The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

and I think smart people understand that what attendance problems that have risen with the Blue Jackets are tied directly with the team's failures on the ice. It's the dumb HFboards, Hockey Meme, and even local dip :censored: contingent that look at bad attendance numbers and jump to the linear conclusion that people here must hate hockey or that we aren't interested. Those are the people that I feel like the team and its fans are constantly battling.

In the past I've listed all of the bull :censored: this fanbase has been dealt since 2000. I won't do that again, but if you go through it all it's astounding how many bad bounces of bad luck this team has been through on top of being poorly managed. It's amazing we have any season ticket holders.

As someone who watched the crap that Georgia Frontiere did with the Rams to move them, I get why the Columbus fan base is poor. It's not that there are no fans, it's just the fans are sick of pathetic ownership. Where fans are really pathetic is in Phoenix. How in the hell does a team who reached the Conference Finals last year, not sell out, let alone fill the arena the next year. I'll just come out and say, that fanbase is pathetic and please move the team to Quebec, Hartford, or even Hamilton. Give that franchise to a city and fanbase that cares about them!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knew from day one the day they got split up, their play would decline. I don't know how they both are defensively, haven't really watched much games involving the Wild and Preds.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Who has the better of this Jets/Canadiens game? (I'm stuck in a fantasy hockey conundrum for who to start at LW: E. Kane, Prust, or Ladd)

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Close call. Winnipeg's skaters are better, but I'll take Price over Pavelec. When in doubt, pick the Jets to let you down.

no one cares about your fantasy team

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Close call. Winnipeg's skaters are better, but I'll take Price over Pavelec. When in doubt, pick the Jets to let you down.

I know. It pains me to ask. It truly does.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Fantasy hockey is truly a pain! My gut tells me to start Ladd over Kane since he has marginally better numbers (3G - 3A - 34 PIMs in 19 Games) against the Canadiens than Kane (1G - 5A - 12 PIMs in 11 Games). Then again, Kane has had a slightly better start to the season, so who knows!

However, if you're desperate for PIMs, then I would go with Prust since he's averaging 5 PIMs per game so far.

It depends. Is Bobrovsky starting again? He's been solid.

twitter

No, they're starting Mason, which means it'll be Wild 5 Blue Jackets 2.

Psh. How many more games are they going to keep peddling Mason out? His numbers against Bobrovsky's aren't even near comparable. Contract thing, maybe?

twitter

Fantasy hockey is truly a pain! My gut tells me to start Ladd over Kane since he has marginally better numbers (3G - 3A - 34 PIMs in 19 Games) against the Canadiens than Kane (1G - 5A - 12 PIMs in 11 Games). Then again, Kane has had a slightly better start to the season, so who knows!

However, if you're desperate for PIMs, then I would go with Prust since he's averaging 5 PIMs per game so far.

PIMs are good in fantasy hockey? Interesting.

PIMs are good in fantasy hockey? Interesting.

Yes, most leagues track them as a net positive stat category.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Read into this what you will:

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC

Former NHLPA executive director Paul Kelly just told council NHL discussed expanding to 32 teams with him

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I've always thought that in a sport with 8 playoff spots per conference four 4-team divisions would be ideal in a vacuum. You get the four division winners and four "at large" spots. Makes sense.

However, in reality, there's just too much parity as it is. Too many problems with having 30 teams as it is. It just isn't practical.

Of course, this being the (OIT)GDNHL, the owners will grab an expansion fee for a quick buck then cry poverty 30 seconds thereafter.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived