Major League Football (my fictional concept league)

hugevolsfan

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HFV - A while back you talked about posting the Tampa Bay look for some C&C around the same time you got the Rhinos look introduced...how are the Sharks coming along?

I actually completed it did not think it was up to the rest of the league scrapped it started over & left it for a while.

I have been working on both Milwaukee & Minnesota. Minnesota I have recently redone for the same reason stated above.

I am only working on this very little because of other commitments but hang in there the next team will post soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Stopping in to look for updates.

Seems like a lot is going on with issues around the house in the last few weeks.

Spent so much time handling those issues I have not had time to do anything but it could be a lot worse.

I am close with two of them but still not ready & until I get some time to work on them they will not be.

• 3 weeks later...

I should have Milwaukee posted shortly I posted earlier in the thread that Denver was the last classic team but I must have forgotten about Milwaukee because I never intended them to be modern.

I really like the look I have completed almost everything I hope to post tonight.

The Milwaukee Warriors!

One of the first teams to join the PFL in 1920 Milwaukee won several championships in the PFL while being a key player in the new formation of Major League Football.

In 1967 season Milwaukee had a magical run that culminated in the 1968 Championship win over the Kansas City Mustangs.

They were led by the MVP of that season QB Jack Downs who never had another season close to that one.

Milwaukee has not won a championship since but has fielded many competitive teams.

The last several years the reason Milwaukee has been competitive is head coach Steve Pariana.

He has transformed the offense to one of the best in the league led by QB Marc Tolmer, RB Thomas Rivers, WR's Jalen Graham, Rod Wilson, & Anthony Dixon.

Defense has kept them from winning a championship but still has some good pieces to work with in DE Al Jenkins & S Karim Udoka.

Here are the current uniforms with only slight tweaks to the logos over the years.

MILLogoampUniformsSheetcopy_zps2598409b.png

HomeElitecopy-2_zps623e9c71.png

AwayElitecopy-2_zpsf1b1be32.png

Simple, but very effective. I wouldn't mind the red being a bit darker but I imagine that would take us to Redskin colors,etc. Still, one of my favorite looks in the league. Looking forward to the Minnesota Grizzlies.

I used the red & gold from Milwaukees flag.

I have had the arrow done for a long time and initially was going to go with just an arrow on the helmet but too close to Chiefs, FSU & Redskins for me so I reworked with a shield.

Simple, but very effective. I wouldn't mind the red being a bit darker but I imagine that would take us to Redskin colors,etc. Still, one of my favorite looks in the league. Looking forward to the Minnesota Grizzlies.

I thought you were going blue, red, and gold?

I thought you were going blue, red, and gold?

Yes I did the logos are outlined in blue I saw no reason to muddy up the uni with outlines of blue though.

Milwaukee's flag is mostly light blue, but since most citizens hate our flag (and why wouldn't we?), I can't say it's a good thing to base a teams' identity on; and overall this concept is a bit too Washington-y for my tastes.

I really like the latest 4 teams that's been done(Riders,Hawks,Warriors and Rhinos)...Hawks being the very fave. The Warriors have a nice 70's Redskins feel to it.

Every team you've done has reminded me of other teams while still feeling pretty well original.

For example:

Thunderbolts>Sacramento Surge

Mustangs>Birmingham Stallions

Blazers>Birmingham Fire

Generals>NY Jets 80's

Admirals>BYU

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Archived