The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

This was going to happen at some point. Rather it happen now and get their lumps, figure out a sense of self-realization and maybe call up some hogs that aren't named Bollig. Stir the pot up a tad, shake around lines a little, roll some dice. Various sports metaphors.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It must be because they're taking the news that they won't have Detroit in their conference anymore pretty hard. I know it's an emotional time in Chicago now. Long distance relatationships are tough. Believe me, I know.

This was going to happen at some point. Rather it happen now and get their lumps, figure out a sense of self-realization and maybe call up some hogs that aren't named Bollig. Stir the pot up a tad, shake around lines a little, roll some dice. Various sports metaphors.

I know that the AHL is the AHL, but Jimmy Hayes has been running over a point a night down there since the NHL season started and had a hat trick last night. Fine, he might be the next coming of Darren Haydar, but tell me how even that wouldn't be an improvement over Brandon Bollig.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Objects in your rear-view mirrors are closer than they appear, Chicago.

Ducks are 6 points back with two games in hand. 11 wins in a row at home. Impressively resilient comeback win against St. Louis tonight. Need to bank some points on this quick three game roadie (Wild, Stars, Blues) coming up before this next stretch: Sharks, Blackhawks, Red Wings, Red Wings, Sharks, @Sharks, @Blackhawks, @Beej.

Yikes. (Im excited)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I want to vent about the officiating, but that would take too long. Here's a summary: It's not getting better, only worse all around the league. It's also inconsistent from game to game.

Anyway...

Sharks saved a point (Seriously let Stalock play a game or two, Niemi has not looked right the last two games). Marleau scored #400, what a crazy game in Chicago!

The Blackhawks were due for a let down. In fact, they were overdue. If these two losses had happened during say a 15-6-3 run, would anyone even be talking about it? Abandon ship after they drop five or six in a row.

BB52Big.jpg

I know that the AHL is the AHL, but Jimmy Hayes has been running over a point a night down there since the NHL season started and had a hat trick last night. Fine, he might be the next coming of Darren Haydar, but tell me how even that wouldn't be an improvement over Brandon Bollig.

The only thing Bollig has over either Hayes, Morin or Pirri is his that his locker is still warm. Hayes has been hot lately (put up something like...5 points in one game the other day?!), Morin arguably should be in the bottom six of the NHL roster by now if concussions hadn't derailed him, and Pirri's only had cups of coffee.

Bollig punches guys in the face, that is all he'll ever do. He's a smaller John Scott who can skate a little better and hasn't had his egg scrambled as often. I know it's easy to bitch about him since he's so one-dimensional but considering the lack of depth and the team's odd insistence on keeping him out of Rockford over more versatile talent, it's become a pressing complaint that needs to be addressed as top 6 guys get hurt.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Ducks are 6 points back with two games in hand. 11 wins in a row at home. Impressively resilient comeback win against St. Louis tonight. Need to bank some points on this quick three game roadie (Wild, Stars, Blues) coming up before this next stretch: Sharks, Blackhawks, Red Wings, Red Wings, Sharks, @Sharks, @Blackhawks, @Beej.

Yikes. (Im excited)

How about that? The "Beej" are included in an important "stretch." Jackets Fever, bitches! :hockeysmiley:

BB52Big.jpg

Yikes. (Im excited)

How about that? The "Beej" are included in an important "stretch." Jackets Fever, bitches! :hockeysmiley:

It's a fatal diagnosis :lol:

I just added them for emphasis :P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Yikes. (Im excited)

It's a fatal diagnosis :lol:

I just added them for emphasis :P

We'll talk after the Jackets send your team and it's weak-ass uniforms back to Anaheim with a loss on the 31st. Then we're going to get that seven seed in the playoffs and pull off the first round upset. (Yeah, I said it. The 7th seed. We're not kidding around this time.) You better hope we don't get the Ducks in round one because someone is going down - pun fully intended - in the playoffs against the "Beej." :hockeysmiley:

BB52Big.jpg

Vancouver is technically 8th. (Well still being tied for the NW lead) Columbus is four points out of a playoff spot and Calgary is dead last in the West. Crazy 24 hours, eh!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Goodbye Canucks, I'm done. You have no idea how hard it was actually supporting this disgraceful team of whining, bitiing, entitled divers. Not sure who I'm going to cheer for but my days of supporting the Canucks are over. Good riddance!

Don't do that.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Goodbye Canucks, I'm done. You have no idea how hard it was actually supporting this disgraceful team of whining, bitiing, entitled divers. Not sure who I'm going to cheer for but my days of supporting the Canucks are over. Good riddance!

I think CS85 had that Ron Burgundy picture hanging around some where. Well that escalated quickly..

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Don't do that.

It's done... Congrats on having a real team with heart and passion that actually want's to win a cup. You guys deserved to win the 2011 series... only reason the Canucks won was because of a lucky bounce. They never had any heart or desire to be champions... If they did, they would be champions.

I think CS85 had that Ron Burgundy picture hanging around some where. Well that escalated quickly..

cEy90ly.jpg

hrmH6.gif

twitter

Don't do that.

It's done... Congrats on having a real team with heart and passion that actually want's to win a cup. You guys deserved to win the 2011 series... only reason the Canucks won was because of a lucky bounce. They never had any heart or desire to be champions... If they did, they would be champions.

So what? Do you want to be a bandwagon fan of another team? Do you want to see the Canucks go the way of other teams whose fans wuss out when the team's not winning? Man up and stick with the team through the good and the bad. When they succeed, your perseverance will be worthwhile.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived