2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

it seems the league really wants more games in one fashion or another--which doesn't exactly jive all that well with the push for player safety.

Of course it does - if they want to add more games, they need to find a way to make the sport safer.

No contradiction there at all.

Only in your world, Goth. Only in your world. :D

What in the world happened to the Bucs today? I'm not complaining but wow. Freeman's stats: 9 of 20 for 100 yards and 3 INT.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, maybe the sputtering offense still has something to do with their recently fired OC.

Then they shouldn't have fired him. Five 3-and-outs today, and a 31-3 deficit at home. Baltimore hasn't been thumped like this at home since Billick's final season.

Sadly, make it six :unsure:

We didn't even show up today.

baltimoreravens.png

Hmm, maybe the sputtering offense still has something to do with their recently fired OC.

Then they shouldn't have fired him. Five 3-and-outs today, and a 31-3 deficit at home. Baltimore hasn't been thumped like this at home since Billick's final season.

Firing Cameron was not the problem.

Replacing him with a coach who has never called plays at the NFL level (Jim Caldwell) is.

I dunno. Firing the OC with three weeks left in the season reeks of being a panic move, and a 9-4 team with a two game division lead has no reason to panic. I understand Ray Rice wasn't getting the touches he needed, but Caldwell has never been on a team that emphasized the running game anyway.

Meanwhile, if the Redskins hold on, they'll be in 1st place in the NFC East, which was inconceivable five weeks ago.

spacer.png

Packers need to call their old boy Ryan Longwell. Crosby is a piss off!

Eh, it really doesn't matter at this point for this game. Bears couldn't score if they started each drive at the Packers 5.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I dunno. Firing the OC with three weeks left in the season reeks of being a panic move, and a 9-4 team with a two game division lead has no reason to panic. I understand Ray Rice wasn't getting the touches he needed, but Caldwell has never been on a team that emphasized the running game anyway.

Meanwhile, if the Redskins hold on, they'll be in 1st place in the NFC East, which was inconceivable five weeks ago.

In addition, I don't think that the Ravens D is at all healthy, which compounds today's struggles even further than a coaching change.

Worth considering is that we're slipping away from the allegedly great Parity Era of the NFL. In a league where the Steelers are competitive every year, the Ravens seem to be too, the Packers are some sort of football hydra, and the Patriots have been hanging 60 points every week for like six years, 7 seeds just might be the confounding variable we need to shake things up a little bit if we still care about that Any Given Sunday hooey.

The irony of all this parity talk of the past decade is how only 3 teams have won the AFC since 2003.

Also SUPER SHOWDOWN SUNDAY has no one possession games. Thanks for all that hype..

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Tampa just totally falling apart today; I know the pass defense is bad, but throwing 2 INTs in the red zone (of your total 4 so far) is unacceptable. Not only do I not like Josh Freeman as a QB, I do not like his crybaby attitude. After an incompletion, he either has a total look of confusion on his face OR he looks disgusted and quickly snaps off his chin strap...because it is never Freeman's fault. What a bum.

On that same note, Rafael Bush of the Saints got his first INT of his career today off of Freeman. Rafael and I played in high school together and I was his fullback. Kid has fought his way up and seems he could be a big steal (or nice pawn) for the Saints in the future.

The Bears offense is completely incompetent. It's impossible to believe that they could add Brandon Marshall, and still be a bottom-five offense in the NFL.

That's what happens when you have no offensive line, no tight ends, a rookie fullback/tight end thing, a running back who refuses to initiate contact, a worthless Devin Hester, an injured Alshon Jeffery, Mike Tice as your offensive coordinator, and a lame duck Lovie Smith as your head coach.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The refs ****ed the bears. Pass interference on Conte thrown from the other side of the field? Peppers "late hit" on what would be an incomplete 3rd down?

(but to be fair, the Bears played like ****. Hayden can't cover to save his life and Alshon kept screwing up. And Tice made horrible play calls ex. the 1st and goal situation)

Tampa just totally falling apart today; I know the pass defense is bad, but throwing 2 INTs in the red zone (of your total 4 so far) is unacceptable. Not only do I not like Josh Freeman as a QB, I do not like his crybaby attitude. After an incompletion, he either has a total look of confusion on his face OR he looks disgusted and quickly snaps off his chin strap...because it is never Freeman's fault. What a bum.

On that same note, Rafael Bush of the Saints got his first INT of his career today off of Freeman. Rafael and I played in high school together and I was his fullback. Kid has fought his way up and seems he could be a big steal (or nice pawn) for the Saints in the future.

Keep in mind when he threw those picks as well - when it was 7-0, and 10-0. Those picks took anywhere from 6 to 14 points off the board. And, in the process, took his team right out of the game.

I know the playoffs were out after last week, but this was an unprofessional performance today. Sickening.

spacer.png

The refs ****ed the bears. Pass interference on Conte thrown from the other side of the field? Peppers "late hit" on what would be an incomplete 3rd down?

(but to be fair, the Bears played like ****. Hayden can't cover to save his life and Alshon kept screwing up. And Tice made horrible play calls ex. the 1st and goal situation)

The Bears :censored: ed the Bears, and have been for weeks.

twitter

Archived