Nebraska Announces Alt Uniform for Game Versus Wisconsin

Texas-like = related to Texas Longhorns. The Nebraska folks have a bit of blind rage related to the burnt orange-clad folks in Austin.

The long string of losing to Texas seems to have warped the Huskers' minds and these terrible unis are the result

The N stands for 'knowledge'

p4Ut2be.png

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would have been great to do this: It could either have been done as a straight throwback, or it could have been done in black with red graphics (like the helmet) if something more modern was needed. There's more to these uniforms and this game than has been revealed as well, so stay tuned to see how it all comes together.

ncaanc1929opt1.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Looks like Wisconsin is participating in the Adidas advertisement too:

This is from their facebook site, which says it's a "first look" at what they'll be wearing at Nebraska. Looks like a red sleeve and a narrower/curvier number font.

Damn...we pulled out that goofy uniform vs. Colorado in 1995 and have been fairly steady ever since. I can't go so far as to say I hope we get killed (like we did vs. CU), but if we do, the silver lining could be that we stay conservative.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It looks like the number font is Aachen bold with no outline, so I am guessing that there won't be any black in the uniforms. It also looks like that there will be vertical striping on these as well.

spacer.png

Apparently it's a crime for two teams with the same colors to play each other like that?

*Sigh* No, it is really dumb that Wisconsin abandoned its offical school color to co-op a look of an established national powerhouse, and it's silly that those two teams now have to resort to wearing garish alternates each year when they play to cover up for the fact that their uniforms are identical but for a helmet stripe. It would be easy to further distinguish Wiscy from Nebraska. Step 1: Wisconsin switches back to its actual school color.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Hopefully the whole jersey isn't red. A red on red game would be hideous.

There is no way.

That said, red sleeves? Seems like the worst team to bust that out against.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

Apparently it's a crime for two teams with the same colors to play each other like that?

*Sigh* No, it is really dumb that Wisconsin abandoned its offical school color to co-op a look of an established national powerhouse, and it's silly that those two teams now have to resort to wearing garish alternates each year when they play to cover up for the fact that their uniforms are identical but for a helmet stripe. It would be easy to further distinguish Wiscy from Nebraska. Step 1: Wisconsin switches back to its actual school color.

What's that?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Sea of Red Classic in Lincoln! Brought to you by Adidas, Third Tier Art Schools, Bad Taste, and the Almighty Dollar!

*sets up meteor magnet in Lincoln for the game.*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If there's any team with a traditional look that could stand to go more modern, it's Wisconsin. With no national championships to speak of, there's really no mystique surrounding their look, let alone the amount Barry Alvarez seems to think there is. They just look like a high school team from the early 90s who got their uniforms from Walmart.

If there's any team with a traditional look that could stand to go more modern, it's Wisconsin. With no national championships to speak of, there's really no mystique surrounding their look, let alone the amount Barry Alvarez seems to think there is... they just look like a high school team from the early 90s who got their uniforms from Walmart.

agreed. they are doing nothing but paying homage to nebraska

I wouldn't be against Wisconsin going modern because of tradition, but I think it's really hard to pull off a successful modern look with only two colors.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It looks like the number font is Aachen bold with no outline, so I am guessing that there won't be any black in the uniforms. It also looks like that there will be vertical striping on these as well.

Negative on the Aachen bold. I don't prefer it, myself, so that's good in my book.

The Sea of Red Classic in Lincoln! Brought to you by Adidas, Third Tier Art Schools, Bad Taste, and the Almighty Dollar!

*sets up meteor magnet in Lincoln for the game.*

Third Tier Art Schools?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

What's that?

ce0f41.png

Cardinal or "Wisc Red."

C:0, M:100, Y:65, K:15

Clearly not the same color as in my signature....d'oh.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

LOL. They've played each other six times total in the history of both football programs, they have worn alternates in exactly none of those games. They don't play each other each year. The sleeve stripes are clearly different, and wouldn't it be just as easy for Nebraska to switch to it's actual school color, cream?

And how do you know that Wisconsin switched shades of red because of Nebraska?

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

LOL. They've played each other six times total in the history of both football programs, they have worn alternates in exactly none of those games. They don't play each other each year. The sleeve stripes are clearly different, and wouldn't it be just as easy for Nebraska to switch to it's actual school color, cream?

Well, seeing as they are both wearing alternates this year, I imagine this will be a continuing this, expecially as long as Adidas hold both their contracts and can make this a marketing event. I don't know that Wisconsin switched their color just to look like Nebraska, but they did switch to the same color Nebraska wears, and that is troublesome because, first and foremost, it's not the color Wisconsin should be wearing. It's one thing to not wear cream instead of white. I understand that becase cream road jerseys would just look unwashed. However, there is no practical reason to wear a different shade of red "just because".

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Well, seeing as they are both wearing alternates this year, I imagine this will be a continuing this, expecially as long as Adidas hold both their contracts and can make this a marketing event. I don't know that Wisconsin switched their color just to look like Nebraska, but they did switch to the same color Nebraska wears, and that is troublesome because, first and foremost, it's not the color Wisconsin should be wearing. It's one thing to not wear cream instead of white. I understand that becase cream road jerseys would just look unwashed. However, there is no practical reason to wear a different shade of red "just because".

I think that is what happened, with Alvarez's history with that program; then again he went with a "new"/"unique" helmet logo rather emulating Nebraska's very basic "N". Either way, though, it's time to use the "official" shade. Their early 60s throwback looked great (from the neck down, anyway) and there is no reason not to go to something like that.

All that said, the two teams did not wear throwbacks last year and it was no problem. So they don't need to now. I blame the current (and likely permanent) trend of "college football uniforms as manufacturer billboards" more than I do "the uniforms are not distinguishable".

POTD (Shared)

Negative on the Aachen bold. I don't prefer it, myself, so that's good in my book.

I'm gonna guess most are guessong Aachen Bold since that's the font from which the motion W is based, as well as what their basketball team wears.

That said...first time I saw that image, I immediately thought "those are probably those old Clarenden-style numbers".

Guess we'll see on the 6th.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm gonna guess most are guessong Aachen Bold since that's the font from which the motion W is based, as well as what their basketball team wears.

That said...first time I saw that image, I immediately thought "those are probably those old Clarenden-style numbers".

Guess we'll see on the 6th.

Interesting, I could have sworn by looking at the picture that it was Aachen Bold. What exactly do the Clarenden-style numbers look like?

spacer.png

Archived