The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Seriously?

Canucks still smarting over cost of Keith's cheap shot

Ten months after the fact, the hit still looks every bit as calculated, every bit as cynical and every bit as dangerous as the night it was delivered.

Henrik Sedin sends an aerial pass in the vicinity of his brother near centre ice. Daniel pirouettes, and, when his back is turned, Blackhawks defenceman Duncan Keith takes one stride, leaves his feet and launches his right elbow at the point of Sedin’s chin. Sedin crumples, concussed. The puck is 20 feet away. Keith, incredibly, is given a minor on the play.

As for the aftermath, you’re likely aware Sedin didn’t return to the Canucks lineup until Game 4 of their playoff series with the L.A. Kings, when they were already down three games to none. Sedin’s absence wasn’t the only reason the Canucks lost to the Kings. But it was indisputably a reason and, tonight, the Blackhawks and the Canucks meet for the first time since Keith’s elbow on Sedin.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my favorite things in hockey is seeing a player score their first goal. Yakupov's reaction was awesome, pure unplanned, unbridled joy. Good for him.

Some darn impressive first year players this season. Schultz, Tarasenko, Conacher just to name a few have been standouts so far.

On the bright side, everybody has brought life into this otherwise-moribund sub-forum.

http://prohockeytalk...ve-celebration/

The Canadiens have outlawed hand-slapping because it isn't inclusive enough and disrespects the opponents. Next time Nail Yakupov scores, I hope he does a backflip. This gomer-ass league, I tell ya.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Canadiens have outlawed hand-slapping because it isn't inclusive enough and disrespects the opponents. Next time Nail Yakupov scores, I hope he does a backflip. This gomer-ass league, I tell ya.

Banning a celebration because it's not "inclusive" enough? What is this, little league?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Banning a celebration because it's not "inclusive" enough? What is this, little league?

At least Little League doesn't take away the kids' Gatorade because it's not fair for sponsors to assume all the risk.

Just set a car on fire outside the arena. It combines tradition with maximum fan interaction.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Good, solid, thorough, total game for the Ducks tonight. The one goal was weak, but eh, Fasth got a piece of it.

Teemu with three assists to move into a tie with Doug Gilmour for 17th all-time in points.

And great NHL debut for Sami Vatanen on defense. Kinda small, but not afraid to throw himself around. Smooth on his skates, quick stick on passes/shots/defense. Impressed. And Emerson Etem, the Ducks' first SoCal born and trained skater, played his first game in Anaheim after debuting in San Jose. No points, but tons of great chances again very impressed with his play. I am really loving this young crop of players the Ducks have.

Anyway, nice start to 3 games in 4 nights.

Tomorrow night is the first Ducks/Kings game of the year. At the Pond.

I'm already simmering at a low boil.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

What a disappointment. I was hoping for some good post-Canucks/Blackhawks game vigilantism in this thread. :mojoto:

I was hoping to come back to a big argument, oh well...

This year, the regular season means even less than it usually does. As long as you get in anyone has a chance. It doesn't make sense to get too up or down after any single game.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

What a disappointment. I was hoping for some good post-Canucks/Blackhawks game vigilantism in this thread. :mojoto:

In a rivalry, winning in a shootout is underwhelming. It just doesn't have the same zing factor as a regulation win.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Especially when your idiot coach trots out Nick :censored: ing Leddy in a shootout.

Clutch, Q. Clutch.

It was a very boring game, besides. I threw a little hate-nugget onto facebook and called Burrows a colorful name on twitter. It's not worth feeding the mouth-breathing Canuck fans housed around here every single rodeo.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Besides, they'll get their :censored: kicked in at the United Center.

I dunno. Blackhawks are eking out points right now in games they shouldn't come away from with any. Losing streak, ahoy.

twitter

It's not the Canadiens organisation that's to blame, it's Michel Therrien. Seems like it has everything to do with the friction between him and PK.

Will banning this "childish" celebration really lead to better productivity down the road? Some people say that it's a way to rid the distractions and emphasize more on team focus. But maybe it's just a really dumb move that will lead to yet another fricken saga between a top player and a coach, leading to a bad trade. That would be another disgrace if that happens. I've read the arguments from both sides, and this is what it's making me think of.

One of the things I hate the most about hockey is this culture of fuddy-duddiness where no one is allowed to have any joy over anything. The NFL is that way, but at least it's the players doing something and getting fined for it. This is an entire self-enforced culture. Worse, it then becomes acceptable to physically harm someone beyond the context of playing to win a game.

0.jpg

OH HAY WHAT'S THIS THAT SMILE IS LOOKIN' A LITTLE BIG THERE, SHANE, SOMEONE BETTER PUT A SHOULDER IN THE BACK OF YOUR NECK TO SHOW YOU WHAT'S WHAT.

Archived