Michigan Announces One-Use Jersey For Opening Game

Michigan Announces One-Use Jersey For Opening Game Against Alabama-link to news.sportslogos.net-

When the Wolverines take the field in Arlington Texas, in the supersized Cowboys Stadium to take on Alabama in their opening game. They will be wearing special jerseys. Seen above, the traditional white is now shoulder-capped with maize, which in pinstriped in blue. The block M is in navy on the shoulders and on the hip of their pants.

Click link above to read more and comment.

Not bad. I honestly don't mind Michigan getting experimental with their road looks since they've always done that to some extent, as long as they stop mucking up the homes.

For what they are, a one off, they're good. However, I really wish they would pick something and stick to it. As a Michigan fan, it's strange to see them in a bunch of different uniforms. It's Michigan, they're only supposed to have two uniforms. :P

For what they are, a one off, they're good. However, I really wish they would pick something and stick to it. As a Michigan fan, it's strange to see them in a bunch of different uniforms. It's Michigan, they're only supposed to have two uniforms. :P

Agreed!

As long as their traditional home uniforms are untouched. I really don't care if they go Oregon for their away unis

I do. Michigan is a school and team built around as much or more traditon then any other school. It's something the university and team pride themselves on. The constant messing with the away uniform kind of goes against that. Having five different away uniforms (counting the non tusk jerseys) and two home uniforms (so far) in two seasons is not what a traditional program should be doing. I understand that they make money and I don't blame Adidas. I just wish someone in charge at Michigan would step in and say enough. To be honest, I loved every uniform they wore last year and like these new ones. The night game and Michigan State uniforms were awesome. Sure it is fun to see what Adidas comes up with, but I have mixed feelings about Michigan doing this becuase they take so much pride in their tradition.

But yet every two-five years they have been changing up their away uniforms. I really don't have a problem with the team doing one time uniforms for the away. When I think tradition I think their traditional blue uniforms with maize numbers, with their winged helmets. As long as they keep the tradition alive that is what I think is acceptable. Yes they will tinker with the away uniforms for this season and officially stick with one and really have no problem with it.

But yet every two-five years they have been changing up their away uniforms. I really don't have a problem with the team doing one time uniforms for the away. When I think tradition I think their traditional blue uniforms with maize numbers, with their winged helmets. As long as they keep the tradition alive that is what I think is acceptable. Yes they will tinker with the away uniforms for this season and officially stick with one and really have no problem with it.

And I've thought for years that they should stick to one away uniform and stop changing every few years. It kind of contradicts what the the school claims to be about. The white jersey has no tradition and I guess thats what justifies this. Personally, I just want them to stick to something. The "tusk" uniform is not the answer so I guess they do need something new. To me, it just doesn't feel right to see Michigan with all of these alternates. But if they feel like they need the alternates then I glad they are at least coming up with these uniforms that I do kind of like.

I agree with most of you. I love all of the jerseys of the last two years. As a Michigan fan though, I don't really like them tinkering with it so often. The team and the fans pride ourselves on the tradition. The Notre Dame game was fine and so was the Sugar Bowl. They just need to settle on one, preferably the Sugar Bowl ones.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

I agree with most of you. I love all of the jerseys of the last two years. As a Michigan fan though, I don't really like them tinkering with it so often. The team and the fans pride ourselves on the tradition. The Notre Dame game was fine and so was the Sugar Bowl. They just need to settle on one, preferably the Sugar Bowl ones.

I think most people would be okay with going to the Sugar Bowl uniforms. This is a pretty good look for them:

Denard+Robinson+Allstate+Sugar+Bowl+Michigan+vmIs3CP1zkel.jpg

I may add a maize outline to the stripes and that might be perfect. I could live without the outline too. It's a good look.

Even this looks good:

denard-robinson-adidas-michigan-football-uniforms-2.jpg

I just don't like the white pants full time.

The Sugar Bowl uniforms are okay, but I don't like the M logo on the breast and the numbers are too thin. Also, Michigan should not use gray facemasks or numbers on the side of their helmets.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Michigan Announces One-Use Jersey For Opening Game Against Alabama-link to news.sportslogos.net-

When the Wolverines take the field in Arlington Texas, in the supersized Cowboys Stadium to take on Alabama in their opening game. They will be wearing special jerseys. Seen above, the traditional white is now shoulder-capped with maize, which in pinstriped in blue. The block M is in navy on the shoulders and on the hip of their pants.

Pinstriped? I think that's piping.

Michigan-Wolverines-Commemorative-Cowboys-Classic-Alabama-570x309.jpeg

Pinstriped? I think that's piping.

Michigan-Wolverines-Commemorative-Cowboys-Classic-Alabama-570x309.jpeg

Not pinstriping as in a gangster suit, or the Yankees. More like the hand-painted trim on a custom car or motorcycle, which is also called pinstriping.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived