The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would add Anaheim

To think Anaheim has no shot would be foolish. The team right now on paper is even better than the 2010-11 team, and if Palmieri, Holland, and/or Bonino breakout, this could be a pretty good team. I'm not saying they're a shoe in for the playoffs, but they are far from a team with no shot.

No team with their core has no shot. My concern is how they hold up over a condensed schedule, since Getzlaf and Perry get so much checking-line duty in addition to a traditional scoring line. I can see them faltering down the stretch, so they'll have to win early.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

No team with their core has no shot. My concern is how they hold up over a condensed schedule, since Getzlaf and Perry get so much checking-line duty in addition to a traditional scoring line. I can see them faltering down the stretch, so they'll have to win early.

They're usually very good down the stretch, so I don't think they'll have a problem holding up, as long as they're performing to expectations in the first place.

I honestly think all the teams have a chance at the playoffs, that includes Columbus and the Islanders. Just can't fall asleep for a couple of weeks or else you're probably done.

The Blue Jackets will play good defense so they'll have a fighting chance to not be as horrible as they were last year. I just don't know who's gonna score for them. Cam Atkinson?

I have a $10 bet with a friend on who will win more games, the Blue Jackets or the Cavs. I think the CBJ has a good chance even in a season almost half as short. They're only 9 games back right now :upside: .

Yeah, Atkinson I suppose. But hey, winning games 1-0 is a legitimate option, right? :P

6fQjS3M.png

The problem with the Ducks is if they get off to a slow start will there be a sell off in Anaheim, I can also see the Flames having a pardon the pun big fire sale that will send Jarome Iginla to a contender for the playoffs.

As for the Islanders watch out for them this year, I think John Tavares is going to have a monster season and will be in the Top five in scoring.

]

True...Tavares is a beast and is still years from his prime. But, every year I say they'll be an 8th seed, and every year they finish 14th or 15th. Losing Parenteau didn't help, and their goaltending situation is a joke. If they can regroup themselves this year, I see them being a solid team next year.

It all depends on there goaltending core. Montoya's gone, so who is there best prospect? Anders Nilson could be a help, but is he ready?

On the bright side, everybody has brought life into this otherwise-moribund sub-forum.

The problem with the Ducks is if they get off to a slow start will there be a sell off in Anaheim, I can also see the Flames having a pardon the pun big fire sale that will send Jarome Iginla to a contender for the playoffs.

As for the Islanders watch out for them this year, I think John Tavares is going to have a monster season and will be in the Top five in scoring.

]

True...Tavares is a beast and is still years from his prime. But, every year I say they'll be an 8th seed, and every year they finish 14th or 15th. Losing Parenteau didn't help, and their goaltending situation is a joke. If they can regroup themselves this year, I see them being a solid team next year.

It all depends on there goaltending core. Montoya's gone, so who is there best prospect? Anders Nilson could be a help, but is he ready?

Is Nabokov still there? He's a decent goalie, it just depends on what type of season he has.

sig.png

So hey, now that the ink has almost dried on the new CBA, let's talk about collusion.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

No one seems to be in any particular rush to sign or offer-sheet Subban, Benn, or O'Reilly, that's all

8 years, $46 million for Travis Zajac. The owners simply can not operate in a financially viable manner under this current agreement.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

No one seems to be in any particular rush to sign or offer-sheet Subban, Benn, or O'Reilly, that's all

Hmm, do the Habs, Stars, and Avs have Crusty Old Hockey Guys for longtime baseball executives to fire? That always speeds up the ol' offer sheet! Maybe they're all afraid of Brian Burke, loyal to no team, roaming the continent looking for a barn fight.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, offer sheets are kind of the Mutually Assured Destruction of the NHL (hi, Shea Weber and to a much lesser extent, Niklas Hjalmarsson!), so I don't think it's out of the question for front offices to quietly agree not to extend offer sheets to potentially benefit union members and harm their competitors, and there is a word for that.

Oh yeah, somewhere I forgot in my Blackhawks mini-preview that Crawford and Emery can't stop a nosebleed. Gonna have to score a lot, guys!

I think we pretty much knew that in light of the OT goals surrendered to Phoenix.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived