The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should be 10-1 Flames, but Emery's insane play with some stupid, stupid Blackhawk luck merits them a stolen loser point, at the very worst.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Wow the Flames are absolutely useless...

You beat us last night. What more do you want?

Your obsession is really creepy.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

47 shots on Emery tonight and he channeled the Gods of Goaltending. I feel bad for Flames fans, they deserved to win this one in a rout.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Props to Emery. He felt the heat was on him after stinking up the joint and sitting for six straight games. He had to remind the world he might still be an NHL goalie after all.

And I, for one, welcome Morgo's rampant Blackhawks hate as long as I get to reciprocate it. I'm glad the rivalry is enduring, even without a playoff series last year. I think it's one of the better rivalries in the league because of how it developed organically and not out of geography or Star Versus Star contrivances.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Wow the Flames are absolutely useless...

You beat us last night. What more do you want?

Your obsession is really creepy.

I didn't comment on the Canucks game because I didn't get an opportunity to watch it. I don't see how making one offhand comment about a game I'm watching on an NHL related thread is creepy. You should be happy you've gotten a point in every game so far.

I just think it's a little weird for you to be freaking out every time the Blackhawks win when you only play them three times this year. I get that you hate them, but the Blackhawks beating other teams is not the end of the world for you.

I hate the Canucks too, but I don't sit on my computer every day looking at their scores.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I just think it's a little weird for you to be freaking out every time the Blackhawks win when you only play them three times this year. I get that you hate them, but the Blackhawks beating other teams is not the end of the world for you.

I hate the Canucks too, but I don't sit on my computer every day looking at their scores.

Who's freaking out? I jokingly called the Flames useless for allowing a Blackhawks goal in the final 2 seconds of a game they dominated... If I was sitting at my computer constantly worried about every Hawks game don't you think I'd be rubbing it in yesterday? I've probably made a total of 4 posts in this thread...

If you don't spend your evenings scanning the score ticker to revel in the failures of others, I'm not certain that you're a hockey fan.

While we're on the subject... I'd like to have my NHL fandom reinstated. Who do I submit my resume and NHL credentials to? I walked away from the NHL after the '04-'05 lockout but I've spent the past two weeks watching a ton of games - and enjoying the :censored: out of it. It occurred to me on Opening Night that I much prefer hockey to basketball. And I purchased the NHL Center Ice package on Directv so I can watch the Rangers. I'd also like to apply for permission to post in this thread. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Someone will PM you directions to the next meeting. Bring beer.

If you don't spend your evenings scanning the score ticker to revel in the failures of others, I'm not certain that you're a hockey fan.

While we're on the subject... I'd like to have my NHL fandom reinstated. Who do I submit my resume and NHL credentials to? I walked away from the NHL after the '04-'05 lockout but I've spent the past two weeks watching a ton of games - and enjoying the :censored: out of it. It occurred to me on Opening Night that I much prefer hockey to basketball. And I purchased the NHL Center Ice package on Directv so I can watch the Rangers. I'd also like to apply for permission to post in this thread. B)

Permission granted! The Rags don't look like they've jelled yet (I am not certain the Rick Nash trade was such a good idea for them, but then I've always been down on Rick Nash), but I think they'll wind up making the playoffs anyway on the back of Lundqvist, for old times' sake. Good win tonight.

Sharks get their first not-win of the year but, like the Blackhawks, still haven't lost in regulation or overtime. That Predators team is still just wretched, by the way. One regulation/overtime win on the year, 1.5 goals scored per game, and yet they have 9 points in 8 games. The bottom has to drop out there pretty soon, doesn't it?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Thoroughly dominated the Hawks in every stat, except the one that matters. Rayzor was amazing, hats off to him. He always plays us well.

This easily is the most frustrated I've been with these guys.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Permission granted! The Rags don't look like they've jelled yet (I am not certain the Rick Nash trade was such a good idea for them, but then I've always been down on Rick Nash), but I think they'll wind up making the playoffs anyway on the back of Lundqvist, for old times' sake. Good win tonight.

Thank you. Nash did score a goal tonight but I've been away too long to give you an informed opinion on him.

My woefully underinformed opinion of the game tonight: The Rangers played better than I thought they would. I watched parts of a few TB games before tonight; including the beat down they put on the Jets last night. So going in, I was expecting the Lightning to skate circles around the Rangers. While I'm happy with the win, I think if TB isn't playing their second game in two nights, the Rangers don't hang with them as well as they did.

That's the best I can do after a two week crash course. I'll get better as the season progresses. B)

Ray Emery had himself a game tonight.

BB52Big.jpg

Does that post violate Sports Rule 193, Section II (For no fewer than 365 days after winning a championship, fans of title-winning team forfeit any and all rights to complain) ?

*please ignore my repeat malicious violations of this rule in the 2011 NHL playoffs*

twitter

I assumed you were cranky over your team (The Kings, I presume?) losing to Anaheim. If I'm wrong, my bad.

twitter

Archived