2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

Report: Cleveland Browns to hire Panthers OC Rob Chudzinski as their new head coach.

The BROWNS just hired a guy named CHUD. Good god, Cleveland. Swing and a(nother) miss!

The guy was just hired today and he's already a failure? Good one.

You should remember he was their OC for one season.

If he "interviews well" or remembered the names of the administrative staff and gave someone flowers for her upcoming birthday, good for him. If he was able to give a vision which Haslam and the other executives agreed should be the vision for the team...good for him.

He needs the ability to hire assistants, and faith from the owner to win*.

*However, I think that the newer NFL owners will be more like NHL owners in less patience for coaching staff. Hopefully, not to the point of the EPL, La Liga or Serie A since the teams will use TV money after 2014 as just their bankroll for coaches and staffs if they fail after one or two seasons.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jags have their first coaching interview. Rams, how do you like Brian Shottenheimer?

Please don't take him.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Report: Cleveland Browns to hire Panthers OC Rob Chudzinski as their new head coach.

The BROWNS just hired a guy named CHUD. Good god, Cleveland. Swing and a(nother) miss!

The guy was just hired today and he's already a failure? Good one.

You should remember he was their OC for one season.

If he "interviews well" or remembered the names of the administrative staff and gave someone flowers for her upcoming birthday, good for him. If he was able to give a vision which Haslam and the other executives agreed should be the vision for the team...good for him.

He needs the ability to hire assistants, and faith from the owner to win*.

*However, I think that the newer NFL owners will be more like NHL owners in less patience for coaching staff. Hopefully, not to the point of the EPL, La Liga or Serie A since the teams will use TV money after 2014 as just their bankroll for coaches and staffs if they fail after one or two seasons.

He was able to make Derek Anderson a pro bowler. The offense needed improvement, and they got an offensive coach. But I won't be biased and say it was an amazing hire or anything, like most people around here would. I do believe that management will keep him in place for a long time.

He was able to make Derek Anderson a pro bowler.

So that qualifies him to become an NFL head coach..... Right.

Chud to Cleveland is a terrible terrible terrible hire. They should've just kept Shurmur if they were going to bring in another no-name dud. Why the hell not hire Marty Schottenheimer? Bring him back to Cleveland. That would have been a nice change for the team, welcomed by fans, instead of hiring another coordinator who hasn't proven a damn thing in the league.

6uXNWAo.png

For what it's worth Chud is bring Norv Turner with him to be his OC.

I think it could be worth something.

Turner I see as the offensive Wade Phillips. I don't want him being the head coach of my team, but I have no issue with him coaching the offense and just focusing on that and I do see alot of potential with the Browns offense.

They may need to go out and get a new QB but I think they have a decent offense line and a stud running back already in place. They still need some work, but they already have some parts in place to be at least a decent offense.

Lots of smoke but no fire about the Bears informally hiring Marc Trestman. He interviewed for 8-ish hours with Phil Emery the other day and Jimmy Johnson tweeted a loosely worded confirmation of him being hired. That being said they've still got interviews lined up. *shrug*

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I've always wondered this, what do they talk about in these marathon coaching interviews?

I interviewed for a job where the interview lasted 2 hours and I was fatigued by the end of it. I didn't get the job.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I absolutely cannot stand the cleveland sh1ts but I do want them to be competative so Steeler-brownies games would mean something to the standings aswell. So maybe they should look into Matt Leinart or Matt Flynn.

Now that we have the one for the thumb, the other hand looks lonely........GO STEELERS

I've always wondered this, what do they talk about in these marathon coaching interviews?

How can you be expected to work 23-hour days if you can't even make it through an eight-hour interview?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

How can you be expected to work 23-hour days if you can't even make it through an eight-hour interview?

They talk about all areas of the team, from personnel to training techniques to offensive/defensive schemes.

The prospective hire studies the entire organization and lays out for them where he sees the strengths and weaknesses, who he'd build around and who he'd cut. A good coach can talk for hours about that.

What it means is that the Bears, in interviewing twenty candidates, are essentially scoping for some free consulting services. :P

Hey, teams are lining up for Mike McCoy because he made Delhomme, Tebow and Kyle Orton look good... :P

Chud to Cleveland is a terrible terrible terrible hire. They should've just kept Shurmur if they were going to bring in another no-name dud. Why the hell not hire Marty Schottenheimer? Bring him back to Cleveland. That would have been a nice change for the team, welcomed by fans, instead of hiring another coordinator who hasn't proven a damn thing in the league.

If you want to see a failed hire, Marty Schottenheimer would be that. How many times does he have to prove he can only win regular season games before people finally give up on the idea of him being some great coach?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived