Nebraska Announces Alt Uniform for Game Versus Wisconsin

I still can't get over this idea, gaining more and more currency every year, that high school football players care as much about logos and uniforms as we do. Recruiting kids with school-sanctioned prostitutes and giant bags of slush fund money, I'm used to that, but I can't wrap my head around selling a school with the promise of highlighter-chartreuse numbers on charcoal jerseys and having that mean anything.

It's just part of the package. And we'll get off your lawn. ;)

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looks like the W's are put on with electical tape. God Awful. Adidas has now been surpassed by UA IMO for best companies, behind #1 Nike.

So you made a really convoluted way of saying that Adidas is #3?

I suppose that still puts them ahead of Russell and some of the other one-offs.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The "electrical tape" number is a retro logo of Wisconsin's:

UW Helmet

I'm aware of that, but I'f their going to make Retro Unis for Bucky, make them accurate, not some fake retro they've never worn.

why? they did the same with Michigan. its not trying to be a throwback.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

UW Helmet

I'm aware of that, but I'f their going to make Retro Unis for Bucky, make them accurate, not some fake retro they've never worn.

Because Michigans looked good, while both Nebraska and the Badgers look horrible. Maybe a red helmet with a white motion W, and getting rid of the W all together on the front. It's doing a retro look just for the sake of doing Retro, cuz it worked for Michgan, so Adidas is shoving it down our throats

UW Helmet

Yeah, I loved Wisconsin's last throwbacks, but this isn't one.

502007206d6f9.preview-620.jpg

These one-gamers are using a throwback "W", but that doesn't make them throwbacks. They're still gorgeous, though. Far too good to be a one-off: I really want them to base new regular uniforms on this look.

UW Helmet

Because Michigans looked good, while both Nebraska and the Badgers look horrible. Maybe a red helmet with a white motion W, and getting rid of the W all together on the front. It's doing a retro look just for the sake of doing Retro, cuz it worked for Michgan, so Adidas is shoving it down our throats

You mean, it's not possible that Wisconsin actually liked this one, and that's why they chose this one?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

UW Helmet

These one-gamers are using a throwback "W", but that doesn't make them throwbacks. They're still gorgeous, though. Far too good to be a one-off: I really want them to base new regular uniforms on this look.

See, I loved those throwbacks, and wouldn't even mind a switch to that Cardinal and such, but I'm just not a fan of how Adidas used The old W in this new uni

UW Helmet

See, I loved those throwbacks, and wouldn't even mind a switch to that Cardinal and such, but I'm just not a fan of how Adidas used The old W in this new uni

Those uniforms kicked ass. Ditch that white trim on the jersey, make the W a little bit more bold (just a little more weight to the letterform) and put two thin stripes on the sleeves, and that's a full-timer.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

i like when someone completely misunderstands the goal of a creative project (what they were trying to do) and therefore totally misses on their critique of it (did they achieve it?) and then offers a "solution" that is by no means any better either aesthetically or by what was trying to be done. and so they cannot properly assess the most important question (was it worth it?) but writes as if they hold all the answers

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i like when someone completely misunderstands the goal of a creative project (what they were trying to do) and therefore totally misses on their critique of it (did they achieve it?) and then offers a "solution" that is by no means any better either aesthetically or by what was trying to be done. and so they cannot properly assess the most important question (was it worth it?) but writes as if they hold all the answers

In other words, "the Internet". :P

UW Helmet

I dig those uniforms, especially the helmets.

Archived