Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Detroit media is reporting that Mike Babcock has been spotted at an Airport in Minnesota FWIW.

Which is based upon a tweet by some random womens' hockey coach. Not exactly the most sound of sources.

I'd be shocked if Parise ends up in Detroit. New Jersey, Pittsburgh, or Minnesota IMO.

If the Wings miss out on Parise, do they have the assets to trade for Ryan or Nash?

Well, if rumors are true, no team on the planet have enough assets to pry Nash away from Columbus. I'm not a huge Nash fan as it is.

Bobby Ryan and the Wings are a good fit IMO. The Wings have enough set-up guys and need a finisher. Rumors are that Anaheim wants a 2nd line center and we have a pretty good young center in Filppula who will be a UFA next year and if the Wings spend money this offseason they probably won't be able to pay him the 4-5M he'll get on the open market. They also have an overload of forwards and some young defenseman. So yeah, I think they have the right assets the Ducks are looking for in return for Ryan.

If I had to guess, I think the Wings are waiting for the Parise shoe to drop. If he goes elsewhere (which I believe will happen), I think you'll see them go after Semin (who they will pair with his fellow comrade Datsyuk) and then trading for another top 6 forward like Bobby Ryan.

Detroit media is reporting that Mike Babcock has been spotted at an Airport in Minnesota FWIW.

Which is based upon a tweet by some random womens' hockey coach. Not exactly the most sound of sources.

Especially considering Parise was camped out at his agent's office in Mississauga, Ont., was he not?

Especially considering Parise was camped out at his agent's office in Mississauga, Ont., was he not?

Didn't he have to fly home to get his fiancé's permission or something?

A little creepy, but Ansar Khan from Freep is reporting Ilitch's plane is in Madison right now, per FlightAware. So there's proof of this one... Suter could be coming back with 'em?

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/07/red_wings_on_their_private_pla.html

I agree with Matt, I doubt Nash will pull what Howson wants for him (probably like 3 top 6 forwards and 100 pounds of diamonds)? and Ryan would be a good fit. We have a little bit of a surplus now with the couple signings and pending re-signing a couple guys like Abby, so a trade could happen? I just hope they don't give up a guy like Fil (I've seen rumors with his name thrown around).

I hear they have some nice lakes in Minnesota. Cripes.

Honestly, I dont blame Parise or Suter for waiting. If it were me I sure as hell wouldnt sign the first couple days. Get the offers, weigh them, talk to people around organizations interested, see teams facilities, check out the area. Hes getting married, prolly going to have kids. These are things people dont think about, its more than likely more than about money for these guys.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Not sure what Jagr sees in Dallas. It's pretty obvious he's playing for the paycheck.

A word from the contingent that is surprised by this:

*crickets*

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Not sure what Jagr sees in Dallas. It's pretty obvious he's playing for the paycheck.

I'm wondering if this is the start of his Farewell Tour, where he joins a different and random new NHL team every season. If he can last that long.

Either way, it's certainly an unusual mo-oo-oo-oo-oo-AAARRRGHHHHH

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Getzlaf - "He better be really good because a lot of players, not just on this team, don't like the way he's handling this situation. We want guys who want to be here and be a part of our team. No one wants to deal with that sh... uh stuff in the locker room."

If only Getzlaf can actually show that passion during a game without crying to the refs constantly. Still, if he takes a couple runs at Schultz starting next season, say, in perpetuity, I'll be pleased.

Archived