2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Lucks QB rating and interceptions take him out of the running for the ROY. That makes it a two way competion between Griffin and Wilson. Right now I would give the edge to RG3 cause of his higher QB rating but if Wilson breaks Mannings record for TD passes by a rookie you have to give him the award.

QB Rating is one of the dumbest and most overrated stats around; most people couldn't even tell you how QB Rating is calculated without looking it up.

ESPN's QBR (which is feel is a more accurate ratings system) has Andrew Luck ranked 13th, above the likes of Roethlisberger, Stafford and Dalton. http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

But in the end, the biggest quarterback stat is WINS.

Russell Wilson has the same amount of wins as Luck, and has a much better stat line.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucks QB rating and interceptions take him out of the running for the ROY. That makes it a two way competion between Griffin and Wilson. Right now I would give the edge to RG3 cause of his higher QB rating but if Wilson breaks Mannings record for TD passes by a rookie you have to give him the award.

QB Rating is one of the dumbest and most overrated stats around; most people couldn't even tell you how QB Rating is calculated without looking it up.

ESPN's QBR (which is feel is a more accurate ratings system) has Andrew Luck ranked 13th, above the likes of Roethlisberger, Stafford and Dalton. http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Russell Wilson has the same amount of wins as Luck, and has a much better stat line.

Wilson's also higher than Luck on the QBR -- What's your point?

My ROY voting goes as follows: 1) Griffin. 1a) Wilson. 3) Luck.

Wilson still has a chance to surpass RG3. It all comes down to what happens in their games next Sunday. Whoever plays best probably gets it. Great season, but Luck is out of the running, regardless of what he does Week 17.

6uXNWAo.png

Russell Wilson was inheriting a much better team.

The general consensus was that the Colts winning 5-6 games would be considered a MASSIVE success. The Seahawks were further along and have done an excellent job in the draft the past couple of years.

There's also the little thing about Pete Carroll not being diagnosed with cancer three games into the season. Bruce Arians, Reggie Wayne, and Andrew Luck deserve a lot of credit for rounding that team together and keeping them going.

spacer.png

IMO, the Colts turnaround is 80% Bruce Arians. While the Colts are now playing with heart, they are also winning games since Arians took over. The guy knows football and team has responded to his knowledge and his leadership. I'd like to see him get a head coaching job of his own next season. He totally deserves it.

It'll be interesting to see how the Colts do from here on out now that Chuck Pagano is back. I'm not expecting them to do much in the playoffs, especially since it looks like they'll be drawing New England in the first round. But they've been on such a roll with Arians. It seems as if having Pagano back could break what doesn't need fixing. But of course, it is the right thing to do.

6uXNWAo.png

Wilson's also higher than Luck on the QBR -- What's your point?

My ROY voting goes as follows: 1) Griffin. 1a) Wilson. 3) Luck.

Wilson still has a chance to surpass RG3. It all comes down to what happens in their games next Sunday. Whoever plays best probably gets it. Great season, but Luck is out of the running, regardless of what he does Week 17.

QBR is an irrelevant stat that was made up by ESPN. Passer Rating is what you should look at.

Russell Wilson was inheriting a much better team.

The general consensus was that the Colts winning 5-6 games would be considered a MASSIVE success. The Seahawks were further along and have done an excellent job in the draft the past couple of years.

There's also the little thing about Pete Carroll not being diagnosed with cancer three games into the season. Bruce Arians, Reggie Wayne, and Andrew Luck deserve a lot of credit for rounding that team together and keeping them going.

The Colts have beaten two teams with a winning record this year. That's why they have 10 wins.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

My only desires going into this year's superbowl were that the following teams would have no part of it:

• Packers
  • Steelers
  • Giants
  • Patriots

Thankfully that list has been virtually halved, and looking at the playoff tree as it stands, I'm hoping to see either the Falcons/Seahawks represent the AFC and the Texans/Bengals the AFC.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Their schedule is a cakewalk on paper, at least. 8 wins, maybe 9, 50/50 chance they still fire Lovie with 9 and no playoffs, 8 or fewer and he's gone for sure.

I was so close!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Normally I'd agree with your assessment of NFC East-love, but GB-MN is the highest rated MNF game of all time, from a few years back, so the audience is there for ratings.

You're really gonna try fooling us with that stat? The Packers-Vikings game you're talking about was a "once in a lifetime" game where Brett played the Pack for the first time. C'mon now, Josh. You can do better than this.

I'm not trying to insinuate that it would be the same type of rating, obviously that was a weird situation, all I'm trying to say is that the potential audience is there, and that I imagine its one of the higher rated rivalries out there. I'm too lazy to follow up on that stat, but c'mon, Vikes-pack? Playoffs and seeding on the line? That's good football.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

ESPN's QBR (which is feel is a more accurate ratings system)

Really? Really? [/The Miz]

The ESPN QBR is one if this most unnecessary, needlessly complicated "stats" out there. A clear symptom of ESPN's over-grown sense of self importance.

All 6 AFC playoff spots have been locked up, but here's the scenarios for seeding:

Bengals are locked into the 6th seed and the Colts are locked into the 5th seed.

Remaining games:

Bengals host Ravens

Patriots host Dolphins

Texans at Colts

Broncos host Chiefs

Possible outcomes:

*If Ravens beats Bengals, and Patriots lose: (6) Bengals at (3) Ravens.

*If Broncos and Patriots win, and Texans lose: (6) Bengals at (3) Texans.

*If Broncos lose and Patriots wins: (6) Bengals at (3) Broncos.

*Any other combination: (6) Bengals at (3) Patriots.

*Baltimore can't do better than 3 seed.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That was the sweetest victory I've experienced as a Bengals fan since 2009 when they beat Pittsburgh twice. Beating the Steelers is always great, but to do it while clinching a playoff spot AND eliminating them from the playoffs is almost too much. It's a dream scenario. I almost don't care what happens from here on out because today was so awesome.

The Bengals never win that kind of game. The Steelers always do. The offense was not good. Actually, they were bad, but the defense was great.

What a great day.

Who freaking Dey!

Funny how all my Steeler fan friends are suddenly quiet.

All 6 AFC playoff spots have been locked up, but here's the scenarios for seeding:

Bengals are locked into the 6th seed and the Colts are locked into the 5th seed.

Remaining games:

Bengals host Ravens

Patriots host Dolphins

Texans at Colts

Broncos host Chiefs

Possible outcomes:

As a Bengals fan, do you care if they win?

There was a segment on Sunday Countdown yesterday about an ex-Bengals fan who "sold" his allegiances on eBay, and a Steelers fan purchased it for $510.00. This happened after the 2010 season, so he has not had the joy of being able to watch Steelers greatness in its fullest form, yet.

If for just one day, I'm sure he was kicking himself yesterday, and receiving a ton of crap from his family.

---

Houston better be careful this week. The Colts have nothing at stake, being locked in at #5. But they have never lost at home to the Texans, there's the Pagano returning factor that should provide a boost, and they are playing their worst football at the worst time. The Broncos and Patriots are going to win their games - that is about as much of a lock as there is in next weeks games. A Houston loss would send them down from the #1 seed, all the way to #3. That's just crazy to think about. It also would open up the rather-predictable possibility of Brady and Peyton facing off in yet another AFC Championship Game.

spacer.png

The Colts have beaten two teams with a winning record this year. That's why they have 10 wins.

Well, yeah, playing the AFC West, and Tennessee and Jacksonville (twice!) helps inflate the win column. Of course it also does for Houston, Denver (duh!), and *scans NFL schedules*, well Atlanta and the rest of the NFC South (no wonder Carolina's been looking frisky as of late!) NFC North teams get free wins against Jacksonville and Tennessee.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Remaining games:

Bengals host Ravens

Patriots host Dolphins

Texans at Colts

Broncos host Chiefs

Possible outcomes:

Obviously I do. I can't remember their last playoff win. But, the way they clinched their spot in the playoffs was about the best possible way it could have happened so If they lose in the first round, which I'll admit is likely, then I won't be completely upset about it. They already gave me a great moment yesterday.

Now, with the way their defense is playing I think they have a shot at knocking off anyone in the AFC.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That was the sweetest victory I've experienced as a Bengals fan since 2009 when they beat Pittsburgh twice. Beating the Steelers is always great, but to do it while clinching a playoff spot AND eliminating them from the playoffs is almost too much. It's a dream scenario. I almost don't care what happens from here on out because today was so awesome.

The Bengals never win that kind of game. The Steelers always do. The offense was not good. Actually, they were bad, but the defense was great.

What a great day.

Who freaking Dey!

Funny how all my Steeler fan friends are suddenly quiet.

As I mentioned earlier I went to my uncle's house for our family Christmas get together immediately following the game. Theyre all steeler fans for some reason. Watching people who aren't used to dealing with losing deal with losing a game that they ALWAYS win was awesome. I didn't even say anything or rub it in. I just sat there and smiled and soaked it all in because they have been real a-holes to me about my football allegiance in the past. It was hilarious. They all want Tomlin fired and they all want to lose to Cleveland so they can get a slightly better draft pick, by the way.

And my facebook newsfeed was notably absent of Steeler fans.

Yesterday was perfect.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Ok, so last week I was not the most optimistic about the Vikings chances to make the playoffs. After this win against Houston, I am starting to realize that Minnesota could actually make the playoffs this year. Next week's game will be the most important Vikings-Packers game since the 2004-05 playoffs. What is even better is that they would likely face Green Bay in the Wild Card Round at Lambeau if they were to win on Sunday.

I know Minnesota can still make it in with a loss next week, but I'm not even going to think about that. Win and we're in.

Remaining games:

Bengals host Ravens

Patriots host Dolphins

Texans at Colts

Broncos host Chiefs

Possible outcomes:

Obviously I do. I can't remember their last playoff win. But, the way they clinched their spot in the playoffs was about the best possible way it could have happened so If they lose in the first round, which I'll admit is likely, then I won't be completely upset about it. They already gave me a great moment yesterday.

Now, with the way their defense is playing I think they have a shot at knocking off anyone in the AFC.

I'll take it one step further and nominate them as the surprise team to take it all away to the Super Bowl.

Bear in mind, a "surprise" team has to be one no one sees coming, knows, cares, or is talking about. You look at the NFC field, and all the potential teams have either been there before or gotten some type of serious press all season long (the Redskins due to RG3, the Cowboys, if they get in, simply because they're the freakin' Cowboys, and the Vikings because of Adrian Peterson's epic performance this season.) Meanwhile, NO ONE is talking about Cincinnati outside of Hamilton County (or Allegheny County after yesterday—haha), that win over the Steelers had to be a huge confidence boost, and, true to the nature of surprise teams from the past, they're peaking at the right time—and never underestimate the importance of momentum going into the tournament. Want proof? Look at the last AFC #6 seed to take it all the way—those very same Steelers, back in the '05 postseason. Even better example? The '07 Giants, and even '08 Cardinals, who, even though they both lost their last regular season game (if my memory is right—and I believe both to the same team, the Patriots, though someone may wanna vet that), still got hot at the right time—on the strength of an opportunistic defense. And what does Cincinnati have going right now? A pretty freakin' good defense. Additionally, since no one's talking about the Bengals, they have not a damn bit of pressure on them, meaning they can play loose and relaxed—even go for broke if they so choose. Hell, they may get lucky and replicate the '08 Cardinals—who need I remind you no one saw coming that season, either—especially considering the way they finished out that regular season.

If it's Brady and the Patriots you're worried about, they can be beaten. It won't be easy, but it's possible—the key is to get to him early and often. Brady has shown a habit of clamming up if he gets hit, hurried or pressured early on or too much in a game. But then, I don't know how the brackets will shape up just yet—just throwing that nugget out there.

Anyway, just remember if the Bengals do take it all the way, you heard it here first.

]and I'll keep plenty of delicious crow recipes on deck in case I'm wrong...just remember I prefer it grilled.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The 2008 Cardinals were actually falling apart down the stretch. They were 7-3, I believe, and finished 9-7. The Patriots whacked them in Foxboro in Week 16. That actually seems like the antithesis of the examples you state, such as the 2007 Giants, who went 10-4 to finish and played that excellent game against undefeated New England, or these Bengals, who have won six of seven games.

spacer.png

Archived