Lycan38's NHL - Senators Added

Lycan38

Alright, I have another"fix".

Tampa Bay Lightning

TBLightning2.png

I really don't care for Tampa Bay's current look. So, I attempted to fix them. The design really isn't too original, its based off their original sweaters. Decided to go with the trend of simple colors and dropped black. Personally, I think blue and silver fits them perfectly. Black has always felt forced, to me. Well, that is it...let me know what you think of this look for the team.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That shade of blue has a bit of navy in it, from my computer screen. I don't know if it's just me, or was the shade meant to be darkened?

The lightning bolt seems to be somewhat disconnected to the rest of the logo. I know you did a hybrid of the current circle, and the 07-11 bolt, but I think extra tweaking is needed for both elements to work together. The circular shape has a lot of dimension, the lightning bolt is flat. They should both have the same amount of depth.

Also as a minor nitpick, I not too crazy about those bottom silver stripes. But that's just me. It's not a bad concept! ;)

That shade of blue has a bit of navy in it, from my computer screen. I don't know if it's just me, or was the shade meant to be darkened?

The lightning bolt seems to be somewhat disconnected to the rest of the logo. I know you did a hybrid of the current circle, and the 07-11 bolt, but I think extra tweaking is needed for both elements to work together. The circular shape has a lot of dimension, the lightning bolt is flat. They should both have the same amount of depth.

Also as a minor nitpick, I not too crazy about those bottom silver stripes. But that's just me. It's not a bad concept! ;)

Thanks for the feedback. At this point I am really happy with the concept as it is. I may (in the future) revisit it.

Buffalo Sabres

BUFSabres3.png

Had this on the back burner for some time. Finally got a chance to finish it. The primary look is a combination of the past and present. Dropped all of what I really don't like about their current set. Less silver appears on the primary design. Brought back multiple sock stripes, which was apart of the team's original set. For the alternate, first I have to say the teams new third is exactly what I thought it would be. That is something that needs to set aflame. So, I wanted to give the team something that fits the team. Stayed with gold/yellow for the primary color. Went with a just sleeve stripes for (similar to the Sharks and Coyotes). Overall, I am really happy with the set. That sums everything up. Feel free to comment.

*bump*An

Any thoughts on the Sabres?

Chicago Blackhawks (Stadium Series)

CHIBlackhawksSS.png

This design really isn't brand new. I did a Blackhawks concept some time ago but took the alternate I had done and refined it. Its inspired by the old barberpole sweaters from the late 30s to mid 50s. I am considering doing a concept for each team in the Stadium Series and Heritage Classic. So, keep an eye out in the future for them.

Chicago: A+ Don't change a thing.

Buffalo: A- The home and road are perfect. I think that the alternate should have hem stripes, and I would make the stripes blue. I think that you may not even need to include white on the uniform other than the logo.

Tampa: A I really like this one. There is only one change I would make here. I would put a thin black line between the silver and white on the uniform.

Buffalo: A- The home and road are perfect. I think that the alternate should have hem stripes, and I would make the stripes blue. I think that you may not even need to include white on the uniform other than the logo.

Tampa: A I really like this one. There is only one change I would make here. I would put a thin black line between the silver and white on the uniform.

Thanks for the feedback.

San Jose Sharks

SJSharks1.png

I'm not really impressed with the Sharks new sweaters. So, this is my fix of their look. The primary set is inspired by the current black third. The third's design is inspired by the black sweater from 2001-2007. That covers it what I have to say about the concept. As always I appreciate whatever feedback you have on any concept I've done.

Thanks for the feedback.

San Jose Sharks

SJSharks1.png

I'm not really impressed with the Sharks new sweaters. So, this is my fix of their look. The primary set is inspired by the current black third. The third's design is inspired by the black sweater from 2001-2007. That covers it what I have to say about the concept. As always I appreciate whatever feedback you have on any concept I've done.

That is exactly what the Sharks should be wearing. It's perfect. If you wanted to, you could try the alternate striping on the home/road to see how it looks, but you don't need to. A+

Lightning: Not a bad concept, the addition of another color in silver is a good choice. I realize with the logo you're trying to go more with the previous bolt designs meshed with the current one... It doesn't look bad, but it looks better on the white than on the colored jersey... Maybe if the logo had a light circle on the home, and a dark bolt on the road like in the current jersey? I know you're trying to change it up, but that's actually an element that works for their current set. 7.5/10

Sabres: Nice set, I wonder if having the jersey stripes matching the sock stripes might look a little bit more unique for the home and aways. Clean and good looking though. Alt looks way better, that sort of simplicity is exactly what they should have gone for. 8/10

Chicago: Hawks may be my teams' rival, but they always have a fine look. This is a nice addition to that. Good work. Only thing I might suggest would be a pant stripe more similar to the jersey stripes, but that's pretty minor. 9.5/10

Sharks: Good set, much better than what they have now. Only thought would be to have a colored collar on the home, either white or black. It just looks a little jarring not having one in contrast to the away and alt. Good choice on changing the secondary logos as well. 9/10

Thanks for the feedback.

San Jose Sharks

SJSharks1.png

I think we all know why the Sharks claim to have gotten rid of the waist stripes, but I don't think any of us really believe it to be true. The real reason was to move towards similarity with their black thirds. I actually think their new set is much cleaner than the previous set, but yes they need some kind of waist striping and the one accent trim of orange is not needed, they need to remove that asap.

In regards to your concept - it's awesome.

I still would love the sharks to return to a gray or silver of some sort to replace the orange, at least on the sweater and uniform. They also need to lighten that Pacific Teal a bit more. If I were the owner, I'd make the colors: Pacific Teal, Black and Shimmering Gray.

Not bad... for some reason I feel like this design might stand out more with their athletic gold. I usually prefer the vegas, but maybe breaking out the old gold works for a throwback like this?

Nice and clean, solid design though. 9/10

...looking forward to seeing the rest of your Stadium Series designs.

Alright folks, got something new to share.

Los Angeles Kings

LAKings3.png

Took another stab at making the Kings look better. I took inspiration for the home/road from their pre-Edge design. Just refined it some, the third is a merge of the early 90s with their first look in the Edge system. Really, don't have much more to say about the concept. Feel free (as always) to provide some feedback.

Archived