The City of North Bay has approved an agreement in principle that is designed to allow the Brampton Battalion to relocate north in time for the 2013-14 Ontario Hockey League season.

North Bay was the home of the OHL's Centennials from 1982-2002, when the club moved south to become the Saginaw Spirit.

The deal is subject to approval by the OHL Board of Governors, and is contingent on the city of North Bay selling 2,000 season tickets in a community campaign.

lol at the last part. I wonder if they brought Count Bettman in to waggle his head and say "it's not necessarily impossible that if you don't not fail to not sell out, this isn't going to work."

Anyway, another GTA team bites the dust. This one was ten minutes down the street from Mississauga. They were on the same street! I think this is a good move on two levels, as 1) it's ultimately a better business plan for the OHL to cover Ontario population centers that aren't served by the NHL and AHL, and

2)

Brampton_Battalion.gif

THIS IS A TERRIBLE LOGO GUYS. I mean it's not the Sudbury Wolves, nothing is, but it needed to be redrawn pretty badly. I wonder if this means the return of the North Bay Centennials. Good name.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hated their logo, loved their identity otherwise. The olive green really worked for them, and it made them stand out like no other team.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Best uniforms and color scheme in junior hockey, by far.

Nah, the London Knights have the best identity in the juniors. I love that Rimouski Oceanic logo, too. Fleur-de-lis sharkboat.

The team leaving is the right move. They couldn't survive long term in Brampton.

The identity was pretty terrible, but it had a certain lame charm to it. I'll miss it for around five minutes after it's gone.

I miss the Montreal Juniors. That had such a nice timelessness to it. I have no love for the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada Featuring Herman Menderchuk and their Brooklynettes-esque sweaters.

I miss the Montreal Juniors. That had such a nice timelessness to it. I have no love for the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada Featuring Herman Menderchuk and their Brooklynettes-esque sweaters.

Generally speaking, I'm a fan of any look that tries to pay homage to the Maroons.

Have I expressed before how much I love those weird geometric QMJHL logos from the '70s?

1883.gif8rwez20g4jtfhojwcn8tiocy2.gif

3r7gho5mwsny8a23i2k5wxlfx.gifpnndnyo5teo819786uabdnd37.gif

There's such an interesting progressive aesthetic to these.

As do I. :(

That was a really cool arena they were in, too. Was a good experience for my first junior game... especially with the Gatineau fans going bat :censored: crazy in their corner like it was a soccer match. Sometimes I wish I lived in Canada to do nothing but travel around and watch junior hockey.

6fQjS3M.png

Sad, sad day.

Then again, I don't recall any game that I've been to that was a full house outside of the 1st nationally televised game (which they gave out free tickets so that the place would look good on TV) and the London games when John Tavares joined the club. Even the year that Brampton played Windsor in the OHL finals the building was not sold out and I think the traveling Windsor fans out numbered the Battalion fans 2 to 1.

I'm gonna miss having the Battalion, but I'll be one of few obviously.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

There really is. Which is why I think the Quebec Nordiques' igloo logo could work today. Aesthetically it just says "Quebec hockey."

The Expos' logo is another one to file under "abstract Quebecois design." Why do you suppose this is? Is it like a matter of trying to transcend language barriers or something?

The NFB's logo, Old_National_Film_Board_of_Canada_logo.png, fits this mold too, and was designed by a French-Canadian, so there you go. Brilliant logo, by the way.

The color scheme was definitely unique. That might be the best that can be said for it, lol.

The equipment suppliers will be happy, Brampton was the only one who ever ordered those olive green helmets, gloves, shells, etc. Our rep said they sell about 80 a year, all to the Battalion!

I'll just leave this here.

096c667687c96bf1.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived