Saints-gate Shirts

hawk36

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say this as a proud member of Who Dat Nation: These shirts are stupid. Coach Payton will return to coaching a little less than a year from now, and these shirts will be rendered entirely irrelevant. Local vendors are just using the scandal as a way to make some easy money. Don't blame them for making the shirts though. They're just being capitalists taking advantage of the impetuousness of Saints fans, much as they did with the bootleg shirts made during the Super Bowl season. Besides, it's not as if the Commish is gonna see all these shirts, have a complete change of heart and decide to reduce Coach Payton's punishment.

Geezum.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

This type of thing tends to breed clever design.

really? Then let's see some. :P

That's why I was asking. I like the "Screw Dat". Adversity breeds creativity. I'm just wondering what's out there.

FYI, I was never a Saints fan but am now. I feel the NFL have been total hypocrites on this deal. You know this is going on in all locker rooms from High School up to the NFL. We were rewarded for knocking players out of the game when I played in High School. I seriously doubt my team was unique in this. Punish all or don't punish at all.

Glad this got brought up. I've been doing pretty well with these in my area (North Louisiana) the past six weeks. Yeah this makes me a capitalist. So what? It's also given me the chance to see some incredibly hott women sporting tees,v-necks,tanks,hoodies, trucker hats, and even bikinis that I made. Sales have died down this week as I've expected them to, but they'll pick back up once training camp opens and for the first part of the season. And the real kicker? I'm a Falcons fan. Here's some of my #FreePayton line...enjoy.

Morstead.jpg

The guy on the right is Saints' punter Thomas Morestead.

Hoodie.jpg

Me in the hoodie.

Chassidy.jpg

Chassidy in the women's tank

Renessa1.jpg

Renessa in the women's V-neck

RenessaBikini1-horz-1.jpg

Renessa again in the #FreePayton bikini

Caps.jpg

The #FreePayton trucker hats that sold out almost as soon as I had them made.

Goodell1-1.png

And my Shepard Fairey-inspired "Beware Goodell" men's V-neck

*My apologies for the large pics*

98Falcons.png

How about just "don't lie to the Commissioner".

Is that done in all locker rooms from high school up to the NFL? :rolleyes:

I'm sure it is. A coach/player even in high school would be stupid to admit to a principal that this took place. Of course they'd be suspended, etc. Look at Cole Hammels for the Phillies, looks like he'll be suspended for telling the truth.

Maybe the Saints had it coming, but I just feel everyone is guilty and this should be addressed in public, and the punishments known by the players, owners, public... THEN if someone continues, sure, suspend.

Ha! I never promised a clever design...I can only promise some eye candy

"Hott" women.

So, so classic.

More proof that appealing to the lowest common denominator is always a safe bet.

I'm sure it is. A coach/player even in high school would be stupid to admit to a principal that this took place. Of course they'd be suspended, etc. Look at Cole Hammels for the Phillies, looks like he'll be suspended for telling the truth.

Your assumption is not correct. It's not done in every locker room.

And your defense of not telling the truth is pretty ridiculous. You don't want to be suspended or fired? Lying is not the answer. Punishments are far less severe if you man up and tell the truth. If you deserve to get suspended, then you deserve to get suspended. When you lie, then all bets are off.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Your assumption is not correct. It's not done in every locker room.

And your defense of not telling the truth is pretty ridiculous. You don't want to be suspended or fired? Lying is not the answer. Punishments are far less severe if you man up and tell the truth. If you deserve to get suspended, then you deserve to get suspended. When you lie, then all bets are off.

Agree to disagree then. I find it naive not to think that every NFL team is doing the same behind closed doors. Saints were just dumb/unlucky enough to get caught. For the NFL to single out the Saints is embarrassing. Punish all or don't punish at all. Scapegoats aren't going to fix the real problem.

Archived