Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there is another lockout my theory that Gary Bettman is only comissioner of the NHL to destroy it from with in will be compared. I have always felt he has been David Stern's secret agent so that the NBA is the only winter sports league.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Marc Bergevin will be officially named as the next General Manager of the Habs.

I think it's a solid addition to the team, and will hopefully give a clear direction to the team and the fans for the next years to come.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Send him to Winnipeg, after all according to the Celebrities wearing NHL gear thread, they have a jersey all ready for him.

I pretty sure his NHL Career and possibly his hockey career is over. No team GM with 1/10th of a brain will take him, especially considering just how much media attention his poor play has received. It's too bad, though. I wish any NHL team would take him for the sole reason that when he returns to the Bell Center, we can boo the :censored: of of him!

How much is the buyout going to count against their cap?

TEXT CAP HIT BREAKDOWN (for copying and pasting)

Scott Gomez buyout from CapGeek.com

◦2012-13: $3,523,810

◦2013-14: $4,523,810

◦2014-15: $1,666,667

◦2015-16: $1,666,667

Not too bad. It could of been worse.

That's very good news for the Habs.

Also the Flames signed the KHL's leading playoff scorer in Roman Cervenka. Much needed skill player for the Flames!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Marc Bergevin will be officially named as the next General Manager of the Habs.

I think it's a solid addition to the team, and will hopefully give a clear direction to the team and the fans for the next years to come.

Three straight years that the Blackhawks have lost an assistant GM to a better gig. For all the talk of how Stan Bowman is the worst executive in sports history and Fat Grandpa is conversely the best, teams seem eager to sign his underlings.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I know that in Kevin Cheveldayoff's case, I certainly marvel at not only his hockey acumen but at his ability to look like Harvey Dent and sound like "Dim" from A Bug's Life when speaking.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I wonder if this will help us get Max Pacioretty. One of those big bodies we could use to offset our general smallness.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I wonder if this will help us get Max Pacioretty. One of those big bodies we could use to offset our general smallness.

Don't count on it... :hockeysmiley:

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

So, two days in a row I'm hearing rumors about Quenneville leaving/getting sent packing from the Blackhawks. Anyone have anything on this longer than 140 characters?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I know the Flames would be first in line to get Quenneville if the Hawks were stupid enough to do that. Same with AV in Vancouver.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived