Team USA Olympic Games Opening Ceremony uniforms revealed

RevNet

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An athletic jacket with a shirt and tie on under it makes me immediately think of Joe Paterno.

Which is unfortunate because if not for the tarnishing due to association, it's an excellent look.

In the overreactive society we live in, I'm surprised we haven't banned that look.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Did the women's basketball uniforms ever have the different color back on the shorts like the men, or were theirs always normal? Because they're normal for the game now against Croatia. If they were different for the friendlies, it leaves hope that maybe the guys will wear normal for the Olympics... a little hope, at least.

Did the women's basketball uniforms ever have the different color back on the shorts like the men, or were theirs always normal? Because they're normal for the game now against Croatia. If they were different for the friendlies, it leaves hope that maybe the guys will wear normal for the Olympics... a little hope, at least.

Women were just like the men for friendlies. Just red trim/back on homes. I really hope they did change them because they looked like crap. Even if all they did was replace the shorts the improvement is vast.

Note: Now all Nike teams are using the same template. USA and Canada are almost twins except for word marks and black instead of navy blue.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

And the berets are...hideous.

kevin-durant-carmelo-anthony-berets.jpg

They look better when worn properly. Bad example.

Actually that's the perfect example. Why? Because no one in this country knows how to wear a beret - because no one in this country wears berets!

Just give them nice ballcap and be done with it. Hell, you might even sell a few.

This one would have been perfect...

G85JM52AXRRQDHG8BGCF_250.jpg

Classy, and something that people actually would wear. And guess who makes it? Ralph Lauren! So close...

Anubis.png

Pau and Kobe...

388171_10151132080332037_1560846891_n.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Actually that's the perfect example. Why? Because no one in this country knows how to wear a beret - because no one in this country wears berets!

Just give them nice ballcap and be done with it. Hell, you might even sell a few.

Classy, and something that people actually would wear. And guess who makes it? Ralph Lauren! So close...

You don't wear ballcaps with blazers. Going without any headwear would have been perfectly fine.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

You don't wear ballcaps with blazers. Going without any headwear would have been perfectly fine.

Since when? I see it all the time here in NY

Anubis.png

Since when? I see it all the time here in NY

Lol I can't tell if you're serious or not. Why the hell would anyone wear a baseball cap with a suit jacket, let alone a freaking double-breasted one?

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Interesting to see the split during the athletes parade. There was a good mix of countries wearing blazers and ties, track suits and in some cases, ethnic costume.

Track suits belong in the athletes village and at the venues. They generally look out of place at an opening ceremony. That's why Team USA looked really good, beret or no beret.

Ballcaps, on the other hand, would have looked completely dumb with blazers. It just isn't done and anyone who actually does it should buy a clue.

I think I would have preferred what they have been wearing at the podium at the opening ceremonies. It's not as dressy but this is a sporting event so why not look sporty? I think maybe this would have looked good with the white ball cap.

OLYMPICS-2012.jpg

Olympics+Day+2+Diving+zvjSbiZEtkIl.jpg

Olympics+Day+2+Swimming+hImiEnLZZhdl.jpg

Archived