2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

Clay Matthews would seem to be an ideal Tampa-2 linebacker, but why would anyone run something as exposed as the Tampa-2 nowadays? That the Packers exploited the Tampa-2 so well is why they're even in a position to hire Lovie Smith in the first place.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updated draft order:

01 = Kansas City

02 = Jacksonville

03 = Oakland

04 = Philadelphia

05 = Detroit

06 = Cleveland

07 = Arizona

08 = Buffalo

09 = N.Y. Jets

10 = Tennessee

11 = San Diego

12 = Miami

13 = Tampa Bay

14 = Carolina

15 = New Orleans

16 = St. Louis

17 = Pittsburgh

18 = Dallas

19 = N.Y. Giants

20 = Chicago

21 = Cincinnati

22 = St. Louis (from WSH)

23 = Minnesota

24 = Indianapolis

25 = Seattle

26 = Green Bay

27 = Houston

28 = Denver

Shoot, these days you may as well add Tampa back onto that list...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Is he on anyone's s*** list?

If not, I'm sure some team desperate for a half-decent defense may take a flyer on him. I mean hell, Rob Ryan keeps getting hired...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

CFL fans. I caught two games this year so I know nothing of the CFL. The Jags are working out QB Mike Reilly. Are the Jags on to something or are they going to give him a "Don't call us, we'll call you" after the workout?

Woody Johnson is a terrible owner. He plays favorites, meddles in the football operation and openly says he's rather see his party's presidential candidate be elected than his team win games.

No wonder they can't get a GM. Why would a candidate with any other options agree to be saddled with a coach he might not want, a series of quarterbacks nobody wants and an owner who only cares about winning the back pages, not games?

Alouettes coach Marc Trestman and Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell are the finalists for the Bears coaching job. Trestman is the favorite.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Bears will never not be the Bears. I'm sure a guy who hasn't coached in any capacity in the NFL for like seven years comes way cheaper than one who has!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

CFL fans. I caught two games this year so I know nothing of the CFL. The Jags are working out QB Mike Reilly. Are the Jags on to something or are they going to give him a "Don't call us, we'll call you" after the workout?

Well, Warren Moon and Doug Flutie are two very famous CFL alums at the QB position. But I imagine it's not a high percentage scenario chance to work out.

For a second, I almost thought I had read CB, not QB, which would've been so much easier for me, since Brandon Browner came from the CFL recently and was in the Pro Bowl the next season.

spacer.png

or am i just ignorant?

^

I think Trestman's a worthwhile "experiment" for the Bears, if they choose to go in that direction.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Mike Reilly was the BC Lions backup QB so I'm a little confused how he got a tryout with an NFL team. He did play a few games last season and did alright in them.

I wouldn't be too upset if the Eagles hired Gus Bradley. Bradley's blitz schemes rarely worked and he made some terrible play calls late in games that cost the Seahawks. Losing Bevell would hurt a bit more because of its impact on Wilson continued development.

I think Bevell's adaptation to Russell Wilson and crafting an offense that benefits him has been one of the best developments in the NFL this season. Honest to God, Russell Wilson did not look very good early in the season, just from the eye test, and I wasn't sure making him the starter during pre-season was the best decision. How he played the past few weeks (especially yesterday) was a night-and-day difference from the early season Wilson, and Darrell Bevell deserves a lot of credit for that.

spacer.png

Well, Warren Moon and Doug Flutie are two very famous CFL alums at the QB position. But I imagine it's not a high percentage scenario chance to work out.

For a second, I almost thought I had read CB, not QB, which would've been so much easier for me, since Brandon Browner came from the CFL recently and was in the Pro Bowl the next season.

speaking of doug flutie:

there are always guys you want to see win, he was one of them.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived