Houston Astros Concept

BigRed618

I was always a big fan of the Astros' colors from the old days, although no one liked the rainbow jerseys from that same period. With this concept, I hope to come up with something new that still has a vintage look. For now, I just have a primary logo for them:

houprimary2.png

What do you guys think? Any suggestions, comments and critique is appreciated. More logos and unis to come soon. Stay tuned. :)

Took me a while too see the H as well. Try fixing up those lines and places ASTROS somewhere in the logo.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

UPDATE: Made a home uniform...

houhome.png

Includes a wordmark, number font, and cap logo. I'm not too satisfied with this personally, but I'm not sure what to change/add. What are your thoughts?

Also I heard your opinions on the primary/sleeve patch. I'll address these issues as soon as I can. :)

1) On the MLB logo on the back of the neck of the jersey, switch the colors. Blue should be on the left.

2) The stripes on the front of the uniform are too high.

3) Change the font.

4) Put the front number on the right side of the uniform. It's too lopsided right now.

5) Grey belt doesn't make sense to me. Try a blue belt.

6) Sleeve patch is pretty good, but it could be improved.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

1) On the MLB logo on the back of the neck of the jersey, switch the colors. Blue should be on the left.

2) The stripes on the front of the uniform are too high.

3) Change the font.

4) Put the front number on the right side of the uniform. It's too lopsided right now.

5) Grey belt doesn't make sense to me. Try a blue belt.

6) Sleeve patch is pretty good, but it could be improved.

The grey belt was an accident. It will be blue on the next update. Sorry about that. :P

And I'll see about finding a different font.

The primary logo is simply not good.

As a "primary" logo, that's the mark that's going to be used on TV news broadcasts, newspapers, game broadcasts, team letterhead, business cards, etc.

There is nothing about that logo that would make anyone think that it represents the Houston Astros. It might make an OK sleeve patch or tertiary logo (a mark 3rd or 4th down the line in terms of use), but it is not acceptable as a primary logo.

There's no "rule" that primary logos need to spell out the name of the team, or have letters in them, or anything like that, but the Astros are certainly not one of those teams that can simply throw out a design out there and have it be instantly recognized.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like how the rainbow trails the star on the jersey. Though I'm not sure what the primary logo is trying to represent.

The two rainbows are linked by the star in the middle, making an "H." The logo was actually inspired by artwork you see on old video arcade cabinets, especially the space-themed games. It's kinda like what you did with your hockey jerseys a while back.

Archived