United States Basketball Alliance

AnthPollock

That is really, REALLY cool! Sharp logo, the colors are my favorite part. They go very well together and really pop. Can't wait to see the uniforms!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Wow, I really really like this. I normally don't follow basketball series' because I don't care for the sport that well. But I do love logos and this one is pretty great. If your following logos are this good, I'll definitely stick around and watch this.

Great work!

We may have the next EBA on our hands. These are simply fantastic.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

We may have the next EBA on our hands. These are simply fantastic.

Amen to that! Fantastic kickoff to the series. Do you have a list of teams?

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Pittsburgh Riverdogs

Brooklyn Kings

Cleveland Comets

New York Emperors

Philadelphia Freedom

Chicago Skyhawks

Cincinnati Conquistadors

St. Louis Stealth

Nashville Vipers

Detroit Drive

Miami Tropics

Jacksonville Tigersharks

Charlotte Flight

Washington(D.C.) Senators

Atlanta Fire

Iowa Impact

Kentucky Racers

Salt Lake City Frostbite

Denver Avalanche

Minnesota Huskies

Phoenix Rattlers

L.A. Earthquakes

Seattle Swarm

Sacramento Surge

Portland Prowlers

Dallas Outlaws

New Orleans Swampgators

Houston Deserthawks

San Antonio Scorpions

Oklahoma City Tornadoes

This logo screams 1990s. Not a bad thing. The colors also have me thinking WNBA. Also not a bad thing. The one thing that you could look into changing is the positioning of the streak behind the ball. You have this somewhat balanced logo with a nice triangle to frame everything, but then the streak behind the ball really leaves the left side overloaded compared to the right. It might just be me, since I like symmetry, but if you brought the streak in to the center of the logo just a little or angled it upward more parallel to the side of the triangle, it might help. Maybe this inbalance doesn't bother others. Other than that, I'm looking forward to the next team.

In general, this is pretty nice. The colors are unusual, but they work. (Also, there are a LOT of colors there. But I do think they all seem to balance as a palette.) I agree with jaha about the balance. I don't think it has to be perfectly symmetrical, but a small shift could help quite a bit.

The only thing that isn't working at all for me is the alternate logo. It seems like an afterthought, and the star-heavy, no-comet look doesn't really fit the identity; there's no motion or dynamism that one associates with comets and that you created in the primary logo.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

How about the name St. Louis Archers rather than the St. Louis Stealth, have it archery themed, works well with the Gateway Arch.

I've always thought that would be a great name.

Also, not feeling Phoenix Rattlers (don't want to think Arena Football). Phoenix Javelinas perhaps? Lots of options there.

Archived