+1 for the Battalion.

The "Army" helmets make the uniform work. I'm a fan of the white more, but both are a great look. Teams should be willing to step outside the box a bit more - especially with colored helmets and pants.

I occasionally played against Brampton minor teams, and they used black alternates that also looked great - made the olive color really pop.

Someone mentioned London's "Robocop" - I would assume they mean "Spiderknight" or its official name "Knightro" (Eggplant and Teal from the late 90s). While that was different, the purple was just too much. I am a regular at London games, and my main gripe is their lazyness with helmets pants and gloves. All black helmets, pants with NO logos or stripes anywhere, and always plain black gloves with white lettering. Get creative! Add some green and gold! It's an amazing color scheme, if they embraced it with all the equipment it could be even better. (Side note: their classic look from around 2002-2011 had nothing wrong with it. They changed for the sake of change when RBK came in, and it's much worse. My apologies for the off topic rant.

detlogosbanner.jpg

Battalion moving to North Bay, tough luck for Brampton losing a OHL team, oh well at least they got the Brampton Jr.B Bombers to root for.

Brampton just seems to be a bad place for hockey. The Capitals (Jr. A) folded last year, and couldn't draw more than 70 fans to a game. Now they lose the Batallion, too.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I maintain that had they actually built their arena IN Brampton, and not down the street from the (Insert Mississauga OHL Team Name Here)'s Arena, then this wouldn't have happened.

I really hope they keep the logo and uniforms over in North Bay. If they do, I'll remain a fan for sure.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I maintain that had they actually built their arena IN Brampton, and not down the street from the (Insert Mississauga OHL Team Name Here)'s Arena, then this wouldn't have happened.

I really hope they keep the logo and uniforms over in North Bay. If they do, I'll remain a fan for sure.

I really think the location is what hindered their progress. Even though there are residences near by, its too far removed from the other areas of the city for anyone to want to drive there.

Does Brampton have a downtown? I was under the impression that it was just directionless sprawl.

The Queen St./Main St. area where city hall and the performing arts centre are, is the closest thing to downtown they have. It probably would have been a more appropriate place for it. However, Brampton, and Mississauga for that matter, decided to build the arena as part of a bigger sports complex.

I saw, I came, I left.

I really think the location is what hindered their progress. Even though there are residences near by, its too far removed from the other areas of the city for anyone to want to drive there.

Does Brampton have a downtown? I was under the impression that it was just directionless sprawl.

The Queen St./Main St. area where city hall and the performing arts centre are, is the closest thing to downtown they have. It probably would have been a more appropriate place for it. However, Brampton, and Mississauga for that matter, decided to build the arena as part of a bigger sports complex.

Brampton has been kind of trying to develop a "real" downtown in that Queen/Main streets area (as Dead! obviously mentioned) and had they built an area in that area instead of building just a theater I feel that this would have been more successful. I mean, forget the community rinks attached to the OHL rink idea and have the arena focus on trying to get those concerts and plays, ect that the Rose theater currently gets.

On top of that, as Braden and Dead! have said the location is terrible and on top of that they made it near impossible to get in and out of the place.

But, this is what happens when you let the city build an arena.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Brampton has been kind of trying to develop a "real" downtown in that Queen/Main streets area (as Dead! obviously mentioned) and had they built an area in that area instead of building just a theater I feel that this would have been more successful. I mean, forget the community rinks attached to the OHL rink idea and have the arena focus on trying to get those concerts and plays, ect that the Rose theater currently gets.

On top of that, as Braden and Dead! have said the location is terrible and on top of that they made it near impossible to get in and out of the place.

But, this is what happens when you let the city build an arena.

Or own for that matter. Victoria is a perfect example of why ver few minor pro teams call Royal Athletic Park home. The city charges outrages rates and keeps all concession revenue. That's why the Victoria Rebels moved out to Langford and are now called the West Shore Rebels and the Victoria Seals are no longer a part of the Golden Baseball League. In fact, the Seals stated that their lease at RAP was one of the main reasons why the team folded. It will be interesting to see what happens with this new Harbour Cats team and how long they can stand the lease set out by the city..

• 4 months later...

Have I expressed before how much I love those weird geometric QMJHL logos from the '70s?

1883.gif8rwez20g4jtfhojwcn8tiocy2.gif

3r7gho5mwsny8a23i2k5wxlfx.gifpnndnyo5teo819786uabdnd37.gif

There's such an interesting progressive aesthetic to these.

The the Tetris piece L. Saw a dude with a Mario Lemieux jersey from that team once. Very cool. Gonna miss the Battalion too, awesome jerseys.

1zgyd8w.jpg

https://www.facebook...03223613&type=1

Here's a few pics I took at the last Battalion game in Brampton.

You were there too? Where were you sitting?

I was. Section 6, just a few rows in front of the guy with the beard who was doing wolf howls all game.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I was. Section 6, just a few rows in front of the guy with the beard who was doing wolf howls all game.

Cool. I was in section 13, right behind the Battalion bench. I pity you for having to sit near that guy, he must have gotten annoying pretty quickly. I could hear him from where I was!

Cool. I was in section 13, right behind the Battalion bench. I pity you for having to sit near that guy, he must have gotten annoying pretty quickly. I could hear him from where I was!

He was damn annoying. Kind of strained the moment. He walked up to me at the end of the game and howled at me. I told him to get get lost. He made some comment about being a sore looser and I was like "yeah, my team is moving, of course I'm bitter".

Archived