Major League Football (my fictional concept league)

hugevolsfan

Simple, but very effective. I wouldn't mind the red being a bit darker but I imagine that would take us to Redskin colors,etc. Still, one of my favorite looks in the league. Looking forward to the Minnesota Grizzlies.

I used the red & gold from Milwaukees flag.

Milwaukee's flag is mostly light blue, but since most citizens hate our flag (and why wouldn't we?), I can't say it's a good thing to base a teams' identity on; and overall this concept is a bit too Washington-y for my tastes.

Sorry you don't like it I guess your not interested in season tickets then!

I used the colors from the Milwaukee flag because the two just stood out to me.

I will say it is hard to come up with 32 different color combos for a league.

I really like the latest 4 teams that's been done(Riders,Hawks,Warriors and Rhinos)...Hawks being the very fave. The Warriors have a nice 70's Redskins feel to it.

Every team you've done has reminded me of other teams while still feeling pretty well original.

For example:

Thunderbolts>Sacramento Surge

Mustangs>Birmingham Stallions

Blazers>Birmingham Fire

Generals>NY Jets 80's

Admirals>BYU

The first three were influenced for sure but the last two were not.

I like them all but I did not go into this thinking well lets go make these look like that team or this team.

A lot of these were the way I envisioned them for so long I could not go away from that look.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The San Francisco Hawks!

The Hawks started out by being a small minor league team 1950 before joining the upstart AAFL.

Like many other AAFL teams they came up with logos or designs for their helmets to make them kinda stand out.

After having some success in the first 30 years of their existence the last 30 years have been rough especially the last decade.

New owner Jeff Guthrie has came in & made several changes in the last few years including coaches, players, logos, & uniforms,

Guthrie has hired first time head coach Marty McPherson to hopefully turn this franchise around.

McPherson's, the former OC for Dallas, first task is to see if Anthony Blake can become a franchise QB.

Blake who has been called a poor mans Marcus King has lived up in one way by not ever completing a 16 game schedule.

Blake does have some good WR's in Ronald Blackwell, Kenard Hamilton, & Erick Mills.

RB Kelvin Clark is solid but the offensive line has struggled but hopes to improve with the signing of veteran LT Melvin Wilkerson.

The defense is the real problem which is why the team drafted DT Kenny Moss number one to help LB Desmond Watson & DE Cedric Powell.

Here is the current logos & uniforms as always C & C welcome

SFLogosampUniformsSheetcopy_zps141cbccb.png

SFAltUniformSheet_zpsf8d527ca.png

EliteHomecopy_zpsd6be2963.png

EliteAwaycopy_zps8abca3d5.png

EliteAltcopy_zpsb0d68b84.png

I just think the red should be a little more vivid, because on the uniform it looks quite pinkish.

Not sure if its just my phone but the Miluakee concept isn't showing up.

No, its not just you. His photobucket went over bandwidth.

yeah sorry I deleted some stuff but my bandwidth will not reset until month end I believe :(

if you would like to view my account click the link below

http://s904.photobucket.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since the last post. No rush but I'm just wondering when TB and Minn will be posted?

I have Minnesota completed but have not had time to post I hope to before this weekend we will see!

Thanks for the interest Tampa Bay is a work in progress so not sure when that one will come about.

The Minnesota Grizzlies!

The franchise moved from Buffalo after the 1959 season & wanted to completely rebrand.

A fan contest was held in which Black Bears was picked over Huskies, Wolves, & Blizzard.

However after much consideration the new ownership decided on Grizzlies because the name sounded better.

Minnesota has struggled for many years including the last few which led to them getting one of the most successful college coaches.

Most fans were shocked at the hiring of 60 year old Bill Robinson who had not coached in many years and the results have not changed much in his two years.

Ben Harrell was selected to be the franchise QB two years ago but so far has struggled with only 5 wins in two years.

Robinson is a run first guy which has not worked out since they had one of the worst lines in the league but are hoping that free agent T Francisco Carlisle will help.

The skill positions have some talent in RB Devin Holmes, WR's Vernon Harris & Andre Turner, & TE Orlando Sanchez but so far have not been utitlized enough because of the struggling lines & QB's.

The defense does have a a All-Pro CB in Kenny Grant & hope 1st round draft pick DT Kevin Suggs can make an immediate impact.

Here are the current logos & uniforms C & C as always.

MINLogoampUniformsSheetcopy_zpse2f74fb3.png

EliteHomecopy_zpsbe00f6e9.png

EliteAwaycopy_zps155ba671.png

Awesome, one of my favorites in terms of uniform and color scheme. Logo looks great, just wish you would have done something more "out there" in terms of the Grizzly head.

I'm assuming the font is custom made, correct?

Not sure what you are meaning by "out there" I am not really an "out there" kind of person.

The angle of the Grizzly is unlike any other I seen because I tried to find one for reference but could not so I kinda of had to wing it.

The font in the wordmark is a stock font with some changes the numbers on the uniform is the Rams current ones.

HVF- is that secondary color gold or tannish brown?

I guess it would be more of a tan or beige. I used the Memphis Houndogs proposed color.

I had a more of brown color & even had silver in the mix at one time but when i was scouring through the Sports Logo Prototypes thread I saw the color for the houndogs I immediately knew that was the color I was looking for.

Another superb identity. Those shoulder stripes are really fitting

Do you have Tampa's name yet or are you still deciding?

yes I actually have an identity probably be the most modern looking design of any of them I have changed it quite a bit from the first time.

Barracudas is the name & will be similar to the Seahawks in some of the aspects of their new uniform.

It may be a while because I have not got any of it completed quite yet but I have finally settled on what I want to do.

Not sure if its just my phone but the Miluakee concept isn't showing up.

No, its not just you. His photobucket went over bandwidth.

yeah sorry I deleted some stuff but my bandwidth will not reset until month end I believe :(

if you would like to view my account click the link below

http://s904.photobucket.com/

Click the link above I am a popular guy so my bandwidth is exceeded on my photobucket account. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Archived