The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Columbus falls short on the back-end of the SoCal jig, as the Kings clinch a winning season with a 2-1 victory at Staples.

Great; if the Jackets miss the playoffs, then some people are gonna spew their grunting at the Kings for ending their critical winning streak.

Don't worry, we'll take care of the Stars on Sunday. That'll stem some of the sting from the Jackets' loss tonight.

Okay, the Happy Scrappy Hero Pups lost, I hope we're all gonna get through the night okay.

Fantastic Clerks reference!

As long as Vancouver does its job on Saturday night and the Stars take care of business on the last night of the season the Jackets will be in the playoffs.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

We still need to win 2 out of the last 3 to have a chance. Remember, the CBJ don't hold the tiebreaker against Detroit.

I kind of expected to lose to LA. 5th game in 7 nights, 4th game on the road. They looked (understandably) gassed.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I was just thinking about the US anthem, and how it is sung before most contests. Don't people think that the "bombs bursting in air" line in particular might be a little insensitive at a time like this?

I was just thinking about the US anthem, and how it is sung before most contests. Don't people think that the "bombs bursting in air" line in particular might be a little insensitive at a time like this?

DGv7oR5.gif

C'mon. It's a friggin' song describing the battle for liberty that's centuries old now.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That line will never be insensitive given the context of the song. It was written in Francis Scott Key's patriotic euphoria during the War of 1812 seeing the American flag withstanding a massive British attack.

Sure, remove the context and it might seem a tad bit off given current events. But it will never be inappropriate with all things considered.

spacer.png

No listen to the song, it is a story of the attack on Fort McHenry in Baltimore during the war of 1812. The British told hostages including Francis Scott Key that by the time you wake up the flag at the fort will be gone. However despite the Brits shelling the flag stood through the night and was still waiving. Despite the bombs on Monday Boston still is Boston despite what happened.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

No listen to the song, it is a story of the attack on Fort McHenry in Baltimore during the war of 1812. The British told hostages including Francis Scott Key that by the time you wake up the flag at the fort will be gone. However despite the Brits shelling the flag stood through the night and was still waiving. Despite the bombs on Monday Boston still is Boston despite what happened.

Did FOX News teach you that Francis Scott Key was a hostage or...?

6fQjS3M.png

Red Sox have postponed their game tonight. I presume the Bruins would follow suit, though it's easier to reschedule a Baseball game over a Hockey game, seeing as the Bruins have already had one moved this week.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Postponed to Saturday at 12:30 PM EDT.

…But don't the Penguins have to play Buffalo, in Pittsburgh, six and a half hours later?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Postponed to Saturday at 12:30 PM EDT.

…But don't the Penguins have to play Buffalo, in Pittsburgh, six and a half hours later?

That one is moved to Tuesday.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived