas that sell Coca-Cola beverages. Yes, for the playoffs, Pepsi is a "proud corporate partner" but the Pepsi advertistment seems out of place.

Really, after THAT game, thats what you have to say about the playoffs?! Dude, watch the games.

It's all the playoffs games up to this point. I try to watch the games, but it's hard when I don't have cable.

This is the best and funniest thing I've ever seen.

I love everyone jumping on the Flyers bandwagon! It's not that they love Philly, more like they HATE the penguins.

Kind of like you. Only you don't hate the Penguins even. You just hate the city of Pittsburgh. Shut up.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I know everyone likes mayhem and fights but am I the only one who feels this game makes the NHL look bad? Towards the end it really got to the point of embarrassment for the NHL as a whole. Tons of cheap shots and just an overall lack of control and composure. It will be fun to see how game 4 goes though. I can only imagine the refs are going to have their hands full again.

PopHeading-1.gif

I know everyone likes mayhem and fights but am I the only one who feels this game makes the NHL look bad? Towards the end it really got to the point of embarrassment for the NHL as a whole. Tons of cheap shots and just an overall lack of control and composure. It will be fun to see how game 4 goes though. I can only imagine the refs are going to have their hands full again.

It does make the league look disgraceful, but it's damn entertaining! :D

It does make the league look disgraceful, but it's damn entertaining! :D

Yeah honestly I really dont care how it makes the league look, it was entertaining.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Refs brought all that onto themselves by not doing anything to James Neal until they basically had to. You can't expect a team to not react like the Flyers did if a cheap shot like that goes unnoticed.

And what an awful leader Crosby is. I understand if you want to shield a guy from getting involved in a fight, but you don't grab the back of his jersey and pull him down; and he did it to Scott Hartnell, of all people! If you're going to go after one of the top instigators in the league with that type of approach, be a man and fight him.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

This is a great day. First Preds-Wings was a good, then we had the brawl and goal filled Keystone battle. Next the Devils-Panthers might not be the best series, but tonight is the critical Game 3 of the Kings and Canucks. I can't wait for that one.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

How do people not like hockey? This is fantastic.

I'm not a hockey fan at all, but I've caught bits and pieces of Flyers/Pens and it's actually been pretty entertaining. Nothing beats playoff basketball at this time of year, though, and that's coming up soon.

I don't know how closely yove been following the NHL playoffs but this opening round is exactly why the NHL is a superior sport to basketball. The NHL playoffs is two months of intense, physical and emotional hockey. Just getting out of the opening round is exasperating. The NBA really doesn't pick up till the conference finals. There are far too many mismatches and sweeps in the NBA playoffs to match the NHL.

That Flyers games repeatedly devolve into big sloppy brawls still isn't as disgraceful as pretending to spontaneously combust.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That Flyers games repeatedly devolve into big sloppy brawls still isn't as disgraceful as pretending to spontaneously combust.

You are so right. Crosschecking a guy across the throat is peanuts to getting hit in your jaw and selling the contact.

Edit: I know I am just feeding the troll at this point but you do realize the player is supposed to make every attempt to avoid contact with goalie like that right? You honestly don't think this was a way of sending a message to Smith so next time he goes to handle the puck (which he is one of the best at) he might have second thoughts?

PopHeading-1.gif

I'm glad the rest of you are seeing what we have for years when it comes to the Penguins. Pieces of sh**....all of em.

9SxWX.gif

james-neal-is-a-bitch-o.gif

nealhit_medium.gif

Finish the sweep off on Wednesday, then your P.O.S. "leaders", defense and goalie can go enjoy some golf...

sBaCU.gif

The NBA really doesn't pick up till the conference finals. There are far too many mismatches and sweeps in the NBA playoffs to match the NHL.

Depends on the conference. The NBA's Eastern Conference has sucked, sucks, and will always suck... but the Western Conference playoffs are always competitive and entertaining.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived