Did the Browns wear brown in 1986?

axlrush

Check the White at Home feature on Uni-Watch. You'll be able to find out if they wore white for all home games at the very least.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

As one of the contributors to the White At Home feature, I can tell you that the Browns wore white for all of 1986. In addition, they wore white jerseys for the entire season in the following years:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

As one of the contributors to the White At Home feature, I can tell you that the Browns wore white for all of 1986. In addition, they wore white jerseys for the entire season in the following years:

Not in 1985. They wore brown against the Dolphins in the playoffs.

1986-dolphins-browns.jpg

Or in 1972. I'm 99% positive they wore brown against...you guessed it...the Dolphins in the playoffs. I'll post a picture as soon as I find one.

EDIT: This is the best I could do. It's a screen grab from a YouTube clip (link) but it clearly shows the Browns in brown jerseys against the Dolphins.

Browns197222.jpg

Blue Falcon, all white in 1986 for ALL games, or just the home games?

Thanks!

All of them.

BB52Big.jpg

That was the last game Don Rogers played in too. Funny how I remember that looking at that picture

It was indeed. Twice the Browns were ahead against the Dolphins in the playoffs and twice they let Miami come back and win. They were winning 21-3 at the half in 1985 and 14-13 late in 1972. Typical eh? B)

BB52Big.jpg

Are they wearing white at home this season?

Good question. Hopefully not for the entire season, but a couple home games in white would work. I really like their all white look but I don't like 16 games worth.

BB52Big.jpg

Good question. Hopefully not for the entire season, but a couple home games in white would work. I really like their all white look but I don't like 16 games worth.

This won't ever happen of course, but it would be fun to see the Browns go all brown. Bring back the 2009 brown pants, and team them with the brown jersey.

If no one knows, is there a way to find out? (without me digging into my archives, of course) :-)

Thanks!

(I'm thinking they did not wear brown jerseys at all that year)

Not at home they didnt. 87 either, I believe. Im sure they wore them on the road at times during those seasons, but it wasnt more than once or twice each year. The Browns had some very good "glory" years in the 1960's and they wanted to honor/ emulate that era, thats why they comitted to white at home during that time.

This won't ever happen of course, but it would be fun to see the Browns go all brown. Bring back the 2009 brown pants, and team them with the brown jersey.

Browns are wearing Brown at home for at least 4 games, white for 4 in 2012. I would rather them go with Brown in all 8, but I guess it's cool to switch it up. Also no on brown and orange pants. As much as we like the orange, and I like the brown, the front office doesn't feel the same. Will be white all season...very disappointing.

Still think this looks awesome:

51829252_display_image.jpg

Just update with grey mask and new stipes, we got a winner. Well not on the field, but at least it would look cool.

Not in 1985. They wore brown against the Dolphins in the playoffs.

1986-dolphins-browns.jpg

Or in 1972. I'm 99% positive they wore brown against...you guessed it...the Dolphins in the playoffs. I'll post a picture as soon as I find one.

EDIT: This is the best I could do. It's a screen grab from a YouTube clip (link) but it clearly shows the Browns in brown jerseys against the Dolphins.

Browns197222.jpg

Blue Falcon, all white in 1986 for ALL games, or just the home games?

Thanks!

All of them.

Both of those Miami-playoff games (72 & 85) were not home games but played in Miami.

The Browns have said they will wear Brown at home at least some of the games this coming season, but have not comitted to wearing Brown jerseys for all 8 home games. Likely will wear white for first 4 and Brown for last four.

Personally, I love the white on white look and hope/ wish they would continue it. The 60's and 80's, two of the greatest eras of Browns footbal, were marked by the wearing of white at home. I wish they'd stick with it.

ps. That Metcalf return against the Steelers was, in fact, in 1993. Im also 99% sure that they wore Brown at home in 91 and 92, as well. Opening day in 91 was Belechick's first game in Cleveland and they opened at home against the Cowboys, in Brown jerseys. Its a game that photos and clips of have been frequently used for years. So that info about what years they wore all white at home might not be all accurate.

Both of those Miami-playoff games (72 & 85) were not home games but played in Miami.

Yeah, I know. I remember both games. I watched both games. I remember thinking both times "hey, they're wearing brown!" My post was in response to Blue Falcon saying that the Browns wore white for the entire season in both 1972 and 1985.

As I've already pointed out, that was not the case.

BB52Big.jpg

Browns are wearing Brown at home for at least 4 games, white for 4 in 2012. I would rather them go with Brown in all 8, but I guess it's cool to switch it up. Also no on brown and orange pants. As much as we like the orange, and I like the brown, the front office doesn't feel the same. Will be white all season...very disappointing.

Just update with grey mask and new stipes, we got a winner. Well not on the field, but at least it would look cool.

Leave the white facemask and the stripes as is and it is a winner!

spacer.png

ps. That Metcalf return against the Steelers was, in fact, in 1993. Im also 99% sure that they wore Brown at home in 91 and 92, as well. Opening day in 91 was Belechick's first game in Cleveland and they opened at home against the Cowboys, in Brown jerseys. Its a game that photos and clips of have been frequently used for years. So that info about what years they wore all white at home might not be all accurate.

I was at the Browns - Jets game in 1991 and I'm damn near positive they wore the brown jerseys in that one too. I'm digging through my old pictures. If I can find one, I'll post it.

BB52Big.jpg

Better yet, go back to that completely. The white facemasks were better, the sleeve stripes were better, the shade of brown was better and the brown striped socks were better. I would still prefer the white pants with the brown jerseys, but everything about that set was better than the current one.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived