The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm excited to see all of the new talent tonight in the Red vs. White Minnesota Wild scrimmage, which is apparently sold out (tickets were free, but still...). Are any other teams holding intrasquad scrimmages before their first games this weekend?

With the Wings playing only Western conference opponents, I get to ***** about scheduling and conference alignment... Right? B)

Only if you do so after losses and during the playoffs.

No one seems to be in any particular rush to sign or offer-sheet Subban, Benn, or O'Reilly, that's all

8 years, $46 million for Travis Zajac. The owners simply can not operate in a financially viable manner under this current agreement.

I'm excited to see all of the new talent tonight in the Red vs. White Minnesota Wild scrimmage, which is apparently sold out (tickets were free, but still...). Are any other teams holding intrasquad scrimmages before their first games this weekend?

Pens had one tonight. Pretty much a packed house.

oBIgzrL.png

Blackhawks had one tonight at the United Center. Closed to the public. Papa Bill would have been proud.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The scariest thing about this season, is that while there are certain teams such as Columbus that you are pretty much assured will miss the playoffs, making the playoffs is no guarantee. I think everyone is in danger of missing the playoffs this year. One injury or a bad start and you're screwed. A lot of people are talking about the Kings repeating and I don't even think it's a guarantee that they make the playoffs. If Kopitar's injury becomes problematic and Quick's back acts up, they become very vulnerable, because truthfully, Jonathan Bernier is still unproven. It's scary to sit there and think that the defending Cup champ could miss the playoffs. There's no safety net of an 82 game schedule, you have to win and win now. The playoffs begin Saturday.

Exactly.

Like I said in an earlier post, any team from 2-14 in the West could just as easily make the playoffs as they could miss them. (My exceptions being Vancouver at the top and Columbus at the bottom.) What the hell is a team like Colorado going to be? Or Phoenix? Or Anaheim? Or what if Minnesota doesn't gel right off? Making standings predictions are almost pointless right now, and there are some places trying to make predictions for trophies and MVP. How the :censored: is anyone supposed to know who is going to win the Hart (outside the normal Malkin, Crosby, Stamkos predictions) or for god's sake the Richard trophy? How many guys lead the league in goals or points after 48 games finish a normal year there? And even think of the starts teams like Toronto or Dallas had last year. Instead of missing the playoffs like last year, those early jumps could cushion them to a playoff berth.

This season is going to be so nutty.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

This season is going to be so nutty.

It's going to be a hell of a ride, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm going to see the Habs scrimmage tonight, and yeah it's free too. I wonder if all 30 teams are having one.

Bruins held a Black / White scrimmage with the Providence Bruins, to a packed TD Garden (free tickets and concessions). Ended up taking an L to thier AHL team, 7-5. ;p

Looking forward to getting the opportunity to watch insane amounts of hockey, since TWC is providing a free viewing of NHL Center Ice from Jan. 19 - 31. I've only casually watched / learned the game for the past two seasons, looking forward to finally putting in work to become a solid fan...

I'm going to see the Habs scrimmage tonight, and yeah it's free too. I wonder if all 30 teams are having one.

Ducks just held a scrimmage at their practice facility yesterday before flying to Vancouver today. (2-1 win by the black team with goals from Selanne and Cogliano, not that it matters) They held their first practice at the Pond on Sunday with free hot dogs and what not.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Sign that there's new management running the CBJ?

They sent Boone Jenner, 2011 second round pick, back to the OHL for the season despite all reports saying he was NHL ready and impressive in camp. In years past they would've brought him up in a heartbeat. (see: Gilbert Brule, Ryan Johansen)

I have no problem with it either. This team has tried everything when it's come to developing talent except patience.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived