The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the game. Great energy, building was packed, lots of talent in the stands, game was marred by a TERRIBLE call that I don't think gets called on anyone but the Blue Jackets.

By the way the new scoreboard at nationwide arena is incredible. I found myself watching it when I didn't even need to.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I was at the game. Great energy

I missed this. Arena was dead as a doornail to me when they weren't booing the ridiculous no-goal. Maybe CSN forgot to mic the crowd the way they forgot to put penalty clocks up on the screen. Bad night for production as well as the team.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I wouldn't be surprised. Foley and Olczyk sounded like they were broadcasting out of a tin shed the whole night. Second straight game the audio's been like that. And I thought there were major lighting problems in Columbus until they fixed the video sometime in the 1st.

There's gotta be some kind of bug in the new graphics package, because CSN California had the same penalty clock problem the other night for Sharks/Oilers.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

An allegedly comical slant on the lockout as presented through the fictionalized persona of W. Rockwell Wirtz, co-owner of Wrapports, LLC, owner of the Chicago Sun-Times.

See, fans? Rocky was just as much on the outside during this whole nasty lockout business as you are! That's why he says he doesn't need to apologize for killing half the season in a shameless power grab! He wasn't even there! It was all McDonough's fault!

Still beats the piss out of a Mariotti column, though. I wouldn't wipe my ass with one of those for fear of infection.

I thought Wirtz was one of the owners who was pissed off about the lockout because it precluded him from selling his booze at a premium?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

You'd think so (I sure did), but his public comments over the last couple weeks seem to indicate otherwise.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Every owner has been retroactively pro-lockout in public now that it's over. Maybe the $1,000,000 disobeying-Bettman fine is still in effect. Even Mark Chipman, who came in with Ron Burkle to save negotiations from Jacobs, has muttered about it being "something we had to do." Wirtz has told a few lies about accounting, and he is his father's son, but I can't buy him as a hardliner in this, not someone who had spent the previous five years blitzing the market with all things Blackhawks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There's a lot of that around the league, because the games are sloppy and the defense is lagging hard.

Is there a way to watch NHL games ala Center Ice online with a paid plan? I don't have direcTV or dish, and I feel like the NHL had something akin to MLB.tv. Anybody throw me a bone?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Is there a way to watch NHL games ala Center Ice online with a paid plan? I don't have direcTV or dish, and I feel like the NHL had something akin to MLB.tv. Anybody throw me a bone?

NHL Game Center Live.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Or illegal streams.

I use the good ol' illegal streams, but quality is total crap. The puck is several blackish grey pixels.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

For me, picture quality seems to become less of a concern when my bank account isn't taking a hit.

True. Plus GameCenter Live blacks out local markets, thus it's pointless for me as it won't let me watch Blackhawks games. No purchase.

Edit: Leddy nails OT game winner, Blackhawks 6-0, best start in the franchise's 86 years of existence.

twitter

Archived