2012 CFL Season

NEW.ERA

Yeah, but I like how the Bombers are handling it. Promote from within, it's what gave them Fred Reid, it's what gave them Chris Garrett, maybe Bloi-Dei Dorzon is that next guy. Also I think you pretty much nailed it in the predictions.

Decent import tailbacks are generally not hard to find. I'm pretty confident that Dorzon will do well for the Big Blue, although he is getting close to 30 so he is a short-term solution.

Still, tough break for the Bombers. They have an unusual number of injuries for opening week. Their game vs. BC could get ugly.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway my 2012 CFL predictions:

East

1. Montreal

2. Hamilton

3. Winnipeg

4. Toronto

West

1. B.C.

2. Calgary

3. Saskatchewan

4. Edmonton

Could happen, although I have learned the hard way to never count out the Eskimos until they are out.

they could finish ahead of the Riders--even without Ray...

I hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I don't think too many people were expecting Sask. to stick it to the Ti-Cats the way they did. Quite an upset to the extent that you can have a huge upset in week 1.

Conversely, I don't think too many people were terribly surprised by BC's manhandling of the Blue Bombers.

The Bombers were within striking distance at the start of the 4th quarter, then whole bottom fell out. They weren't stopping Geroy, and they weren't stopping the Lions on this particular night. Also, Alex Brink is the new starter, I don't care what's said, Pierce's inability to score points, and stay healthy are really getting to all Bomber fans.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I know its only one game but yesterday the Offensive Line was terrible. Buck was sacked 4 times in the first half and he's the most fragile QB ive ever seen. And i agree with NEW.ERA Brink is better than Buck and he dosen't get hurt as much as Buck does. The defense though, was decent even without half of last years starters.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

Nice little presentation for Ricky Ray in the game tonight. Remains to be seen whether or not this offense will click in the first game.

I know its only one game but yesterday the Offensive Line was terrible. Buck was sacked 4 times in the first half and he's the most fragile QB ive ever seen. And i agree with NEW.ERA Brink is better than Buck and he dosen't get hurt as much as Buck does. The defense though, was decent even without half of last years starters.

I agree the offensive line wasn't at it's best, but this was seen from a mile away. I believe the entire starting 5 was Canadian, including their 1st round pick from this years CFL draft Paul Swiston. Playing without January and Douglas hurt, and especially with LaBatte, and Khan gone now.

I still think it'll be a very solid line in a few years.

Wow, 3 games so far and all the West Division teams won.

not what most people expected, but it's only week one.

Still Here's to the Stamps making it a Western sweep...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Wow, 3 games so far and all the West Division teams won.

not what most people expected, but it's only week one.

Still Here's to the Stamps making it a Western sweep...

Oh boy did the Stamps ever make it a big time western sweep. 38-10 over the Alouettes is pretty eye popping.

Tough luck for my Blue Bombers but to repeat what everyone else is saying, it's only week one.

Looks like the Alouettes' revamped defence isn't clicking quite yet. Not completely sold on Drew Tate as a starter just yet, either, but if that means he has to lean on Jon Cornish quite a bit, I'm OK with that.

I didn't watch much of the Stamps/Als game. But I do get the vibe of old as the hills for the Als.

They didn't look like they had it together, and when they did the Stamps stopped them.

Calvillo overthrew, receivers looked like they missed patterns and the defense was confused at times.

But the Stamps defense looked solid and hungry.

The offense looked like they had it together.

Let's see how the rematch in two weeks goes, but first the Argos...

Drew Tate looks like he broke his wrist. Calgary better hope Glenn still can play like he has in the past.

Hope Tate is okay.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

Glenn in Calgary, Ray in Toronto, and Burris in Hamilton. :shocked:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Riders have a pass rush again... Basically shut out the Eskies... Just wish the offense would have been firing like they did vs Ti-cats

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Up until the last 6 minutes it was easily the worst CFL game I have ever watched. Still pretty bad. Riders look primed, but the Esks don't leave much for the imagination.

Up until the last 6 minutes it was easily the worst CFL game I have ever watched. Still pretty bad. Riders look primed, but the Esks don't leave much for the imagination.

Best thing about it was the Eskies lost--now if only the Riders could have lost too...

Hopefully the next 4-6 weeks go by smoothly for the Stamps and Tate is back soon.

Well, so far in week 3 we've seen games at the two opposite ends of the spectrum... Montreal came back to put up 2 TDs in the last 2 minutes and change to beat Calgary in a thriller, while Edmonton ran up a 35-0 halftime lead over Winnipeg and never looked back.

Loan bright spot for the Bombers Chris Matthews, doesn't matter who is throwing to him, he steps up. But an 0-3 team has many faults, I really thought they were starting to come together last week, only for it to fall apart this week.

Defensive pressure, started to come through late last night, but their should be a hell of a lot more of it. Yeah I get losing Phil Hunt, and then Odell Willis, but come on where is Jason Vega, Kenny Mainor, Alex Hunt! Offensive line, very young, and quite unstable, which is probably the main catalyst in Quarterback inefficiency, but Buck Pierce getting hurt again, then Brink. Could be Joey Elliot's team, for the near future.

Archived