The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lombardi goes back to Phoenix for a conditional pick (4th rounder, becomes a 3rd if he re-signs).

A 4th out of Lebda? What a steal!

(And Franson, too. But he was pretty irreleveant last year after continuously being scratched in favour of Burkie's Boy, Komisarek. Hopefully they'll actually give him the shot he deserves this year.)

Also, that coupled with Connolly's demotion means that LACK is 75% gone.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Vishnovsky has been suspended by the Islanders because he wouldn't report. And now because of the agreement in place between the NHL and KHL, he won't be allowed to play in the latter league either.

So he's willing to put his career on hold because he was traded to the Islanders? Really?

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

http://www.suntimes....dy-to-roll.html

“I don’t think the owners or the players should have to apologize for going through a collective-bargaining process,” said Wirtz, an investor in the Sun-Times’ parent company, Wrapports LLC. “Labor is labor, and that’s just the way it is. It might be very distasteful for the fans, but, unfortunately, when you have unions involved, that’s the process you have to go through.”

“I don’t think there should be any apologies,” Wirtz said. “It’s unfortunate it took this long, but it is what it is. And what we have to do is move forward, not look back.”

But off the ice, there’s still a long climb ahead, Wirtz said. The Hawks are a model franchise — a big-time team in a big-time city with 190 consecutive sellouts at the cavernous United Center (the Hawks said they’ve gained 250 fans on the season-ticket waiting list during the lockout). A beer can run a fan $12. Parking costs $25. Tickets cost anywhere between $27 and $450.

Yet Wirtz said they’re still a money-losing venture, citing Chicago’s sky-high city and amusement taxes and parking taxes.

If you just had a sudden vision of your team not televising home games, congratulations, you've been a Blackhawks fan since before 2007.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

“I don’t think there should be any apologies,”

:censored: that.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Was so pumped to hear hockey was back and was excited about heading to some Bruins games this season.

Until I saw the price of a ticket....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Was so pumped to hear hockey was back and was excited about heading to some Bruins games this season.

That's pretty much my stance, too. Phily raised their ticket prices this year. It's I think $85 for the top row of the arena, then goes up per row (I'm sure it's by sets of rows, but it's stupid either way). I'm sure other teams have higher prices, but I refuse to drop $100 (after fees and whatever) to see a team that I don't even like.

So Wirtz owns part of the S-T and has a business relationship with the Trib. We're just skull:censored:ing the concept of journalism at this point.

And Wrapports is kicking the tires on the Tribune, too! Neat, huh?

/searches liquor cabinet for hemlock

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The S-T is like the St. Louis Blues of newspapers. It's never not on the verge of death, yet someone always comes around to save it. When this "Wrapports" concern falls apart, I expect them to be bought by whoever makes all those little suburban papers no one reads (and no, not the Daily Herald, my guys!).

EDIT: oh crap this is actually what just happened

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That's pretty much my stance, too. Phily raised their ticket prices this year. It's I think $85 for the top row of the arena, then goes up per row (I'm sure it's by sets of rows, but it's stupid either way). I'm sure other teams have higher prices, but I refuse to drop $100 (after fees and whatever) to see a team that I don't even like.

Funny, because the Leafs, of all teams are giving away 1 000 free tickets to their home opener and the season tickets holders (15 000+) will receive their tickets for free. On top of that, they're also giving out free drinks and free scarves among other promotions.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived