White Sox Road Jerseys

rmackman

This is probably a really stupid thing to care about, but I really don't like the SOX on the sleeve of the White Sox road jerseys. They've always had a really nice look that worked perfectly for them, and for some reason this minor detail makes me feel like it really messes the look up. I'm willing to bet most people barely notice, but anyone else agree?

GOOD:

carlos-quentin.jpg

jake_peavysox.jpg

l114493-1.jpg

BAD:

628x471.jpg

ap-201205181615585582232.jpg

757618.png

758820.png

507_alexei_ramirez_640x360.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown |ย ๐ŸŒย Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sportsย ๐Ÿ”—
spacer.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you, I don't understand what's up with this trend of putting the cap logo on the sleeve. The Marlins, Angels, and Brewers all do it and it looks terribly redundant.

Couldn't agree any more.

The Angels must have the logo on their jerseys at least 5 times. Ok ... I lied, it's 3 times counting the script. The Sox's sleeve patch was unique and different, but I guess they want to be boring like some of the other teams.

I agree with you, I don't understand what's up with this trend of putting the cap logo on the sleeve. The Marlins, Angels, and Brewers all do it and it looks terribly redundant.

That's not the Brewers' cap logo - it's their alt logo.

Ryan-Braun-Brewers.jpg

EDIT: unless you were talking about the alternates?

But I agree - this one minor detail results in a huge downgrade for the White Sox.

I agree wholeheartedly, that's an overkill of their main logo and they have such a great alternate logo.

Geeze, who makes these decisions?

Watched their series on WGN this weekend against the Cubs and can't believe I didn't notice that. What a dumb move.

To me, their all-time best look was when they wore their 1906 throwbacks in 2006.

I wish I had photos, I don't even remember who they played, I would guess the Cubs at home?

I wish I had saved the photos at the time. I was in awe at the whole look.

Anyone have any photos??

pMLB2-2472137dt.jpg

This is probably a really stupid thing to care about, but I really don't like the SOX on the sleeve of the White Sox road jerseys. They've always had a really nice look that worked perfectly for them, and for some reason this minor detail makes me feel like it really messes the look up. I'm willing to bet most people barely notice, but anyone else agree?

Have you noticed what kind of forum you're posting in? Have a look around. You might want to reconsider that bet. B)

ย 

BB52Big.jpg

ย 

ย 

ย 

Thanks 'cmm', you're a (**)

The top one I'd seen before back in 2006, and I think I remember seeing the bottom one.... other than that I really hadn't seen any other of the photos of those uniforms from that game.

Appreciate you posting those, thx again.

That's not the Brewers' cap logo - it's their alt logo.

Ryan-Braun-Brewers.jpg

EDIT: unless you were talking about the alternates?

But I agree - this one minor detail results in a huge downgrade for the White Sox.

I think he was referring to the alternates:

4df2eaf983f10.image.jpg

...which makes sense because when the Brewers originally wore the ball in glove logo the never had a sleeve patch. That being said, they didn't have a "real" alternate logo to put on the jerseys at the time either. There was the M with the state, but it wasn't used as prominently as it is now:

HTS-MLB-MIB-A1970-01.jpg

Have you noticed what kind of forum you're posting in? Have a look around. You might want to reconsider that bet. B)

...by most people I was referring to non-board members.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown |ย ๐ŸŒย Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sportsย ๐Ÿ”—
spacer.png

The thing is the Diamond Sox logo was just a poor logo in the first place, however repeating the primary/cap logo on the sleeve is not a great solution either. I'd rather move the number from the front of the jersey to the sleeve, sorta like the 1959 uni's or update the flying sock logo from that era and place that on the sleeve.

I thought he might have meant have meant the throwbacks after I posted.

I get why they want to put a logo there, but the Brewers don't currently have another logo in their set that would work on that jersey. That state/M logo was jackets-only in the 1970s through early 1990s. There was a version with the ball-in-glove logo replacing the M from 1992-93, but they really never had a secondary logo that would look good on the throwbacks.

All the more reason to bring this fella back:

6188.gif

;)

The Sox old sleeve logo might not have been great, but it's a ton better than repeating the cap logo. The cap logo on the sleeve is one of the only things about their uniforms that I don't like. I think that the White Sox have probably the most underrated uniform set in the league.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The thing is the Diamond Sox logo was just a poor logo in the first place, however repeating the primary/cap logo on the sleeve is not a great solution either. I'd rather move the number from the front of the jersey to the sleeve, sorta like the 1959 uni's or update the flying sock logo from that era and place that on the sleeve.

How is the diamond sox logo no good? It's a white sock. No different than the Red Sox alternate cap logo.

spacer.png

You mean the Red Sox primary logo? :P

I don't like the Chicago version as much as Boston's pair, but still, a white sock on a black diamond looks pretty good to me.

And at least it ensured that every player would wear a white sock in some form during the season; now there are members of the White Sox who never wear white socks. :wacko:

Couldn't agree any more.

The Angels must have the logo on their jerseys at least 5 times. Ok ... I lied, it's 3 times counting the script. The Sox's sleeve patch was unique and different, but I guess they want to be boring like some of the other teams.

We forgot another cap logo on jersey team:

Ethier_9-1-08.jpg

Also these guys...yet I'm okay with it in this case:

carlos-santana-opow-56886.jpg

spacer.png

>>>>>>>>>>

Having the cap logo on the sleeve is probably done for team-apparel sales or team jerseys.

You have the logo without having to buy the cap too.

For some reason it looks like overkill on the White Sox jersey more than any of the others who do it, IMO.

This logo would look better if they redesigned it by having a 2nd white sock shadowing it.

fmxwhl7ths305rlknb3oqb8j8.gif

Archived