Week 1 NFL Jersey Thread

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Eagles greens seem to look nicer and stand out more when they're worn on the road. Dunno why. Maybe it's because everything in the background isn't green too..?

tempDH1_1424--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

I don't know, maybe it's just me but it seems the Eagles don't play a ton of 1:00 home games because they've been so good in the past decade, so maybe it's just not as noticeable? And haven't they worn white at home early on too recently?

Also, while perhaps grasping at straws a bit here, isn't it that earlier in the season, the sun is higher in the sky while it's still summer. It makes it look "warmer" than it would in December?

Yea I think you are right. Our color is equal parts green and blue. So yea I think it really does look better in sunlight because it brings out the yellow of the green part better...whereas the artificial lights bring out the blue which makes our jerseys look like Dark Teal. I still hope we ditch it next year though.

I counted 8 colors in Dallas' white/green/blue/silver/gray set.

Washington has 3. The colors are consistent throughout.

I like the brighter gold to your photoshop. It looks a bit drab and doesn't stand out like the current look. And you know, Nike would probably botch the gold like they did the Saints and their panty hose look.

They're the Burgundy and Gold, not the BBQ Sauce and Mustard.

The Skins have one of the best color schemes in sports, not even speaking with my bias. I love the way it looks.

If today's jersey manufacturing and cuts allowed for sleeve stripes, they could complete the classic look they reverted to last season.

kilmer_billy.jpg

87Redskins.png

Something that I didn't notice last year, the Vikings updated the lighting in the Metrodome with the new roof. It used to look so dark in there.

This almost looks like an outdoor game.

vikings.png

Watching on Sunday Ticket, I thought it looked kind of incredibly synthetic, like horrible fluorescent lighting almost.

Something that I didn't notice last year, the Vikings updated the lighting in the Metrodome with the new roof. It used to look so dark in there.

This almost looks like an outdoor game.

vikings.png

Watching on Sunday Ticket, I thought it looked kind of incredibly synthetic, like horrible fluorescent lighting almost.

Yeah, that photo could pass for an overcast day outdoors, but on TV it's still the old dreary Metrodome.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

It seems alot of people don't like the hue of the skin's "gold". Yet, they all have no problem with the Packers, Steelers, or Chargers. Aren't they all the same hue or at least very similar? (I mean, our pants are basically the same as the Packers, Lombardi changed our unis to replicate the Packers and the gold pants stuck)

1968_GreenBay.png

1970_Washington.png

I understand the gripes about the stripes, but the colors?

Then they could just switch to this helmet with a mustard facemask and call it a day:

1066.gif

Mustard facemask?

No freakin' way ... If they ever go back to that '65-'69 style helmet, the facemask needs to remain gray

If anything .... change to the exact gold from the spear and feather logo .....

Where's our guy who would preview each week's match-up with his uniform graphics?

That would be 'canzman' .... While I like his weekly uniform matchups, he was way off in many of last weeks uniforms.

The Eagles greens seem to look nicer and stand out more when they're worn on the road. Dunno why. Maybe it's because everything in the background isn't green too..?

tempDH1_1424--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

I don't know, maybe it's just me but it seems the Eagles don't play a ton of 1:00 home games because they've been so good in the past decade, so maybe it's just not as noticeable? And haven't they worn white at home early on too recently?

Also, while perhaps grasping at straws a bit here, isn't it that earlier in the season, the sun is higher in the sky while it's still summer. It makes it look "warmer" than it would in December?

Yea I think you are right. Our color is equal parts green and blue. So yea I think it really does look better in sunlight because it brings out the yellow of the green part better...whereas the artificial lights bring out the blue which makes our jerseys look like Dark Teal. I still hope we ditch it next year though.

Don't forget the Eagles at Panthers in week 1 of 2009. Plus the Eagles vs Buccaneers in week 7 of 2006. I agree, the Eagles midnight green looks good in the sunlight.

Archived