Nebraska Announces Alt Uniform for Game Versus Wisconsin

I haven't seen anything yet that says that those Cornhusker alts fall under the Under The Lights category (or if adidas is even continuing with that promotional title past last season), so I'm curious, because I know one of y'all know, if that Nebraska-Wisconsin game will be played in daylight or under night lights.

For the sake of all that blackness, I hope it's the latter, because I just do not see those looking any kind of good out in the sun.

Nebraska-Wisconsin is currently scheduled to be a night game.

okay i couldn't resist doing the standard "what i would have done" concept

screenshot20120728at222.png

Too Texan-y for my taste.

this is what i mean when i say you cant win. someone will always compare something to something else. even if the colors arn't even the same. if you add white pants to that "it looks too much like the Falcons". replace black with grey and "its too much like Ohio State". well, most things have already been done, so you just have to do the best with what you're given some times. and even if you do something original its always met with resistance too.

i think on this board as a whole, there needs to be less focus on if something is totally original or not, or if its a gimmick or not, and instead focus on if its appropriate and if its designed well or not.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, let me clarify, It's too Texan-y, which is inappropriate because mentioning anything Texas-like is almost guaranteed to raise the hackles of the Husker faithful.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

OK, let me clarify, It's too Texan-y, which is inappropriate because mentioning anything Texas-like is almost guaranteed to raise the hackles of the Husker faithful.

Idk..i'm pretty sure the Husker faithful don't really care about the Houston Texans. Especially since they're in the Big 10 now.

Raise hackles? It sends them into a blind, frothy-mouth, epileptic rage.

FsQiF2W.png

Idk..i'm pretty sure the Husker faithful don't really care about the Houston Texans. Especially since they're in the Big 10 now.

Texas-like = related to Texas Longhorns. The Nebraska folks have a bit of blind rage related to the burnt orange-clad folks in Austin.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Texas-like = related to Texas Longhorns. The Nebraska folks have a bit of blind rage related to the burnt orange-clad folks in Austin.

haha, no i definitely understand the hatred, I'm a Huskers fan. I just don't think that a jersey that alludes to any Texas football team immediately instills blind rage in Husker fans. A jersey that looks like the longhorns? Probably. A jersey that looks like the Houston Texans? Probably not.

College football uniforms are becoming a gimmicky wasteland of design diarrhea.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Disagreed. It's mostly Adidas and their :censored:ty template and cookie cutter designs that are making it seem that way. Nike and now Under Armour have been putting out, for the most part, well-thought-out and unique designs.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Disagreed. It's mostly Adidas and their :censored:ty template and cookie cutter designs that are making it seem that way. Nike and now Under Armour have been putting out, for the most part, well-thought-out and unique designs.

While I agree that Nike and UA(to some degree) are more successful than Adidas. To say they're well-thought-out is an over statement in my opinion. Nike just seems to throw every idea they have against the wall and see what sticks, especially with Oregon. They come up with some cool ass designs too. It works for them, but most of their designs are just experiments, not well thought out at all.

EDIT: it seems like people are hating on Adidas because they were the last to hop on the "crazy jersey" train, so everything they do is just a rip-off or a gimmick, no winning it seems.

Of course all the traditionalists are whining. Everyone should only wear uniforms from the 60s, all the time. I think these are sharp. Red and black are always a sexy combo.

You tell me one unique aspect about these uniforms that hasn't been done in the last 3 years.

i dont see why that matters. it seems like if you do anything trendy people say "its been done before; looks like a X rip off" and if you do somthing original its "its too gimmicky, you dont need that". you cant win.

i like this Nebraska stuff because its different for them. i would rather see black or white pants, double-red is really loud, but i say good job here

I feel like you do not have an understanding of the word "gimmicky." If something is truly original, it cannot be gimmicky because there is nothing for it to be a cheap imitation of. (Granted, you try to claim that a team like Nebraska is gimmicky for developing a modern uniform, but you couldn't make any actual judgements on that uniform until you see it.)

And liking something for the sole reason "because it is different" is laughable. It's like buying a Nook because it's different than an iPad. Different does not automatically mean better, especially in this case.

I'm pretty sure you're the one who doesn't have an understanding of the word "gimmicky".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Under Armour showed its potential only two days ago, and if you weren't wearing blinders, you'd realize that Nike does just as much template work as anyone else. How about when Nike finally starts using the chest of the jersey as a canvas; will you remember that adidas and Under Armour did it first?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

OldSchoolVikings - Nike is the King of Uniforms, I know this, you know this and there is no denying they create everything.

Boy I tell ya...if the fanboyism wasn't blatantly obvious before, it clearly is here.

As a matter of fact, here's something for all of you good little fanboys to "sig"nify your unequivocal adoration and devotion to the Swoosh...y'all can thank me for these later.

official_swooshketeer_sig.png

just_like_it_sig.png

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

These are SUPER rough, but my take on how Adidas could've made them better. Really, it's just color swaps and I think they're 1000x better.

nu2.jpg

nu-1.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The fact that the adidas uniforms lack a belt to break up colors makes it even worse when they wear the same color pants and jersey IMO. I think simply making the pants black like BrandMoore did would make this look better. I really like the concept he made but for some reason I really like the number on the chest with he giant chest logo aspect so I would've left it. Overall these jerseys, as many have said, feel uninspired but I think with a few tweaks (like pant color) could make it drastically better.

These are SUPER rough, but my take on how Adidas could've made them better. Really, it's just color swaps and I think they're 1000x better.

nu2.jpg

nu-1.jpg

i think thats awesome but no one will like it because it looks too much like Texas Tech, Atlanta Falcons, Cincinnati, someones Wisconsin concept from 3 years ago, or even the Houston :censored:ing Texans. lets throw in UCLA too, just because they wear Adidas

The fact that the adidas uniforms lack a belt to break up colors makes it even worse when they wear the same color pants and jersey IMO.

thats probably true with the jersey/pants being the same color, but its something we'll have to adjust to. i think most players prefer the belt-less pants for fit and comfort. its just practically better (for some) and thats part of the problem when designing solutions. function over form, so to speak

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

White lid

Black jersey that is a clone of the Nebraska red jersey except for color manipulation

Red pants

And thus we can be done with this stupid exercise while at the same time capturing why black is being integrated here. And abandoning Adidas' ill-thought out attempt to make the pencil N Nebraska's "big idea" (to paraphrase Brian Cook).

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived