Week 1 NFL Jersey Thread

njmeadowlanders

Up to this point....

Best: Colts-Bears

Worst: Vikings-Jaguars

Afternoon games: 49ers-Packers is going to be AWESOME.

Its is however I hate the stripes on the 49ers sleeves, they look so useless

Yeah they look bad, especially became th numbers are on the shoulders which provides plenty of space for ful stripes.

I'm surprised more people don't complain about the packers collars, some look really terrible.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely have to eat some crow here, at least with the road set the Seahawks are sporting today. I actually like them on TV, they don't look NEARLY as bad as they did at the unveiling.

Yes, GB/SF is gorgeous, and Bears/Colts was nice (and a SB XLI uni-rematch).

I can't really notice the collars on TV from the broadcast angle. It's after a play showing a player get up from a tackle or a high five or when they show someone on the sidelines that you notice them.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Up to this point....

Best: Colts-Bears

Worst: Vikings-Jaguars

Afternoon games: 49ers-Packers is going to be AWESOME.

Its is however I hate the stripes on the 49ers sleeves, they look so useless

Yeah they look bad, especially became th numbers are on the shoulders which provides plenty of space for ful stripes.

I'm surprised more people don't complain about the packers collars, some look really terrible.

That they do, however their jersey wasnt changed i believe

True2OB.png

It looked like Alex Smith was wearing a jersey designed completely differently from his teammates'. His sleeves had three full stripes, and the stripes ran parallel with the sleeve cuff.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The 49ers look fantastic with their gold helmets shining under the sun.

The Texans wore white over white, which has become the tradition for the home opener. That put Miami in teal over white.

7966254740_b295894daa_b.jpg

We may have to ask 'Colorwerx' to confirm, but to my beliefs Miami wears aqua, not teal.

Jax at home wears teal ... a bit of a difference.

The 49ers look fantastic with their gold helmets shining under the sun.

The Texans wore white over white, which has become the tradition for the home opener. That put Miami in teal over white.

7966254740_b295894daa_b.jpg

We may have to ask 'Colorwerx' to confirm, but to my beliefs Miami wears aqua, not teal.

Jax at home wears teal ... a bit of a difference.

You sir are correct.

MiamiDolphins_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

JacksonvilleJaguars_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Something about white on top of most colors just looks good in the NFL aesthetics to me.

I mean, taking the Niners as an example here - I dread when I see white on top of khaki. Those two paired together look washed out, and washed out is never a positive quality. Yet, the Niners manage to make a white/khaki-ish combo look good.

The Seahawks belong in white/silver on the road. Hell, they should wear silver pants predominantly home or road.

spacer.png

Between the toilet-seat collars on many teams and the armpit sweat stains that go down both sides and across the players backs, I am already done with NIKE and want the NFL to find another company. The sweat stains were disgusting. 5 minutes into a game and every player looked like they had a 2 tone jersey on.

Between the toilet-seat collars on many teams and the armpit sweat stains that go down both sides and across the players backs, I am already done with NIKE and want the NFL to find another company. The sweat stains were disgusting. 5 minutes into a game and every player looked like they had a 2 tone jersey on.

The Lions seem to be the worse offender on the sweat stains, it looks horrible. In addition, I really miss their "metallic" pants.

"

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

The Eagles greens seem to look nicer and stand out more when they're worn on the road. Dunno why. Maybe it's because everything in the background isn't green too..?

tempDH1_1424--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

I don't know, maybe it's just me but it seems the Eagles don't play a ton of 1:00 home games because they've been so good in the past decade, so maybe it's just not as noticeable? And haven't they worn white at home early on too recently?

Also, while perhaps grasping at straws a bit here, isn't it that earlier in the season, the sun is higher in the sky while it's still summer. It makes it look "warmer" than it would in December?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Browns jerseys (white, of course) still have the "AL" on the sleeve. I thought this was going away?

I'm pretty sure this is it's last year and it'll be gone come 2013.

Hopefully their entire uniform set will be gone in 2013 too.

The most boring and stale look in the NFL, by far....which suits their entire franchise to a "T".

The Eagles greens seem to look nicer and stand out more when they're worn on the road. Dunno why. Maybe it's because everything in the background isn't green too..?

tempDH1_1424--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

I don't know, maybe it's just me but it seems the Eagles don't play a ton of 1:00 home games because they've been so good in the past decade, so maybe it's just not as noticeable? And haven't they worn white at home early on too recently?

Also, while perhaps grasping at straws a bit here, isn't it that earlier in the season, the sun is higher in the sky while it's still summer. It makes it look "warmer" than it would in December?

Yea I can agree with that. I go to FedEx Firld 8 times a year and it sure is a lot brighter in the sun in September than it is in January. Sun is overhead, uniforms bask in it. I think that's a pretty good ananlysis of why the Egals looked so good, which they did.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Archived