The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Garden was rocking tonight when Nathan Horton tied it up with four minutes to go against the Devils tonight. Marchand ends up winning it in the shootout. What a game to get to!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Florida Panthers, you have officially regressed to the mean!

confetti.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yo, I want to take back a lot of the bad stuff I used to say about the Ducks. They have a nice thing going under Boudreau, and Selanne is still a joy to watch. Sucks that they lost in the shootout; I was hoping to have the last undefeated team standing. They should be a playoff team this year, though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yo, I want to take back a lot of the bad stuff I used to say about the Ducks. They have a nice thing going under Boudreau, and Selanne is still a joy to watch. Sucks that they lost in the shootout; I was hoping to have the last undefeated team standing. They should be a playoff team this year, though.

Thank you :)

Yes, pleasantly surprised thus far. I like the mix of talented top 4, gritty vets, and youth. Defense needs a little more help but they've steadily improved over the 5 games. Ever since Boudreau has come in, I've loved the direction and the stacking style. A much needed change for this team from the regiment of Carlyle. Only 5 games and 3-1-1 is ok, but I like everything thus far.

All that said, :censored: shootouts. :censored: San Jose.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Read into this what you will:

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC

Former NHLPA executive director Paul Kelly just told council NHL discussed expanding to 32 teams with him

Does not make any sense at all. So everyone lets give a warm welcome to Las Vegas, your 31st franchise, :shocked:

Nay:

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC

In media scrum, Kelly says he believes NHL will expand to 32 teams within "2-3 years, most likely" to Quebec City and the Toronto area

Apparently there was a city council vote in Markham, Ont. to stop work on a proposed arena for this hypothetical GTA team. Per Friedman, it failed 7-6.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Apparently there was a city council vote in Markham, Ont. to stop work on a proposed arena for this hypothetical GTA team. Per Friedman, it failed 7-6.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Glendale Northeast!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If you haven't heard, Tampa is good. 4.8 goals a game, Stamkos has a point in every game, great goalie play by Anders Lindback, and Cory Conacher should be up for Rookie of the Year. He has 3 goals and 6 assists.

He also was the AHL MVP and RotY last season with Norfolk, and he is only 5'8". Everyone loves him.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Glendale Northeast!

Glendale Northeast hosting the Clippers: NHL Edition. What could go wrong?

So Phoenix continues to be kept on life support. Quebec and Seattle get expansion teams.

Not only that, but expansion teams in Seattle and Quebec City would cut off potential relocation options for the Coyotes once that thing CONPLETELY flies off the rails, leaving them no where to go.

Only the NHL could screw this up.

Halifax looks like a cool little port city and I hope to visit one day, but with a population of less than 400,000 I don't think they'd be able to support an NHL team in the long-term.

sort of on-topic sidenote: one of my favorite internet activities is getting on google earth and looking at cities I've never been to. Anyone else?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived