NWSL Team Logos and Kits

Brian in Boston

Their Facebook page is sporting this...

155949_459911640713388_1507394434_a.jpg

I have no idea how "official" that is. I do know how "official" I hope it is: not at all.

You slick little devil...I see what you did there.

Completely unintentional, I assure you.

While there's been talk of FC Kansas City playing some matches at Sporting Kansas City's Livestrong Park, the women's team is actually owned by Chris Likens, Greg Likens, Brad Likens and Brian Budzinski - the owners of the Major Indoor Soccer League's Missouri Comets.

I'm also tracking most of the teams will play in smaller venues to keep costs down. I think Portland would be the only team using a MLS stadium.

I am not sure if all Thorns matches will be at Jeld Wen, or not.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

fckcnew.jpg

Well, that's certainly a major improvement over the original logo the team unveiled. I'd go so far as to say that it boosts FC Kansas City into fourth-place in my NWSL logo rankings, just squeaking past Sky Blue FC.

That said, in my opinion, everyone is trailing Portland and Seattle by a significant margin in the NWSL logo department.

Tie - 1) Portland Thorns FC

Tie - 1) Seattle Reign FC

3) Chicago Red Stars

4) FC Kansas City

Tie - 5) Boston Breakers

Tie - 5) Washington Spirit

7) Western New York Flash

The Western New York Flash are owned by the Sahlen Family of Buffalo, New York. In 2009, as the Buffalo Flash, they played at Orchard Park High School Stadium in Orchard Park, New York. In 2010, again as the Buffalo Flash, they played at the Demske Sports Complex at Canisius. They rebranded as the Western New York Flash when they joined Women's Professional Soccer and moved their matches to Rochester, New York in 2011.

IMHO the DC Spirit logo stands out as the worst of the bunch.

The Flash logo isn't terrible, but the Western New York font really hurts it.

Glad KC redid theirs.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Their Facebook page is sporting this...

155949_459911640713388_1507394434_a.jpg

I have no idea how "official" that is. I do know how "official" I hope it is: not at all.

You slick little devil...I see what you did there.

Completely unintentional, I assure you.

While there's been talk of FC Kansas City playing some matches at Sporting Kansas City's Livestrong Park, the women's team is actually owned by Chris Likens, Greg Likens, Brad Likens and Brian Budzinski - the owners of the Major Indoor Soccer League's Missouri Comets.

I'm also tracking most of the teams will play in smaller venues to keep costs down. I think Portland would be the only team using a MLS stadium.

I am not sure if all Thorns matches will be at Jeld Wen, or not.

Well, with 3k season ticket deposits down so far I feel they would have to. Merlo Field at U of P only seats just under 5k, and Portland has no midsized stadiums around 10k seats. Hillsboro stadium seats 7.5k, but is not close to anything really... so jeld wen is the only logical choice.

• 3 weeks later...

Better than their first effort, but waaaay too much going on. Drop the Nationals-knockoff "DC", get rid of the puzzling ball talons, and you've got something serviceable. As it stands, this is three identity concepts crammed together and set on "frappe".

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived