Indiana Pacers

ucla31

Hey everyone,

I've always wanted to rebrand the Pacers (who I feel need some new uniforms soon). Anyways, check it out and let me know what you think. I've always loved the Flo Jos from the 90's and feel that they were an iconic look for the Pacers. Modernizing that to fit into today's game was really the direction I was going for. Hope you guys like it!

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Indiana-Pacers-TEAM-REBRAND/4722109

pacersarielaurellano.jpg

WOW! This could easily be the best NBA concept I've seen on here. Your presentation is marvelous, your logos are clean, and you the Pacers look exciting. All 3 of hte logos look great, and I'm especially liking the "P" one. The uniforms look great. I love that you brought back the Reggie Miller vs. The Knicks jersey design a lot. The script looks great, and the INDY idea is clever as well. The only complaint I have about the uniforms is the off centered numbers on the front. I think you could have enough room between the stripe and number to make the number center, or you could just put the number under the left side of the chest. Overall, this concept gets a 10/10

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I have one criticism, but it is major. The primary logo doesn't fit in with the rest of the uniform. You tried to retrofit their current logo into your concept. but it doesn't fit together. I suggest starting from scratch with the primary. If you want to remake it with your P, do that. If you are going to do something totally different, great. But I really don't think that forcing the old logo into this concept works out.

Otherwise, I like all the other elements. The Pacers have almost always had modern uniforms, and these carry that on. Wordmarks and secondary logos are fine too.

This concept is really nice, especially the presentation. The modernized "P" looks good, but I especially like the alternate logos. The uniforms look great, although I would like to see you experiment with the alternate a little bit more, possibly making it yellow. All in all great work though, you accomplished turning a dull brand into an exciting one.

spacer.png

I like the general idea, the uniforms are lacking inspiration, IMO, but they still have nice elements. My biggest problem is that there's too many versions of the 'P' in the logo set. Like, I really like the flaming P, but then you have a variation of it everywhere else. Too inconsistent. And personally, the serif/cutaway thing on the P's (especially the primary mark) feels forced, but I don't like those cutaways on pretty much anything (MSU wordmark, number set).

Try to tighten this up and you have a real winner.

Great designs and this is perhaps the best presentation of a concept I've ever seen.

Incredible work.

The only possible complaint I have...Indy usually refers to Indianapolis, the city, not Indiana the state. I'd be fine for changing the team identity to Indy, but Indiana IS a big basketball state all over, sop representing the whole state works for them.

87Redskins.png

as others have said, great presentation.

A few things:

Primary: not really feeling the cut in serif on the "P", not sure of the purpose here. The text below is a start but some letters have unique elements in them while others do not.

Alternate: Interesting concept but the angle it is placed on throws it off for me. Is there any significance to the 6 stars? Good tie in to the state flag however it reads as "Indiana I P"....ut oh.

Tertiary: This mark works pretty well and fits within your identity, however it has the similar unfortunate read as the alternate does..."I P"

Wordmarks:"Indiana Pacers" -not a big fan of straight text with italicized text, the P and S start to look like they come from the same font while the others do not. The I in Indiana at that small of a size looks weird.

"Indy" not sure how that would work for the team. They might not want to just specify Indy instead using just Indiana as they do now.

Numbers: These seem to work nicer as a font family than the letters do, however when combined with an arched wordmark they don't work. Which in turn I feel really hurts the uniforms.

Overall a nice concept that I think you can push much further. Good Job.

Great designs and this is perhaps the best presentation of a concept I've ever seen.

Incredible work.

The only possible complaint I have...Indy usually refers to Indianapolis, the city, not Indiana the state. I'd be fine for changing the team identity to Indy, but Indiana IS a big basketball state all over, sop representing the whole state works for them.

+1. Speaking as a native Hoosier, I can attest that "Indy" would never fly as a substitute for "Indiana." "Indy" is only ever "Indianapolis."

Also, I'm kind of not feeling the line of the P. It looks like the corner got smudged off. Flip it around, and you almost have the shape of Indiana, something you could play with.

rATMcmK.png

as others have said, great presentation.

A few things:

Primary: not really feeling the cut in serif on the "P", not sure of the purpose here. The text below is a start but some letters have unique elements in them while others do not.

Alternate: Interesting concept but the angle it is placed on throws it off for me. Is there any significance to the 6 stars? Good tie in to the state flag however it reads as "Indiana I P"....ut oh.

Tertiary: This mark works pretty well and fits within your identity, however it has the similar unfortunate read as the alternate does..."I P"

Wordmarks:"Indiana Pacers" -not a big fan of straight text with italicized text, the P and S start to look like they come from the same font while the others do not. The I in Indiana at that small of a size looks weird.

"Indy" not sure how that would work for the team. They might not want to just specify Indy instead using just Indiana as they do now.

Numbers: These seem to work nicer as a font family than the letters do, however when combined with an arched wordmark they don't work. Which in turn I feel really hurts the uniforms.

Overall a nice concept that I think you can push much further. Good Job.

i'll co-sign these...it's a good start, but needs work to make it memorable, imo.

Alright, I'm gonna nitpick the :censored: outta this because, one, I'm a Pacers fan, and two, this has the potential to be great. Although, before I start, I will say this is the best presentation I've ever seen.

From top to bottom...

Primary: Not a fan of the cutout in the P. Personally, I would remove this from the Ps in the entire set. Also, I'd stretch out the Pacers wordmark so that it lines up with the right edge of the logo.

Secondary: Love it. Great job incorporating elements of the state flag. My only concern is the angle...it just seems odd. I would just de-italicize (is that a word?) the P-torch element and straighten out the logo.

Tertiary: Not sure if this logo is completely necessary. If so I would eliminate the cutout in the P and make the I uppercase.

Wordmarks: I like the first wordmark (sans P notch), and I would make all of your wordmarks italic and uppercase (I don't understand the lowercase I). Also, as the others have said, Indy is Indianapolis, not Indiana.

Numbers: Love em.

Home uni: I like the side panel design. You did a good job of evoking the look of the FloJo unis (my personal favorite) without looking too 90s. As I said earlier, I would go with non-arched, italic wordmarks for all unis, with right aligned front numbers. It just flows better, and again evokes the FloJo unis. I would also put the shorts logo on the side instead of front/side. With no stripes on the players' left side, the logo should be there. Lastly, I would make the numbers blue (for better color balance) and either outline the workmark or eliminate the number outlines.

Road uni: See above. In addition, I would flip the colors of the side panel and make the numbers white. I feel like this would give better color balance.

Alt uni: I don't quite understand the slightly lighter blue, and as I said earlier, ditch the Indy wordmark. I would go with a yellow jersey with blue side panels/numbers and white trim. As for the wordmark, either Indiana or Pacers would work. Otherwise I like it.

Court: Thank you for returning the P to center court and for adding BLUE! It could use some yellow though...maybe make the lane yellow? Also, I'm personally not a fan of the CITY NICKNAME BASKETBALL baseline design, so I personally would go with Indiana Pacers on each baseline. I would also move the secondary logo to between the lane and 3 pt line (where lots of courts have a logo). Lastly, the Brickyard is an AMAZING touch.

SO, overall, amazing presentation and a solid concept. It may seem like a lot of criticism, but it's cause I wanna see this perfected and sent to the Pacers' front office, cause this would be the best they've ever looked. Hope to see an update in the near future.

As said, great effort with the presentation.

Primary logo: Like it except for the tail of the "P" in the wordmark - maybe this could match the sharper edge of the logo P for that extra consistency.

Alternate logo: Excellent idea I think, as some have said though a bit more symmetry would help this one - perhaps try straightening it up and see how it looks.

Third logo: Like the simplicity of this one - I assume this is meant to abstractly mimick the shape of the state itself? If so, you could add a little bit more detail round the edges to make this connection more obvious.

Home uni: Wordmark looks really good on here. The side panel works from the front & rear views, but for me it looks a little like a banana from the side (which isn't the worst thing in the world I suppose).

Road uni: Not totally convinced about the lowercase "i", but it's not too distracting. I'm not usually a fan of wishbone-style collars, but this one seems to work fairly nicely.

Alt uni: As mentioned, using the Indy name could be an issue for some. Has a bit of a Warriors feel to me - especially the shorts. Did you try a gold alternate just for fun?

Court: Nice one. Could you make the whole thing bricks? (only half joking about that)...

Excellent work overall, I'd love to see any of your other sports branding up here...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived