2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

'Brutal' would best describe the game last night. It was a brutal street fight between two good defenses... but it was a brutal showing for Wilson.

This loss sucks since now the 'Hawks are really behind the eight ball. No matter, there's 9 more games to get, at least, an 8-8 season (which would be better then last year, mind you).

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, what company publicly tells their paying customers to shut up and stop criticizing them when their product is flawed? Whenever the Chargers do anything, I'm reminded of admiral's line about Saintsfan having a map to get on the wrong sides of issues. The cynical side of me thinks they're screwing up this badly on purpose so people won't feel so bad when they move to LA. Of course, this has backfired on them, as it only served to make the fanbase angrier. Apparently that letter was eviscerated by fans on local sports radio today.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Whenever the Chargers do anything, I'm reminded of admiral's line about Saintsfan having a map to get on the wrong sides of issues.

May my memes outlive me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm no PR expert, but I have to think that telling the customer base to get over it is not something they teach at PR school.

You have to admire the balls of the Chargers brass to publish this on their home page. This guy is basically telling Chargers fans they're idiots by citing a 3-3 "division leading" record. Anyone with two eyes can see that the Chargers are on the verge of collapse internally, and games like they had against Denver are not simply coincidence. It's not one of those games where you say "we tip our caps to Peyton Manning on that one." It was a total meltdown that's indicative of the kind of roster/coaching ideology they've formulated.

Meanwhile their PR director is scolding their fans because he lives in some other version of reality. Can the Chargers finish strong? Sure. Will they?

effoffnorv.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Meanwhile their PR director is scolding their fans because he lives in some other version of reality.

No, the PR director is scolding the fanbase because his boss, Dean Spanos, lives in some other version of reality in which wishy-washy trust fund babies like him make for good owners and every team aspires for .500 seasons.

Off topic but that Charger powder blue sure is beautiful.

Indeed it is.... the fact that Spanos hasn't listened to the fans and dumped the navy crap is just another symbol of how tonedeaf the entire organization is. Not that it matters, though - this crap-ass team doesn't deserve to wear the colors that Alworth, Mix, and Rote wore.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'm no PR expert, but I have to think that telling the customer base to get over it is not something they teach at PR school.

The Chargers owner reminds me of the Indians owner in Major League. This team is so LA.

Meh. Couldn't hurt. At least they blow 24 point leads in the country's second largest media market.

I would like to remind everyone that St. Louis claims it is enthusiastic about the Rams, loyal, and we shouldn't move the team.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Bucs gotta have the worst pass D in the NFL.

Okay...as much as I don't wanna say this, the sad truth is that Aqib Talib is probably the best DB on that secondary. Having said that...I could live mighty well with a 33rd-ranked pass D if it means Tampa FINALLY cuts any and every single tie to and with that knucklehead...better late than never.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I heard the crowd EXPLODE earlier and it was because Clay Matthews sacked someone. Weird.

So dark in there!

Best fans in baseball.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived