The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

and I think smart people understand that what attendance problems that have risen with the Blue Jackets are tied directly with the team's failures on the ice. It's the dumb HFboards, Hockey Meme, and even local dip :censored: contingent that look at bad attendance numbers and jump to the linear conclusion that people here must hate hockey or that we aren't interested. Those are the people that I feel like the team and its fans are constantly battling.

In the past I've listed all of the bull :censored: this fanbase has been dealt since 2000. I won't do that again, but if you go through it all it's astounding how many bad bounces of bad luck this team has been through on top of being poorly managed. It's amazing we have any season ticket holders.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when they took "clutching and grabbing" out of the game? :D

20130128005041_tdndc5-68k1u4i564ltd3zy9qc_original.jpg

Remember when they took slashing/spearing out of the game?

wingshawksweb4.jpg

Nice troll btw. :)
Franzen sucks anyway. Homer took worse beatings in his sleep and didn't :censored: up 5-3s.

Any hockey player named "Dougie Hamilton" is going to be hyped to the moon. That's almost "Cam Gord."

Coyotes outshooting the Predators 5-3 through twenty. Guess it's officially Back To Normal.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Jordan Eberle impresses me more and more every time I watch the Oilers play. Easily their best player and he wasnt even a #1 overall pick!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Any hockey player named "Dougie Hamilton" is going to be hyped to the moon. That's almost "Cam Gord."

Coyotes outshooting the Predators 5-3 through twenty. Guess it's officially Back To Normal.

Mmmm, that's grindy!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

He was hyped, but he's surpassed it ten fold. Incredible playing for a 19-year old.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Was a great game. I think the D is starting to come together. At first I hated the Nash trade. But now, I am starting to see the positives of it. Anisimov is a pretty good Forward. The guy shows a lot of promise in the NHL. Bob looked really good too. Tomorrow night will be a huge test. If they can come out of the game with 1 point its a step in the right direction.

On another note, just flipped it to the Phx-Nsh game. There is a strange resemblance to Atlanta. I do believe I saw more fans at the Cyclones game Saturday Night then I am seeing on tv in Phoenix. Although I should note there were over 9k at the game Sat night. That is a milestone for Cincy.

There are entire rows that are empty at center ice and the shoot-once end is almost entirely empty:

z7aFFcB.jpg

Someone allegedly raised $170 million to buy this team.

My guess is 8,700 announced, 6,000 actually there.

Edit: 8,581 announced! Pretty sure that earns me control of the cards. Higher than that 5, Jim!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Can someone explain to me what the hell is going on with Shea Weber? Is he truly this neutered without Suter?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

His defensive partner is Roman Josi. I couldn't tell you a thing about Roman Josi if you held me at gunpoint. Their entire roster is pretty much terrible. Mike Fisher is okay, Martin Erat has his moments when his head isn't up his ass, but I'm sorry, this is just a thoroughly underwhelming assemblage of bodies, even by Predators standards. I think their once-vaunted Fourth Line Assembly Line has broken down.

Archived