Army/Navy/Air Force Football

JCRGraphix

As a member of the Army, I have always kind of liked the USMA (even though their football team is godawful!). So, a while back I decided to come up with some ideas for football uniforms for them. I ended up making some for the Army, Navy, and Air Force. I'll start with the Army, since they're my favorite!

The Army is currently using cool modern camo uniforms as their alternate, so I decided to expand on this. The uniforms I designed represent the uniforms the Army wore at different periods in its history.

World War II (1941-1945)

army1.jpg

Korean War (1950-1953)

army2.jpg

Vietnam War (1955-1975)

army3.jpg

Persian Gulf War (1990-1991)

army4.jpg

Today (Dress Blues)

army5.jpg

What do you think?

Next in this series is the U.S. Naval Academy. The first one I did, reflects the fact that the Marine Corps also trains its officers at the U.S. Naval Academy, and even though, they are a much manlier service (though not quite as good as the Army), the Navy never really shows that.

navy3.jpg

The next one is based on the Navy's black uniform, which is one of the classiest they have.

navy4.jpg

The other ones I did were just standard uniforms that I think would look good. What do you think?

navy1.jpg

navy2.jpg

The theme of these uniforms is "Air Power" and the represent some of the famous planes in the history of the Air Force.

The Flying Tigers were an American volunteer group from WW2 that helped defend China from the Imperial Japanese forces. They're pretty interseting, you should check them out on wikipedia!

airforce1.jpg

The B-29 was the biggest baddest bomber of WW2. In fact, a B29 carried the atom bombs that ended the war. This design is based on the raw metal design of the B-29 with invasion stripes.

airforce2.jpg

Americans have always prided themselves on being the biggest, fastest, and strongest and perhaps one of the events that exemplified this most was when we broke the sound barrier with the X-1.

airforce3.jpg

The SR-71 exemplified the stealthiness and sneakiness of the cold war. It flew higher and faster than anything else, and was not detectable by anything at the time.

airforce4.jpg

That's it for this series. Thoughts?

I like the history lesson behind all the uniforms. It makes for some interesting uniforms. I like that a lot! Great job, very creative concepts. But show more of the helmet logo? Like a side view of it? I'd love to see the logos on the helmets. Great job.

Army: I'm somewhat partial to the WWII uni, if only because my grandpa served. Really though, not a bad one in the batch.

Navy: I get what you're going for with the first two, but honestly, the dress blacks are the best of a rather underwhelming bunch. I probably would've simply used plain block instead for the numbers, but that's just me.

Air Force: like Army, not a bad one in the bunch...part of me's leaning towards the stealth set, the rest of me loves the Flying Tigers set. Hey, it worked wonders for Lakeland.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Great work. I love all of these, but this is my favorite:

airforce1.jpg

One of the best unis I've ever seen on this board.

BTW, during WWII the Flying Tigers were integrated into the Army Air Forces, becoming the 23rd Pursuit Group. Today they're the 23rd Wing based at Moody AFB, Georgia. And yes, they still wear the famous sharkmouth:

Then:

aasmithO.jpg

Now:

SM%2000091%20Fairchild%20A-10%20Thunderbolt%20II%20Warthog%20USAF%20George%20AFB%20August%201987%20by%20Peter%20J%20Mancus-M.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I like the US Army #1(World War II ) unis, as well as the Air Force 3# (B-29 with invasion stripes) unis.

I always thought it would be nice if the US Coast Guard Academy would move their football program to the FBS, and be in competition for the Commander in Chief Trophy.

Archived