The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the love of God is the NHL's IT department staffed by former players or something? Why have nhl.com and Gamecenter been crashing all day? Are they new to this whole "people following your sport" thing? Did they stop paying their server bills because the players are still making too much money for Bob Batterman's tastes? This garage league pats itself on the back about having the most tech-savvy fanbase and they can't even run their own website on opening night. OITGDNHL

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

To any "so-called" Kings fan, shut your mouth. Period. No one wants to hear from you. You gain respect by shutting your mouth, learning the game and the history of the team, and not saying anything until you're spoken to in year 5 of your fandomness.

I see the Lightning and Capitals are up to their old tricks, with a 3-3 game filled with alternating goals.

Gotta say that it's odd how this is the first day of the season, but doesn't feel like it at all. I know why that is, but it's odd nonetheless.

And the Caps fall flat in the third, giving up three goals; and lose to the Bolts, 6-3.

The Red Wings have 7 (yes, SEVEN) shots through 2 periods. Down 4-0, and it looks like Bert gave the entire team mono. Kyle Quincey is Jonathan Ericsson 2.0, and no amount of Nick Lidström would help this defense. Still frustrated by the "stand pat" attitude the front office took this off season, and now all those holes are being exposed. Hope this is first game crap and not an ongoing theme for 2013...

Not sure why I missed this.

I see the Lightning and Capitals are up to their old tricks, with a 3-3 game filled with alternating goals.

Gotta say that it's odd how this is the first day of the season, but doesn't feel like it at all. I know why that is, but it's odd nonetheless.

And the Caps fall flat in the third, giving up three goals; and lose to the Bolts, 6-3.

And the Lightning's home winning streak (or, Capitals losing streak in Tampa) reaches six.

Twelve penalties called in that game. Goes to show how sloppy both teams really were.

spacer.png

To any "so-called" Kings fan, shut your mouth. Period. No one wants to hear from you. You gain respect by shutting your mouth, learning the game and the history of the team, and not saying anything until you're spoken to in year 5 of your fandomness.

DRINK PLEDGE!

------------------------------------------------

Oh and the Blues are taking it to Detroit. Happy day!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

First shootout of the year brought to you by who else but the Nashville Predators.

I think Columbus being involved in the game also helped. There are 15 points that need to be divided up between these two teams, so they need to get cracking.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I liked how the Kings brought the cup in and skated it one lap around the ice with players handing it off. Has that been done before?

I think the Bruins did the same thing last year, handing the Cup off to each other in the same order they did after Game 7 in Vancouver.....

Man, I didn't realize just how much I missed Saturday Night Hockey. Sure, the Marlies were fun to watch, but it just wasn't the same. Great to see the Leafs back and to win on the road against the Habs.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

If you haven't seen Lundqvist's sick save, here it is.

You gotta admire just how lightning-fast the spotlight went off. Whoever's in charge of that is a master.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived