2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Pretty sure Kapernick has replaced Tebow was the NFL's most overrated quarterback.

I....what? Tebow being called a "quarterback" is in and of itself an insult to quarterbacks around the league. How is Kaepernick more overrated?

Kapernick has taken the crown from Tebow simply because Tebow's career as an NFL QB is done. Remember? Rex killed it.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure Kapernick has replaced Tebow was the NFL's most overrated quarterback.

I....what? Tebow being called a "quarterback" is in and of itself an insult to quarterbacks around the league. How is Kaepernick more overrated?

Kapernick has taken the crown from Tebow simply because Tebow's career as an NFL QB is done. Remember? Rex killed it.

I would say Tebow is still the most overrated if only for the fact that Sanchez is playing so badly. It's the NFL's version of hanging-out-with-an-ugly-girl-to-look-better-by-comparison. :P

Let me see if I've got all this straight...

Even though he's played all of three games, Colin Kaepernick is the most overrated QB in football.

Lights Out thinks the 49ers QB situation is bad because Utah switched conferences and Kaepernick's Nevada team beat Boise State a couple years ago.

Despite the fact that the Rams played the 49ers tough in San Francisco, with Alex Smith at QB, we're postive that had Smith played today, the 49ers would have easily won this game.

Does that about sum it up?

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Despite the fact that the Rams played the 49ers tough in San Francisco, with Alex Smith at QB, we're postive that had Smith played today, the 49ers would have easily won this game.

To be fair, the Mighty Ostrich did contribute directly to much of the Rams' scoring today.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So explain to me how that Heath Miller touchdown is actually a touchdown. He knocked over the pylon and the entirety of the pylon is out of bounds. How is this not exactly same to catching the ball with a foot on the sideline and thus not be a touchdown?

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

So explain to me how that Heath Miller touchdown is actually a touchdown. He knocked over the pylon and the entirety of the pylon is out of bounds. How is this not exactly same to catching the ball with a foot on the sideline and thus not be a touchdown?

He caught the ball, ran, dove, His feet didn't hit the ground and the ball broke the plane of the goal line.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Isn't the pylon considered part of the endzone?

He caught the ball, ran, dove, His feet didn't hit the ground and the ball broke the plane of the goal line.

He poked the pylon down. And the entirety of the pylon sits on the sideline which is out of bounds. I suppose the NFL may have a rule that the pylon is considered part of the endzone, but if that's the case, why? It sits completely in the out of bounds area.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

He poked the pylon down. And the entirety of the pylon sits on the sideline which is out of bounds. I suppose the NFL may have a rule that the pylon is considered part of the endzone, but if that's the case, why? It sits completely in the out of bounds area.

That doesn't matter.

The plane of the goal line extends to infinity horizontally and vertically. The ball can be held out of bounds as long as it breaks that plane. And on that play, it broke the plane by touching the pylon. Touchdown.

But did he land on the pylon? A player's body can be partially out of bounds and he still score, based on where the ball is.

He was diving and falling out of bounds and the ball hit the pylon before his feet touched down out of bounds.

That doesn't matter.

The plane of the goal line extends to infinity horizontally and vertically. The ball can be held out of bounds as long as it breaks that plane. And on that play, it broke the plane by touching the pylon. Touchdown.

I was under the impression that they changed that rule this year. So the endzone is more like a box in which the ball must touch in order to score. I thought Heath touched the inside of the pylon which would mean he scored a touchdown.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I definitely wanted to see another tie. That what I was rooting for.

The Bengals looked bad today and still won. I'm not used to that. Could've used some help from the Lions and Ravens, though. Thanks for nothing guys.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Jesus, these two teams are terrible. The Cowboys defense is awful, but that's expected with the injuries they've had.

Only good things will happen for the Cowboys because of this game. Garrett could be fired if Dallas loses to the hapless Eagles and if we win, we're still in the hunt.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived