The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Actually, I saw somewhere that Winnipeg's travel last year wasn't out of line with what you'd expect it to be, and that they actually save air miles by going to play all the northeastern teams. Plus people seem to like all the 6 p.m. road starts. So their travel isn't all that bad. Their roster, however, is mostly bad.

I'd like to say that the de facto home games for the Rangers and Devils (we're excluding the Islanders because let's be real) will greatly help their conditioning and make them odds-on favorites, but then they'll just get to the first round of the playoffs and lose to crappy teams who allow 58 shots on goal + countless blocked shots and still win because hockey makes no sense.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard $50 for Gamecenter. Justifying that would mean watching a whole lot of Jets, Oilers, Islanders, whoever else I want to keep an eye on. But I'm also reading that lots of people are cancelling in disgust, so maybe I'll hold out till Friday to see if they take a few bucks off.

They're starting hot with everyone having torn up the AHL but will ultimately finish fourth. Sure hope not, but that division did get tough over the summer, huh.

I'd like to say that the de facto home games for the Rangers and Devils (we're excluding the Islanders because let's be real) will greatly help their conditioning and make them odds-on favorites, but then they'll just get to the first round of the playoffs and lose to crappy teams who allow 58 shots on goal + countless blocked shots and still win because hockey makes no sense.

The Devils aren't going anywhere this season. They're stacked on the blueline but who's going to score for them?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Kovalchuk, Elias, Clarkson, Henrique. It's not Murderer's Row On Ice but they should get enough support to win close or go to shootouts.

Dont forget about Travis Zajak

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

All the Devils need to do is survive the season and they will be dangerous in the playoffs.

Well, yeah. After all, last season was the first time since 2007 that New Jersey escaped the first round (despite being the higher seed three times in that span), and needed two OT victories to get past an awful Panthers team, at that...

spacer.png

Really, the only shoe-ins are:

Pittsburgh

NY Rangers

Boston

Los Angeles

Philadelphia

Vancouver

St. Louis

The only teams that have no shot at making the playoffs are Columbus, NYI and Winnipeg.

So there are 20 teams that have a realistic shot at filling 9 playoff spots.

I would not consider Philadelphia a shoe in, they have many problems on defense and goaltending.

Dont sleep on the Islanders either.

I would add Anaheim, Toronto and Calgary as teams that have no shot

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Really, the only shoe-ins are:

Pittsburgh

NY Rangers

Boston

Los Angeles

Philadelphia

Vancouver

St. Louis

The only teams that have no shot at making the playoffs are Columbus, NYI and Winnipeg.

So there are 20 teams that have a realistic shot at filling 9 playoff spots.

I would not consider Philadelphia a shoe in, they have many problems on defense and goaltending.

Dont sleep on the Islanders either.

I would add Anaheim, Toronto and Calgary as teams that have no shot

The Flyers do have problems on defense but I don't think its enough to keep them out of the playoffs. My bold prediction is that Bryz will have a solid year now that he's adjusted to a large market. The Flyers should get in the playoffs but I think there a one and done kind of team.

Archived