Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

If the Ducks get some depth they're a playoff team, no question. I'd be a little concerned about Hiller's health, though. If they end up getting six games to beat up on Colorado or Winnipeg, that will help their cause immensely.

They picked up the Swedish Elite League's reigning back-to-back goalie of the year, 29-year old Viktor Fasth, to ease the burden on Hiller. Let Hiller play less games to just not wear him out. Fasth has good stats (Five shutouts with a 2.12 GAA and .931 SV% in 46 games in the SEL and went 4-2 with a 2.34 GAA and two shutouts in the World Championships) and is supposed to be the best goalie out of Sweden since Lundqvist. I'm much more confident in that department than I was with Dan Ellis (despite some occasionally stellar performances), Devin Deslauriers, or Iiro Tarrki (to the KHL with you!).

And yeah, the Ducks would definitely benefit from some last second realignment. 6 games against LA/San Jose/Dallas/Phoenix isn't always a treat. As evidenced by the shootout/overtime numbers and the low points, the whole division tends to leach off each other.

Just because he was good in another league, doesn't guarantee he will be good in the NHL. At least Dan Ellis was proven, but hopefully Fasth is as good as people say...

...and it's Jeff Deslauriers. ;)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty good deal, considering Helm seems to get himself pretty banged up and may not be destined for the longest of careers.

And ah crap, that Brandon Bollig contract turns one-way for 2014. Glad we're guaranteeing money to a guaranteed asshat. I don't get the Blackhawks sometimes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

What does he want to be like Chris Chelios?

Except Teemu is way more productive/effective than Chelios at his age.

Hope this is actually true, but I was much more confident this offseason than the 5 previous that he'd definitely be back.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Well Josh Harding needs to learn that unless Backstrom gets hurt, he doesn't start very often.

I know a couple teams that would sign him, and give him a legit chance at starting. Granted, he needs to learn to stay healthy.

Harding is off the market. Re-signs in Minny for 3 years, $5.7M

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'm actually really excited for the draft. I've gone over every scouting report, mock draft, and league analysis out there, and I have no idea how the top 5 will go. I've seen Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, Murray, and Forsberg all projected to go second, and Yakupov going second, Forsberg and Galchenyuk going sixth with Grigorenko going eighth. I've heard talk that the Leafs have no shot at Grigorenko and will scoop up Galchenyk, and vice-versa. They'll have the easy pick, as they'll just take whoever of Galchenyuk/Grigorenko/Forsberg isn't taken (under the assumption that Murray and Yakupov will go top 5, which is the one predictable thing about this year's top 5, or even top 10 for that matter). I'm hoping for Galchenyuk, and predicting Forsberg. Either way, things will get interesting.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

What does he want to be like Chris Chelios?

Except Teemu is way more productive/effective than Chelios at his age.

Hope this is actually true, but I was much more confident this offseason than the 5 previous that he'd definitely be back.

I hope he has a monster season and gets 37 goals so he can hit 700 for his career.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Bobby Mac saying Bobby Ryan is available again.

Link.

Cue the Ryan-to-Toronto rumours.

Leafs projected 2012-13 top-six (courtesy of HF Boards):

Ryan-Staal-Parise

Yakupov-Jesus-Nash

Seems about right.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Link.

Ryan-Staal-Parise

Yakupov-Jesus-Nash

Seems about right.

Jesus would be better suited as a goalie. Just sayin'!

Link.

Ryan-Staal-Parise

Yakupov-Jesus-Nash

Seems about right.

About as good as what they got. He likes to let out bad rebounds. Havent you ever heard the phrase "Jesus saves, Espo puts in the rebound"?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Link.

Ryan-Staal-Parise

Yakupov-Jesus-Nash

Seems about right.

About as good as what they got. He likes to let out bad rebounds. Havent you ever heard the phrase "Jesus saves, Espo puts in the rebound"?

I could be mistaken, but isn't the latter half of the quote supposed to be "Espo scores on the rebound" and not "Espo puts in the rebound"?

Link.

Ryan-Staal-Parise

Yakupov-Jesus-Nash

Seems about right.

I could be mistaken, but isn't the latter half of the quote supposed to be "Espo scores on the rebound" and not "Espo puts in the rebound"?

Ahh same thing! lol

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived